At Huawei Developer Conference (HDC) 2020, Huawei announced HarmonyOS 2.0, which supports more platforms compared to its predecessor. According to the official roadmap, HarmonyOS 2.0 will support devices with up to 128MB RAM, such as smart wearables and other IoT devices. In 2021, It’ll support devices up to 4GB RAM, such as tablets and entry-level smartphones. By the end of 2021, this RAM limit will increase over 4GB and open a way for the support of flagship smartphones.
At an event on June 2, 2021, Huawei officially launched HarmonyOS for smartphone devices announced a roadmap of upgrading almost every possible device that goes way back up to 2016. This upgrade plan is surely something and both Huawei and Honor phones are part of this journey.
So, Let’s look at the devices that are eligible to receive HarmonyOS software updates.
Note: All of these devices are officially confirmed.
HarmonyOS eligible Huawei devices:
- Huawei Mate 40
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 40E
- Huawei Mate X2
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 4G
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro Plus
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30E Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 30 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 5G
- Huawei MatePad Pro WiFi
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Lohas Edition
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Vitality Edition
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro 4G
- Huawei Nova 7 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G
- Huawei Nova 6
- Huawei Nova 6 5G
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
- Huawei MatePad 10.8 inches
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 inches
- Huawei MatePad 5G 10.4 inches
- Huawei Smart Screen V 55 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 75 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen V 85 2021
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 55
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 75
- Huawei Smart Screen S 55
- Huawei Smart Screen S 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S 75
- Huawei Smart Screen X 65
- Huawei P30
- Huawei Mate 20 X 4G
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Mate X
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G
- Huawei Maimang 9
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet 2
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei P20
- Huawei Nova 4
- Huawei Nova 3
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro
- Huawei Nova 5z
- Huawei Nova 5
- Huawei Nova 4e
- Huawei Maimang 8
- Huawei Enjoy 9S
- Huawei Nova 5i
- Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus
- Huawei Mate 9
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design
- Huawei P10
- Huawei P10 Plus
- Huawei Nova 2s
- Huawei Enjoy 10
- Huawei Enjoy 10s
- Huawei Enjoy 9 Plus
- Huawei Nova 3i
- Huawei MediaPad M5 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 10.8 inches
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Youth Edition 8 inches
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet
- Huawei Smart Screen V55i
- Huawei Smart Screen V65i
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65
- Huawei Smart Screen V 65 2019
- Huawei Smart Screen V 76 2019
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro
- Huawei Watch GT 2
- Huawei Watch GT 2e
HarmonyOS eligible Honor devices:
- Honor 30
- Honor 30 Pro
- Honor 30 Pro+
- Honor 30S
- Honor V30
- Honor V30 Pro
- Honor V20
- Honor V20 Moschino Edition
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor X10
- Honor X10 Max
- Honor Tablet 6
- Honor Tablet X6
- Honor Play 4 Pro
- Honor 30 Youth Edition
- Honor Play 4
- Honor V10
- Honor 10
- Honor Play
- Honor 20S
- Honor Play4T Pro
- Honor 9X
- Honor 9X Pro
- Honor 8X
- Honor 10 Youth Edition
- Honor 20i
- Honor 9
- Honor V9
- Honor Play 3
- Honor Note 10
- Honor Tablet 5 8-inch
- Honor Tablet 5 10.1-inch
- This list is based on recent leaks and available device information.
- It’s not officially confirmed.
- We may add/remove more devices to the list.
- This article will be continuously updated.
HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global Huawei smartphones?
Huawei has its fully-owned operating system – HarmonyOS, which offers a bunch of new features in comparison to the EMUI software. The operating system was designed to work across different platforms including an extra edge of functionality in smartphone devices. In the current scenario, the Chinese tech maker is pursuing the HarmonyOS 2.0 version and continuously enhancing it by releasing new software update versions.
Now, Huawei is planning to reveal the next version of the HarmonyOS operating system – HarmonyOS 3.0. This new version will surely come up with some advanced features for smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and other adapted platforms. However, it was also reported that the upcoming Mate 50 series could arrive with a pre-installed HarmonyOS 3.0.
At Huawei Developer Conference (HDC), the Chinese tech maker announced HarmonyOS 3.0. Although, the tech firm has not revealed any specific details on the user interface but we’re aware that Huawei has focused on the performance part this time and wants to rollout this software version on most of the devices.
