Huawei has released the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch details for its smartphone and tablet devices. However, the rollout of this new security update is about to start meanwhile the December 2021 update is on the move. So, Huawei will dispatch the HarmonyOS updates for a bunch of devices throughout January 2022.
Alongside the monthly update rollout, Huawei has also started preparing for the next major software update – HarmonyOS 3.0. According to the information, HarmonyOS 3.0 beta testing could begin in April and follow by a public beta phase. However, a stable HM 3.0 rollout is likely to start in July 2022.
A few days ago, Huawei has replied to us on the matter of HarmonyOS for global consumers that currently there is no plan for smartphones outside China to upgrade to HarmonyOS. Until then, Huawei users in the overseas markets can enjoy EMUI 12 which looks similar to HarmonyOS.
Amid these discussions, Huawei will continue the rollout of regular HarmonyOS software and security updates to its devices. Also, the company keeps dispatching the major software updates from time to time to improve its models.
With the HarmonyOS January 2022 updates list, we will keep updated with all the HarmonyOS security and software updates released for Huawei devices this month and brief you about them.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates:
January 27, 2022:
- Huawei has begun sending the January 2022 HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone in China. Read more
January 25, 2022:
- Huawei has started to rollout the first January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for the P40 Pro and Pro Plus smartphones in China. Read more
January 22, 2022:
- Honor Play 3 smartphone has started receiving a new HarmonyOS software update that mainly installs the December 2021 security patch. Read more
- Huawei is sending a January 2022 HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei Nova 5z smartphone. Read more
- Honor 20 and 20 Pro smartphones users have started receiving the latest HarmonyOS update that brings January 2022 security patch. Read more
January 21, 2022:
- January 2022 HarmonyOS software update is rolling out for Huawei Nova 4e smartphone users. Read more
- Huawei Nova 5 and Nova 5 Pro smartphones running on HarmonyOS are receiving a new software that brings January 2022 security update. Read more
- Huawei has started to rollout the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Nova 5i and Nova 5i Pro smartphones. Read more
January 20, 2022:
- Huawei has begun sending the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8 inch tablet. Read more
- Huawei’s latest foldable flagship –Huawei P50 Pocket is receiving the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS software update in China. Read more
January 17, 2022:
- Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone installs the December 2021 security patch for improved system security. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out new optimizations for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 tablet with HarmonyOS version 188.8.131.52 update in China. Read more
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4 inch is grabbing the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS software update that comes with upgraded version 184.108.40.206. Read more
January 12, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling a new HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 SP5 software update for the flagship smartphone, Huawei P50 Pro in China. Read more
- Huawei MatePad 11 tablet users in Europe has started receiving the latest HarmonyOS security update released in the month of December 2021. Read more
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 software update for the Nova 3i smartphone that comes with version 18.104.22.168 in China. Read more
January 10, 2022:
- Honor Tablet V6 is grabbing the December 2021 HarmonyOS security update that fixes several new bugs and vulnerabilities found in the latest software system. Read more
- Huawei is releasing a new EMUI software update for Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone that mainly installs December 2021 security patch. Read more
January 8, 2022:
- Huawei is sending a new HarmonyOS update for Huawei Nova 2s users that brings the December 2021 security patch along with other optimizations and fixes. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out the first HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 software update for the Huawei Mate X2 foldable smartphone. Read more
January 5, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out the latest HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 software update for Huawei MatePad 10.4 tablet. Read more
- Huawei is started sending a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei P50 Pro that comes with the latest version 188.8.131.52 SP5. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest December 2021 HarmonyOS software update for the MatePad 10.8 tablet. Read more
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet users are installing the December 2021 HarmonyOS software update that brings system and security optimizations. Read more
Check the Huawei HarmonyOS 3 second batch devices [List]
We all are aware of the fact that Huawei is working to expand the major HarmonyOS 3 beta update for the latest flagship model. After its first batch rollout, the company released a number of devices to get the HarmonyOS 3 beta version by the end of August.
Below you can check the devices, ready to recruit for the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta version:
Huawei Mate Series
- Huawei Mate Xs2
- Huawei Mate Xs2 Collector’s Edition
- Huawei Mate X2
- Huawei Mate X2 4G
- Huawei Mate X2 Collector’s Edition
- Huawei Mate 40E
- Huawei Mate 40E 4G
- Huawei Mate 40E Pro
Huawei P series
- Huawei P50E
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 inches 2021
- Huawei MatePad 11
Huawei Smart series
- Huawei V98
- Huawei V75 Super
- Huawei V55 2021
- Huawei V65 2021
- Huawei V75 2021
- Huawei V85 2021
Well, all the above-mentioned device list is eligible to participate in the second batch of HarmonyOS 3 beta testing. As the company started reporting the adaptation process for the corresponding users.
In particular, the corresponding user is anticipated to receive beta builds in middle to the end of August. Huawei will also gradually review the version in batches for customers outside of the first group in accordance with the version’s development.
