Parallelly, Huawei is also sending the software updates for its existing devices including Nova 5 Pro and Honor V20. The new update of both devices brings a number of changes to the system for user’s convenience as well as installs the March 2021 security patch.
According to the changelog, it comes with a new smart message setting item, a popular recommendation folder on the desktop, optimizations for call stability, and more. [Full changelog below]
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro
- Honor V20
To recall, last month, Huawei has already delivered the March 2021 security patch for the Nova 5 Pro smartphone that fixes 2 critical, 13 high, and 132 medium levels of CVEs for improved system security.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
Talking about Honor V20, it is an HarmonyOS eligible Honor device and soon upgradable over HarmonyOS 2.0, once the general stable rollout starts. Until then, users can enjoy HarmonyOS ringtone on their respective smartphones.
New EMUI versions:
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro smartphone users getting EMUI 11 version 18.104.22.168 upgrading from 22.214.171.124
- Honor V20 smartphone users getting Magic UI 4 version 126.96.36.199 upgrading from 188.8.131.52
For Huawei Nova 5 Pro:
- A new smart message setting item, when enabled, can intelligently identify the content of the text message and provide you with more convenient services.
- Added a popular recommendation folder on the desktop, which is now a popular selection application for smart recommendation Optimized Huawei Mall, Huawei Club, Education Center, and Link Now applications.
For Honor V20:
- A New smart message setting item, when enabled, can intelligently identify the content of the text message and provide you with more convenient services.
- Added a popular recommendation folder on the desktop, which is now a popular selection application for smart recommendation optimized Honor Mall, Honor Club, Education Center, and Link Now applications
- Optimized call stability in some scenes
- Fix the problem that WeChat clone cannot be selected when sharing
- Integrates the Android security patch released in March 2021.
Before you upgrade:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
There are two ways that you can download this latest software update, both of these areas the following:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
After the installation and restart, we recommend you let the system optimize the new application so your device can run smoothly on further commands.
You can also request this update via the Support app with the following instructions.
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install