Currently, Huawei has not announced the rollout of HarmonyOS 3.0 or its testing but the developer preview roadmap of this software suggests that it could come somewhere in July. Still, a confirmation is awaited.
Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 for global users:
Meanwhile, many consumers of Huawei devices asked us, whether Huawei is planning to launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for the global Huawei smartphone owners? To answer that, we should look at some facts that have appeared previously on the ground.
Huawei currently treats HarmonyOS 2.0 as the Chinese consumer-based operating system, especially for smartphones. The company has told us in a statement that it has no plans to roll this out to global smartphone users and continues to push EMUI as the lead smartphone software.
Meanwhile, Huawei consumers are taking on EMUI 12 as their prime operating system and receiving it via OTA software update. Looking at the fact that HarmonyOS 2.0 is not coming to the global market, Huawei has made some changes in the core EMUI user interface and brought it much closer to its Chinese counterpart.
However, confirmation is still awaited on whether HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for global consumers.
So what do you think, HarmonyOS 3.0 will come for the global consumers? Let us know via the poll below.
Will Huawei launch HarmonyOS 3.0 for global consumers?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) May 15, 2022
April 2022 HarmonyOS update released for these 6 Honor smartphones
Recently, Huawei has pushed off the April 2022 security update for several Honor smartphones running on the HarmonyOS operating system. As we know, after the separation of Huawei and Honor, the previously launched Honor smartphones came under the care of Huawei.
Yes! the latest software update rollout clearly shows the care of Huawei towards its former brand smartphones. Below, you can check the list of Honor smartphones, which getting the April 2022 HarmonyOS security update.
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor 20S
- Honor 30S
- Honor Play 4
- Honor Play 4 Pro
- Honor Play 9A
This newest update for the above-mentioned Honor smartphones mainly boosted the system’s security and stability. As it fixes over 49 vulnerabilities and threats found in the latest HarmonyOS software system. Read more
If you are any of the mentioned-device users in China and seeking for next update. Then, the update is here for you. Check the more information-related version below along with the update process and precautions.
Latest Version Details:
- Honor Magic 2: HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 updated from 220.127.116.11/231
- Honor 20S: HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 updated from 22.214.171.124
- Honor 30S: HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 updated from 188.8.131.52
- Honor Play 4: HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 updated from 220.127.116.11
- Honor X10 Max: HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 updated from 22.214.171.124
- Honor Play 4 Pro: HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 updated from 188.8.131.52
- Honor Play 9A: Magic UI 184.108.40.206 updated from 220.127.116.11
How to update:
Here are two ways to install the update and it’s up to you, which one do you like.
Open the phone settings menu, tap on system & updates then click on software updates. From here, tap on Check for updates and let the phone fetch the latest update for you. If an update appears on the device, tap on download and install.
Through My Huawei app:
Go to the My Huawei app and visit the support section. Afterward, tap on the update icon and follow the on-screen steps to grab the latest update.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei MatePad 10.4 grabbing March 2022 HarmonyOS software update
New information reveals that Huawei MatePad 10.4 March 2022 update landed on the ground with HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168. So, the corresponding device owners, to get the latest version, make sure your smartphone is presently running on version 22.214.171.124.
- Huawei MatePad 10.4-inch (BAH3-AL00)
- Huawei MatePad 10.4-inch (BAH-W09)
- Huawei MatePad 5G 10.4-inch (BAH-AN10)
- Huawei MatePad 10.4-inch (BAH-W59)
Talking about the new changes, this update brings more device support to the super device feature for improved connection & collaboration. Further, the added Senior Mode settings for elders for better management of settings.
That’s not it, the update also optimizes anti-mistouch operation in gaming scenarios for an enhanced experience. Lastly, it installs the March 2022 HarmonyOS security patch to enhance system security.
- Super Device: Added support to connect with some Huawei watches, bracelets, and Mate View for better video playback.
- Game: Optimize the anti-mistouch operation experience of the game scene
- Senior Mode: Adds the Senior mode settings screen for easier management of settings that seniors may find useful, including larger font size and a longer touch response time.
- Security: Incorporated the March 2022 security patch to enhance system security.
How to update:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the My Huawei app. To do this, open the My Huawei app, go to the Support tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.