Finally, Huawei P Smart Z smartphone users went straight to the most desired EMUI 12 stable version, by skipping EMUI 11. It leads to you providing a revised fluency of your smartphone similar to how you first used it after purchase or even better than that.
However, the Huawei P Smart Z is a midrange smartphone and users demand a new EMUI major update for the device for a long time, as it has even not received EMUI 11. But no worry it’s better late than never.
The latest EMUI 12 update brings so many surprising features and innovative changes to your Huawei P Smart Z smartphone. Although, here is a new EMUI 188.8.131.52 build version for you.
all you need to lift the 3.39 GB of installation weight, ya it’s hefty in size, but the data compromise result will be much happier for you. We recommend you install it via using the unmetered connection for not to interrupt services.
After upgrading to EMUI 12, the Huawei P smart Z users will definitely experience a new way of innovation, as compared to the current EMUI version. Below you can check the complete changelog mentioned below:
- Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps.
- Allows you to easily multitask in split screen mode and send messages in a floating window while watching videos or gaming. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and hold the screen to display the multi-window dock. Press and hold an app icon in the Dock and drag it to the side of the screen to share the screen. Alternatively, tap an app icon to view it in a floating window. You can later minimize the floating window to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
- Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats.
- In the Discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories using preinstalled templates, special effects, and background music. The video editing features have been streamlined and provide further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
- As you scroll, EMUI 12 speeds up the loading of web pages and apps. You can go back to the page the next time you visit it. EMUI 12 maintains optimum performance, transaction response, and application launch even after extended use.
Check February 2023 EMUI security patch details
Huawei has released February 2023 EMUI security patch details that will fetch better safety for smartphones running EMUI 12.0.1, EMUI 12.0, and EMUI 11 in the global market.
In the meantime, Huawei keeps on sending security patches, optimizations, and other important performance upgrades over the OTA method directly to the devices.
Meanwhile, Huawei has not released the February 2023 EMUI security patch update for smartphones but it may soon be delivered to the corresponding eligible models.
Why it’s important?
Security patches are important and Huawei releases such upgrades for smartphones to implement high safety measures to guard the data and fight vulnerabilities. Such updates roll out monthly and quarterly sessions.
Huawei has fixed 2 issues in critical condition, 14 of them fixed in high mode, medium and low level of vulnerabilities are not recorded this time. While there are 23 common vulnerability exposures patched from the last firmware version.
Specifically, it fixes an unauthorized access vulnerability (CVE-2022-48286) in the multi-screen collaboration module, which could have affected the confidentiality of the files that you are sharing over the air.
There are two medium-level vulnerabilities fixed for Bluetooth modules, which could exploit user data. CVE-2022-48295 addresses the fix of authentification of the IHwAntiMalPlugin API, which could let malware attack your Huawei device.
Next comes the Huawei fix for permission management vulnerability in the SystemUI module, which may cause users to receive misleading broadcasts from malicious apps for storage exploitations.
Below you can check all of the CVE counts and codes mentioned in the February 2023 security bulletin.
- CVE-2022-22088, CVE-2022-41674
- CVE-2022-20456, CVE-2022-20461, CVE-2022-20489, CVE-2022-20490, CVE-2022-20492, CVE-2022-20493, CVE-2022-20494, CVE-2023-20905, CVE-2023-20913, CVE-2023-20915, CVE-2023-20920, CVE-2023-20921, CVE-2022-33255, CVE-2022-32635
Already included in previous updates:
- CVE-2022-20504, CVE-2022-20506, CVE-2022-20513, CVE-2022-20515, CVE-2022-20516, CVE-2022-20517, CVE-2022-20518, CVE-2022-20520, CVE-2022-20521, CVE-2022-20525, CVE-2022-20528, CVE-2022-20530, CVE-2022-20537, CVE-2022-20539, CVE-2022-20541, CVE-2022-20544, CVE-2022-20546, CVE-2022-20552, CVE-2022-42535, CVE-2022-42542, CVE-2022-20496, CVE-2022-20566, CVE-2021-39793
February 2023 security patch may take some time to toss over the devices and we’ll keep you posted.
Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update is expanding
Huawei is expanding the January 2023 security patch for Nova 7 global version that improves the phone’s capability against potential threats. According to the information, Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update comes with version 184.108.40.206 and 233 megabytes. This update is rolling out in batches began to rollout early last month.
You can check for the update via Settings or via the My Huawei app. Below you can see the update changelog:
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in January 2023 for improved system security.
- This update will not erase your personal data but we recommend that you back up only important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update contact the Huawei customer service hotline.
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
Thanks to the tipster – Mohammed for this amazing update.
Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 gets January 2023 EMUI update
Despite the fact that EMUI 13 has not made its way to us, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 users can download January 2023 security update with EMUI build version 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.1681 respectively (via Huaweiportal).
Huawei Mate Xs 2 is an exceptional smartphone and it is a second-generation outward folding device that made its way to the global market. On the other side, it provides a new user experience than the predecessor.
The Nova 9 has a unique design and helped Huawei to recover Nova series sales among global consumers supporting a high-quality camera system. It equips 120Hz refresh rate and Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 4G.
Interestingly, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 launched with pre-installed EMUI 12 software and there are various features that caught our eye. However, it’s been already an entire year since Huawei rolled out a major upgrade. And EMUI 13 is all we’re waiting for.
For now, Huawei has not informed us about the EMUI 13 release date but these two smartphone owners eagerly waiting for a new announcement. Don’t forget that you can check for the latest firmware via system Settings > tap on System & updates > then move with the Software update to fetch a new upgrade for your Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9.
Below you can check the full changelog for both of these rolllouts.
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- January 2023 security patches integrated for better system security.
- With this update, your personal data will not be deleted, but it is recommended to backup all important data before updating. If you encounter any problems during the update, please call Huawei customer service support line or visit one of the Huawei service centers for assistance. This update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.