We are stepping in the second week of August 2022, and Huawei has begun unfolding the new EMUI-based firmware updates. After, wrapping up the grand HarmonyOS 3.0 event, the company has again turned itself to its regular EMUI update distribution process.
Apart from the security improvements, the company has released some major EMUI software updates for eligible devices. So far, these devices include some unexpected members of the Huawei product family. For instance the P Smart series, Mate 10 series, and Y9 Prime smartphones.
In this long run of software updates, Huawei has also unveiled the August 2022 EMUI security patch which is the standard solution for bugs and issues. The respective patch fixes a good number of vulnerabilities of the device and makes the security system more efficient for the users.
For the moment, the company is busy dispatching the July 2022 EMUI patch for smart gadgets across the globe. And with the upcoming firmware updates, Huawei will deliver the August 2022 security updates and will release them for the devices running on the EMUI system.
So Huawei fans, to keep your device up-to-date, we recommend installing the latest software to your respective handy gadgets. However, it might now be possible to catch every info regarding new updates here and there. Hence, we are here with this thoughtful article that will bring you the daily report of new updates.
Huawei EMUI August 2022 Updates:
August 30, 2022
- Huawei is sending the August 2022 EMUI update for the Huawei P40 Pro users. The update mainly aims to boost the performance of the system by integrating security patches into it
- Huawei has released the August 2022 EMUI update for Huawei Mate 40 Pro users in Europe. To our surprise, the update is a bit late for European users. Read More
August 27, 2022
- Huawei is offering the August 2022 security update to the users of Huawei Nova 7 5G that is arriving with the EMUI 220.127.116.11 (C185E5R2P3) build version.
- Huawei has already sent the software to the P30 Lite users in other markets and now EMUI 12 is reaching the users in the UK. [Features]
- The August 2022 EMUI update for the Huawei Mate 30 Pro device has already reached the markets of the Middle East, now the company is sending this upgrade to users in Europe. Read More
August 26, 2022
- Huawei has started the distribution of August 2022 firmware with its devices. After a long run, the Huawei Nova 7i is also getting the August 2022 EMUI security update in Australian markets.
August 24, 2022
- Huawei Nova 5T is receiving an August 2022 software update, as this update aims to improve the security aspects of the smartphone with the latest EMUI software build 18.104.22.168.
- EMUI 12-based July 2022 update has started making its way for the Huawei Nova 9 smartphones. The update is occurring in the European region and will soon reach other markets. Read More
August 22, 2022
- Huawei is expanding EMUI 12 for the standard Huawei P20 smartphone in the global market and further reaching more consumers. [Changelog]
- Huawei P40 has begun receiving the August 2022 EMUI update in Europe. This new update carries some extraordinary fixes and improvements for the security system. Read More
- Three years old yet one of the famous handset models of Huawei – the Mate 30 Pro has finally started receiving the latest August 2022 security update with build version 22.214.171.1246 and package size 357MB.
August 19, 2022
- Huawei Nova 9 smartphone users are collecting the July 2022 security patch with a new EMUI 12 firmware. The update brings a bunch of fixes and improvements to enhance the overall stability of the device. Read More
August 18, 2022
- Huawei has started rolling out the August 2022 EMUI update for the Huawei P40 smartphone users. The update is taking place in the global market and will soon reach other regions.
August 15, 2022
- EMUI July 2022 update is now running live for Huawei P Smart 2021. With this update, the company is trying to offer a better user experience to each and every device user on time.
- The EMUI 12-based July 2022 security patch is making its way to the Huawei P40 Lite smartphone users in the European markets. Check out what’s new with this update. Read More
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro users become the first and foremost to receive EMUI August 2022 security update. The latest firmware is rolling out in the Middle East markets for the moment and will gradually move to other regions.
