Earlier this month, Honor pushed a new software update for the Honor 20 and View20 devices that brought Magic UI 4 alongside a number of new features for the global users. Initially, the company began this rollout for the users in the Middle East, and now the Magic UI 4 expanding for these devices in more markets.
According to the information, the Magic UI 4.0 for the Honor 20, 20 Pro phones comes with Magic UI 4.0 version 126.96.36.199 and for Honor V20 it may also come with Magic UI 4.0 version 188.8.131.52 with a package size of 1.84 GB. One thing to note, the Magic UI software version may vary depending on the market or region.
To be mentioned, this update is released for the users that are running the Magic UI 3.1 system and will be available gradually throughout different countries.
As per the Changelog, this latest software update for the above-mentioned smartphones installs the latest features including the new artistic themes, a better multiwindow mode for multitasking, smoother animations for simplicity, subtle effect, new notepad, multi-screen collaboration, and more. Check the full changelog below.
Before you upgrade:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data
- Use a stable connection to download the update package
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started
There are two ways that you can download this latest software update, both of these areas the following:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
After the installation and restart, we recommend you let the system optimize the new application so your device can run smoothly on further commands.
You can also request this update via the Support app with the following instructions.
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Thanks to the tipster – Tabak and Pauli
Honor Magic UI 4 Changelog for Honor 20 and V20:
This update introduces Magic UI 4/EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience.
Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, Magic UI 4/ EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them
Monthly and Quarterly: Honor Magic UI July 2022 Device List
Honor has recently released the July 2022 Magic UI security patch details for the eligible Monthly and Quarterly Honor smartphones and tablets devices. Yes, it is a little delayed as compared to EMUI July 2022 security patch but only the Mate 40 series receives its security patch.
Honor July 2022 security patch contains certain fixes and various privacy and security-related issue and exploits. These vulnerabilities are marked as 2 critical, 11 marked as High, and 8 markets as a medium level of CVEs. Meanwhile, doesn’t include any low level of CVE.
While some of the old devices from Honor are getting security patches from Huawei, launched ahead of the breakup of these two firms. Meanwhile, here is a list of Honor devices dedicated to the July 2022 Magic UI security patch to be noted, these phones launched post-Huawei and Honor separation.
However, the company will soon release the July 2022 Magic UI security patch update for the below-mentioned devices soon. All you need to sty turn on it with us to get the latest info about the updates or you can check wisely on your smartphone setting>>System and Update>>Click on Software Update and now you can follow the on-screen instruction to get the latest firmware version.
Monthly updates Magic UI device list of July 2022:
Honor Magic Series:
- Honor Magic 4 Ultimate Edition
- Honor Magic 4 Pro
- Honor Magic 4
- Honor Magic V
- Honor Magic 3 Ultimate Edition
- Honor Magic 3 Pro
- Honor Magic 3
Honor V Series:
- Honor V40 Light Luxury Edition
- Honor V40
Honor Digital Series:
- Honor 70 Pro
- Honor 70 Pro+
- Honor 70
- Honor 60 SE
- Honor 60 Pro
- Honor 60
- Honor 50 Pro
- Honor 50
- Honor 50 SE
Quarterly update section of July 2022
Honor X series:
- Honor X30
- Honor X30 Max
- Honor X30i
- Honor X20
- Honor X20 SE
Honor Play series:
- Honor Play 30
- Honor Play 30 Plus
- Honor Play 20 Pro
- Honor Play 20
- Honor Play6T Pro
- Honor Play6T
- Honor Play5 Vitality
- Honor Play5T Pro
- Honor Play5
- Honor Play5T Vitality
- Honor Tablet 7
- Honor Tablet V7 Pro
- Honor Tablet V7
- Honor Tablet Z3
- Honor Tablet X7
Honor Magic UI/Android July 2022 security update details
July is in its midway and the wait of consumers for the latest security patch is now over. Honor has just published the Android-based Magic UI July 2022 security patch details for several of its smartphones and tablets. However, the security patch rollout is yet to start via OTA medium.
Talking of the new patch, the Magic UI July 2022 security patch details of Honor shows a limited number of fixes to the internal system. Yet, these fixes are important to maintain the stability of the device and operate the functions efficiently.
With the latest July 2022 security patch, Honor fixes a total of 22 exploits of the Magic UI system. These include 2 critical, 11 high, and 8 moderate levels of vulnerabilities. Moreover, these issues are related to the kernel components, MediaTek components, and security systems.
Apart from the fixes, the patch also provides improvement to the security section of the device. It enhances the solidity of the core parts, making them coherent against malware. So Honor users! we recommend you grab the patch as soon as it hits the floor to enjoy a smooth and efficient experience.
Aside from waiting for the OTA update notification, you can check for the latest update manually. Just head to the Settings menu > System & Updates > Software Updates. From here, follow the on-screen norms.
Honor Magic UI/Android July 2022 security patch details
Critical: CVE-2022-20222; CVE-2022-20229
High: CVE-2021-4154; CVE-2021-0981; CVE-2021-39691; CVE-2022-20141; CVE-2022-20221; CVE-2022-20223; CVE-2022-20226; CVE-2022-20228; CVE-2022-20230; CVE-2022-25258; CVE-2022-25375
Medium: CVE-2018-25020; CVE-2021-20268; CVE-2021-20321; CVE-2021-31440; CVE-2021-34556; CVE-2021-35119; CVE-2021-3635; CVE-2022-0492
Magic UI 7.0
On the flip side, the Honor team is also investing its time in the deployment of Magic UI 7.0. Certainly, the company will soon unveil some new flagship models and a dynamic interface for its users.
According to the information, the next Magic UI version will be based on the Android 13 system. Thus users would be able to catch a new view on their Honor devices. Further, features such as Material You will uplift the user experience to some more extent.
Read More: Honor Magic UI 7 is coming: Honor CEO
Honor Magic UI 7 is coming: Honor CEO
Honor has been pushing itself to launch new products, as the company has already started to grab smartphone market share in China. As recently, the CEO of form Huawei subsidiary announced some new information about Honor Magic UI 7 software.
According to Zhao Ming, CEO of Honor, the Honor team is working on future flaghip devices and Honor Magic UI 7.0 software. Although, the Honor chief has not revealed further details on this matter, yet mentioned that the user experience has been improved.
“Honor team is currently intensively preparing for the future flagship machine and Magic OS 7.0” said Zhao
The latest remarks from Honor’s CEO came during a recent press meeting on Honor’s products and strategic planning for the second half of the year.
Magic UI 7:
Information suggests that Honor Magic UI 7 will base on the Android 13 operating system, the company could bring in new optimizations such as Material You dynamic theming and other important adaptations from the new Android version.
Recently, Google has rolled out the final Android 13 beta for the testers and preparing for the next phase – the launch of this new Android software. Past Android 13 launch, Honor may also launch a new flagship phone featuring Honor Magic UI 7 and rollout it for previously launched devices.
That’s not, it’s expected that Honor will focus on smart features with this upcoming Magic UI software version. On the other hand, the company will include a new control center feature in place of old quick settings.
Other than these, the Honor chief put some light on the progress and what Honor is aiming at.
Zhao Ming emphasized that Honor adheres to the high-end strategy of building brand and quality when going to overseas markets. He believes that although the global general situation has encountered challenges and difficulties, and overseas inventory clearance at low prices is very common, Honor will adhere to its core business logic closed-loop and operate prudently.
“To enter the global market for Honor, our core logic and philosophy is not to rely on low prices. We must rely on quality and experience. We must have enough strategy and patience to build a global high-end brand.”
(source – SinaFinance)