A few days ago, Huawei began to rollout July 2022 security patch for Nova 5T smartphones running EMUI 12 software. However, the update is now expanding for more users to cover the rest of the devices with the latest security enhancements.
However, one thing to note is that this firmware doesn’t include any major changes in the EMUI software system. That indicates that July 2022 patch primarily working to improve the security aspect of Huawei Nova 5T.
Speaking of which, consumers can download this latest Nova 5T firmware with version 126.96.36.199, which may vary depending on the market. On the other hand, the OTA download package size is relatively small around 200MB.
Consumers, who’ve already installed EMUI 12 software on their Nova 5T smartphone will be able to get this new firmware via the Settings menu. To download you need to open Settings > from here tap on System & updates and then tap on Software updates from here navigate towards the on-screen instructions.
You should know that the system will fetch the latest EMUI software build for your device and get it downloaded once you hit – DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL. Moving on, there are a few things you should know for safety and guidance purposes.
- This update won’t erase your personal data, but it’s recommended for you to back up any important data before you proceed with the update.
- Maintain sufficient internal storage to store the download package
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the update procedure is completed.
- Your Nova 5T will start automatically once the update is completed and set it up for initial use cases.
- For a better user experience, we suggest you leave out your device for at least 2-4 minutes right after the device restarts.
The latest software rollout is expanding gradually and it’ll soon cover all of the devices in the way.
Thanks to the tipster Jony Raj for this wonderful tip.