- Stable EMUI 12 has started rolling out for Huawei P Smart Z. The software update packs several features in its pocket that optimizes the overall user experience. [Changelog]
August 12, 2022
- Heir of the P series – the Huawei P50 smartphone is receiving the July 2022 EMUI security update in Europe. The update improves the overall system of the device and brings more stability.
August 09, 2022
- Huawei has started expanding the Nova 5T July 2022 EMUI security update with version 126.96.36.199 in the global market.
August 08, 2022
- Huawei is working to expand the EMUI 12 update for its old flagship devices. At this moment, the company is rolling out the EMUI software for Mate 10 Pro smartphone users. Read More
August 06, 2022
- Huawei started expanding the EMUI 12 software update for the P Smart 2019 smartphone users for more global users. [Changelog]
- Huawei Nova 5T users have begun collecting the EMUI July 2022 security update in Europe. The update brings a bunch of improvements and enhances the overall system of the device.
August 05, 2022
- The clamshell-designed Huawei P50 Pocket foldable started receiving the July 2022 EMUI security patch update in West Europe and France market.
August 04, 2022
- Huawei is working to expand the recently released July 2022 security patch fixes to the Nova 7 5G smartphone users. The latest patch is arriving on the EMUI 12 surface with the 188.8.131.52 version.
August 03, 2022
- Huawei is expanding the July 2022 security update for the Nova 5T smartphone users in Europe. The company has recently rolled out the respective patch in the region and now has started to gradually expand it for more users.
- Huawei has started the expansion of the major EMUI 12 software update for the P30 Lite smartphone users across the globe. [Features]
- Huawei is rolling out the June 2022 security patch for the Nova 7i smartphone in the Asian and Australian markets. Read More
August 02, 2022
- Huawei has begun expanding the July 2022 security update for the Mate 40 Pro smartphone running on the EMUI system in Europe.
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable smartphone is now receiving the July 2022 security patch with EMUI software update. The update is hovering in the global market with new improvements for the system. Read More
- Huawei has started rolling out the first EMUI update for the sleek-looking smartphone – Nova Y70. The budget-friendly device is gaining new firmware with a handful of optimizations for the optical part and the internal system. [Changelog]
August 01, 2022
- Huawei has started distributing the July 2022 EMUI security update for the Huawei Mate 40 Pro smartphone. The update is approaching the Europe region with the 184.108.40.2060 build version. Read More
Huawei EMUI December 2022 Devices: Monthly and Quarterly
A few days ago, Huawei summarized December EMUI security patch details. Now, Huawei released the list of monthly and quarterly EMUI devices for December 2022. These phones are eligible to get the latest software solutions including security and system optimizations.
As mentioned above, Huawei is sending updates for the devices in the monthly and quarterly updates sections. However, users are waiting for a new major software update that we still have no clue about.
Meanwhile, you should know that there are a lot of Huawei smartphones and tablets that have been removed from this listing as compared to the last month. However, we don’t confirm that these removed devices won’t receive a new software update.
Currently, Huawei is rolling out November 2022 security update for devices but we may soon see the release of the December 2022 patch. However, it would be better if Huawei treat us with EMUI 13 as soon as possible. Yet, the wait is all we have at the moment.
Below you can check all of the monthly and quarter EMUI devices for December 2022.
Huawei Mate series: Huawei Mate 40 Pro, Huawei Mate 50, Huawei Mate 50 Pro, Huawei Mate Xs 2, Huawei Mate Xs
Huawei P series: Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei P40 Pro+, Huawei P50, Huawei P50 Pro, Huawei P50 Pocket, Huawei P50 Pocket Premium Edition, Huawei P40 lite 5G
Huawei nova series: Huawei nova 10, Huawei nova 10 Pro, Huawei nova 10 SE, Huawei nova 9 SE, Huawei nova 9, Huawei nova 8i, Huawei nova 8, Huawei nova 7 5G, Huawei nova 7 SE 5G, Huawei nova 7i
Honor series: Honor 30 Pro+, Honor View 30 Pro, Honor 30, Honor 30S
Huawei Y series: Huawei nova Y60, Huawei nova Y70, Huawei nova Y70 Plus, Huawei nova Y90.
