Huawei has started to expand this rollout with EMUI version 22.214.171.124 and an updated package size of 4.41GB. According to Huaweiblog, the company is sending this update in batches and the changelog is filled with new features as well as improvements for the consumer.
If you are eligible to get the upgrade, then we recommend you to hope on it via Settings > System & updates > from here tap on the Software updates section and CHECK FOR UPDATES to check the latest software update build. On the other hand, you can check for the update via the My Huawei app’s update section.
below you can check the complete changelog for the Huawei P20 EMUI 12 rollout changes.
- Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make it easier to access the apps inside.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts. Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps.
- Allows you to easily multitask in split-screen mode and send messages in a floating window while watching videos or gaming. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and hold the screen to display the multi-window dock. Press and hold an app icon in the Dock and drag it to the side of the screen to share the screen. Alternatively, tap an app icon to view it in a floating window. You can later minimize the floating window to a floating bubble for easier access.
Smart Life in All Scenarios
- Supports accessing documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets and laptops.
- Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats. Note: MeeTime is only available in certain countries and regions: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00956296/
- Allows you to scan documents. You can now quickly identify and extract text from images, edit the text, export to multiple file formats, and share.
- The Discover tab in Gallery allows you to create video stories using pre-installed templates, special effects, and background music. The video editing features have been streamlined and provide further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
[Clutter-free Screen Projection]
- When you project your phone to your Huawei laptop in Do Not Disturb mode, messages and incoming calls will only appear on the phone screen. This protects your data and avoids screen projection interruptions.
- Integrates security patches released in May 2022 for improved system security.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
Huawei Notebooks score 101% in China laptop market: Report
Huawei and its products are the top-most gadgets in the world. That’s just not a dramatic phrase but a fact. In the latest information, we found that the Huawei Notebooks are the ‘high-in-demand’ products in the China market.
Recently, Canalys shared a report regarding the value of laptops in domestic merchandise. To those who are unaware, Canalys is a market research organization that shows the reality and the positions of devices as well as their brands in the real world.
As usual, this time also, the organization published its report regarding the notebooks in the China region. Five tech giants are sharing this report: Lenevo, Dell, Huawei, ASUS, and HP. In terms of unit share, Lenevo is at the top with 37%.
Thereafter the list goes as – Dell with 11 percent, Huawei with 10%, AUSU, with 9 percent, and 7% unit share of HP. However, in terms of growth rate, Huawei notebooks are leading the China market with 101% in the second quarter of this year.
Undoubtedly, Huawei laptops and notebooks have gained a lot of users’ attention in recent days. Besides, the company has introduced several huge screen products in the second quarter of 2022. Hence, it’s obvious to find Huawei with a massive growth rate.
Although, at this moment, the company is lacking behind in the market share. It is standing in the third position, but we are sure that by the end of this year, the Chinese manufacturer will be able to once again grab the first position.
On the side hand, Huawei is also making efforts to stiff its legs in the global market. The company has some high-end technologies to showcase at the global level. Yet, many competitors are in the row and it’s difficult to make a profound place instantly.
But we should not forget that Huawei is capable of bringing such features that easily drag consumers into its court. After Mate 50 series, let’s see what new automation will stand the company at the top of the world.
Huawei updates HarmonyOS 3 wallpaper and window cleanup feature
Last month, Huawei pushed a number of new software updates for all of the HarmonyOS 3 beta testers and it brings improvements for wallpapers and app window cleanup. The HarmonyOS 3 upgrade comes with firmware HarmonyOS version 126.96.36.199 and around 1Gb of OTA size.
During the time of testing, the Chinese tech maker continues to feed in new features for the consumers. Soon, we will witness the release of a stable HarmonyOS 3 rollout.
Coming back to the rollout, this HarmonyOS 3 version brings you optimizations for the display of home screen wallpapers, performance, and stability, app window cleanup feature, as well a September 2022 security patch.
Furthermore, the company poses new fixes for WiFi that may have not been connecting in some situations.
How to update:
To get this software update, HarmonyOS 3 users will have to visit System & updates settings, from here tap on Software updates, and then tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES. Now let the phone fetch the latest firmware and bring it down for your device. Although, Huawei has kept the software limited to the Chinese models but its features are also shared by EMUI 12.
There are some notes that you should know before moving with the software installation.
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we suggest you back up any important data before updating.
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
- The phone must have sufficient charging levels (over 50 percent recommended).
- Optimizes the display of home screen wallpapers
- Optimizes navigation performance and improves positioning stability
- Optimizes the app window cleanup function
- Integrates security patches released in September 2022 for improved system security.
Huawei improves AppGallery games section
On October 2022, Dr. Jaime Gonzalo, VP of Consumer Mobile Services Europe at Huawei, people from the global gaming industry were given insight into how they could achieve an improved return on their considerable investment in new and existing games to boost AppGallery for game distributions.
In the past few years, AppGallery is becoming a popular platform for games as it serves millions of monthly active users with new and existing gaming apps. Up until today, AppGallery now lists games from some leading titles such as PUBG Mobile, Mobile legends, Free Fire, State of Survival, and more. Hence, Huawei continues to work on the games section for AppGallery users to enrich its user engagement.
“Games developers are finding it increasingly difficult to reach new audiences. The major challenge is that customer acquisition cost has increased significantly over the years due to market saturation and inflated pricing. That’s why alternative app platforms such as AppGallery are emerging and playing their part to provide developers with improved revenue-generating opportunities,” said Jaime Gonzalo”.
Currently, 99.9% of apps downloaded via the leading app distribution platforms are losing users monthly, pushing the costs of retention higher and higher.
Gonzalo pointed out that AppGallery currently has 580 million global monthly active users, 45 million of which are in Europe. Outside China, AppGallery has increased in-app revenue by 3x year-on-year, casual game growth has increased by 20x over the same period, and monthly ad revenue for developers has doubled.
“We have a high spending audience,” Gonzalo told the Pocket Gamer audience. “In countries like Germany the ARPPU is $200, in the UK the average is $159 while in Poland it is $100, and this is coupled with very low developer effort. Existing Android games can be ready to onboard to AppGallery in just a few minutes. We also support every game with solutions, promotions, and developer kits, which accelerate distribution and boost revenue numbers.”