Huawei has started to expand this rollout with EMUI version 22.214.171.124 and an updated package size of 4.41GB. According to Huaweiblog, the company is sending this update in batches and the changelog is filled with new features as well as improvements for the consumer.
If you are eligible to get the upgrade, then we recommend you to hope on it via Settings > System & updates > from here tap on the Software updates section and CHECK FOR UPDATES to check the latest software update build. On the other hand, you can check for the update via the My Huawei app’s update section.
below you can check the complete changelog for the Huawei P20 EMUI 12 rollout changes.
- Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make it easier to access the apps inside.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts. Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps.
- Allows you to easily multitask in split-screen mode and send messages in a floating window while watching videos or gaming. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and hold the screen to display the multi-window dock. Press and hold an app icon in the Dock and drag it to the side of the screen to share the screen. Alternatively, tap an app icon to view it in a floating window. You can later minimize the floating window to a floating bubble for easier access.
Smart Life in All Scenarios
- Supports accessing documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets and laptops.
- Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats. Note: MeeTime is only available in certain countries and regions: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00956296/
- Allows you to scan documents. You can now quickly identify and extract text from images, edit the text, export to multiple file formats, and share.
- The Discover tab in Gallery allows you to create video stories using pre-installed templates, special effects, and background music. The video editing features have been streamlined and provide further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
[Clutter-free Screen Projection]
- When you project your phone to your Huawei laptop in Do Not Disturb mode, messages and incoming calls will only appear on the phone screen. This protects your data and avoids screen projection interruptions.
- Integrates security patches released in May 2022 for improved system security.
(image source – Huaweiblog)