This means it is expected for the following Huawei devices user to start receiving the Beta version of the Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 update, for those who receive the approval notification by the company.
If you own one of the following devices (Chinese model) and wanted to take part in the Beta adaptation, then you can easily register yourself through the sign-up for the early adopter page on the Huawei club.
Or you can enter the registration through the My Huawei/ Member Center app. So guys hurry up, this adaptation process will long last till August 17 as mentioned by Huawei.
HarmonyOS industry continues to expand, 14 OpneHarmony distributions launched so far
Yes, Huawei continues to expand the presence of the HarmonyOS operating system not only in in-house devices but also in the software industry. The latest input on this matter reveals that HarmonyOS 3.0 industry has now 14 open-source OpenHarmony distributions of this software.
HarmonyOS 3.0 has the latest software user experience and the company has recently launched its consumer version for smartphone and tablet devices. As it will widely expand starting September this year.
According to the information, HarmonyOS Connect devices have exceeded 470 million units, after Huawei officially released the HarmonyOS 3 operating system. Currently, at least 8 A-share listed firms have released 14 industry distributions based on the open source HarmonyOS project – OpenHarmony.
The report on this matter reveals that, after three years, the foundation of the Hongmeng system has become more and more stable, and the ecology has gradually grown.
With the joint efforts of all participants in the industry, OpenHarmony has gone through the nascent stage of chaos. The operating system has driven ecosystem prosperity with root technology innovation, gradually opening the door to opportunities for “commercial application” and other important solutions.
OpenHarmony is an open-source project of the HarmonyOS operating system, first launched at Huawei Developer Conference 2019. The company made this open source at HDC 2022 event and later donated it to Open Atom Open Source Foundation which manages the code repository.
The project empowers industry players to base it and co-create new operating system that could be used for various tasks and computing applications. That’s not it, the vast open APIs of HarmonyOS allow users to connect different devices at the lowest of 128kb memory.
Open HarmonyOS provides a unified and integrated digital innovation basic platform for industries including personal consumption, medical care, finance, energy, industry, transportation, etc., which will cover the next generation of smart home, travel, sports Health, entertainment, office, education, social shopping, industrial production, and other scenarios.
In 2022, six OpenHarmony distribution vendors will launch commercial versions based on OpenHarmony for different fields of technologies.
- Austrian Thinking: Launched the first commercial distribution of MILOS for general industrial and IoT applications.
- Honghu Wanlian: Released the first OpenHarmony commercial release for commercial display industry devices.
- Kaihong Zhigu: Launched OpenHarmony education, transportation, industry, smart city, agriculture, and other industry distributions, and released model cases and industry solutions.
- Runhe Software: HiHopeOS industry distributions based on OpenHarmony will be launched successively, such as OpenHarmony distributions for industries such as finance, education, and energy.
- Shenzhen Kaihong: Based on OpenHarmony, KaihongOS will be launched focusing on eight fields including finance, government affairs, and industrial control, and the business ecosystem will enter a stage of rapid development.
- Tongxin Software: It plans to launch OpenHarmony intelligent devices operating systems and solutions for education, finance, transportation, energy, electricity, telecommunications, government affairs, and other industries.
(via – Sina Tech)
China’s largest video sharing platform using Huawei HarmonyOS fonts
Bilibili, also termed B Site is now receiving a new update that brings the support of Huawei HarmonyOS fonts. Alongside, this update also accompanies a handful of improvements and optimizations for the official desktop client version of the app.
To those who are unfamiliar, Bilibili is China’s one of the largest video-sharing platforms, based in Shanghai. This platform is mainly themed around animations and consists of numerous comics, games, and animated series. The users who are fond of animated characters can watch or read, submit their creations, and can even add overlaid commentary on videos.
To give a more suitable look to the interface, the official desktop version of Bilibili now supports Huawei HarmonyOS fonts. These fonts will automatically become the default fonts of the client or the user. However, they have a choice to change these fonts and use the system ones, through the Settings.
HarmonyOS Sans fonts
With the release of the self-developed operating system – HarmonyOS 2, the company has also brought access to new HarmonyOS Sans fonts. The customizable element appeared with several interesting tweaks for the users. For instance, optimized font grayscale, unified multilingual glyphs, new styles, and more.
On the flip side, Huawei also made these fonts available for commercial use free of cost. Thus, any user, business firm, or website were able to bring the support of dynamic fonts to their product.
Coming back to the topic, the new version released as 1.4.0 has some more tugs to explore. Apart from the custom-oriented fonts, the latest build also offers several improvements to the application program. Consequently, the update makes the visual experience more interactive for the users.
Besides, it adds new window switching keys, that allow you to easily jump into a new section without any lag or buffering. Thereafter, we also find normal playback mode switching and a more convenient and resizable window. Together, these things uplift the overall user experience of the app.