Note: This list will be updated depending on the inputs, as there are more devices that could be added or removed.
Despite the listing, we suggest you keep on looking at the updates section to check in the newest firmware.
5 year old Huawei mid-ranger gets new EMUI features
Huawei is rolling out new software updates for one of its 5 year old mid-ranger with a number of new features. It’s good to see those old smartphones are not completely cut off from new optimizations and Huawei is still sending new tweaks.
The 5 year mid-ranger that we’re talking about is the Huawei Enjoy 7s. And it runs EMUI 9.1. Alongside, Huawei is sharing a new software update for another veteran, Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus, also known as Huawei Y9 2018.
These two phones are well received by Huawei consumers and now getting new add-ons. According to the changelog, Huawei is sending EMUI 220.127.116.11 (from EMUI 18.104.22.168) for the following models:
- Enjoy 7S FIG-AL00
- Enjoy 7S FIG-AL10
- Enjoy 7S FIG-TL00
- Enjoy 7S FIG-TL10
On the other hand, Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus getting EMUI 22.214.171.124 (from EMUI 126.96.36.199) for the below-mentioned models:
- Enjoy 8 Plus FLA-AL10
- Enjoy 8 Plus FLA-AL20
- Enjoy 8 Plus FLA-TL10
What does it bring?
The changelog reveals that there are new changes in the application section such as the new Petal Light Tour app. Users will have to tap on the app icon to download the app on their smartphones.
You should know that the app download will begin only if you tap the app icon. Furthermore, this two Huawei mid-ranger are getting their EMUI security features improved with a February 2022 security patch.
Previously, Huawei Enjoy 9e received a similar update for a better user experience. However, we cannot configure whether the same firmware is planned to rollout for the global variants.
If it happens, then do inform us via Screenshot@huaweicentral.com. Until then check the full changelog mentioned below and keep an eye on your phone’s firmware section.
Added a quick download icon for the Petal Light Tour app, click it to download and use it directly.
integrates February 2022 security patches to enhance system security Information about the security content of Huawei software updates.
Huawei P30 Lite November 2022 update rolling out
Huawei is rolling out the November 2022 software update for the P30 lite smartphone in the global market. On the other hand, the company is sending this software update to improve the phone’s security aspect.
For now, the update has been spotted in the European region but may soon reach other markets. It’s come to know that the Huawei P30 Lite November 2022 software update has EMUI version 188.8.131.52 and a package size of over 250 megabytes.
You should know that this software is rolling out in batches. So, we suggest you keep on looking in the software update section.
The changelog doesn’t include any other improvements for the smartphone than the security patch. However, P30 lite users are anticipating EMUI 13 but Huawei has not revealed rollout dates for past devices.
Hence, the phone currently, runs EMUI 12 with a number of new features as well as the user interface. However, the P30 lite was stuck on EMUI 10.0 previously. Therefore, it’ll be interesting to see if this phone could get new major upgrades.
If you want to check for new firmware, make sure to open Settings menu > then all you have to do is to scroll down and tap on System & updates > from here tap on Software updates and then tap CHECK FOR UPDATES button on the bottom side of the screen.
The phone will take a few minutes to connect to the server and check for the latest available firmware. If it fails, then do check the firmware via the My Huawei app.
Huawei P30 lite sports a 6.15-inch display with FHD+ resolution, the phone is powered by Kirin 710 chipset. It has a 24MP triple rear camera system and there’s a large 32MP selfie camera.
The phone is packed with a 3340 mAh battery that could recharge with an 18W fast charger.
Below you can check participate in the poll and spark a conversation on your Huawei P30 lite software update status.
Received November 2022 update for your Huawei P30 lite?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) December 8, 2022
(via – Huaweiailesi)