Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates List
Huawei has released the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security patch details for its smartphone and tablet devices. However, the rollout of this new security update is about to start meanwhile the December 2021 update is on the move. So, Huawei will dispatch the HarmonyOS updates for a bunch of devices throughout January 2022.
Alongside the monthly update rollout, Huawei has also started preparing for the next major software update – HarmonyOS 3.0. According to the information, HarmonyOS 3.0 beta testing could begin in April and follow by a public beta phase. However, a stable HM 3.0 rollout is likely to start in July 2022.
A few days ago, Huawei has replied to us on the matter of HarmonyOS for global consumers that currently there is no plan for smartphones outside China to upgrade to HarmonyOS. Until then, Huawei users in the overseas markets can enjoy EMUI 12 which looks similar to HarmonyOS.
Amid these discussions, Huawei will continue the rollout of regular HarmonyOS software and security updates to its devices. Also, the company keeps dispatching the major software updates from time to time to improve its models.
With the HarmonyOS January 2022 updates list, we will keep updated with all the HarmonyOS security and software updates released for Huawei devices this month and brief you about them.
Huawei HarmonyOS January 2022 Updates:
January 27, 2022:
- Huawei has begun sending the January 2022 HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone in China. Read more
January 25, 2022:
- Huawei has started to rollout the first January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for the P40 Pro and Pro Plus smartphones in China. Read more
January 22, 2022:
- Honor Play 3 smartphone has started receiving a new HarmonyOS software update that mainly installs the December 2021 security patch. Read more
- Huawei is sending a January 2022 HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei Nova 5z smartphone. Read more
- Honor 20 and 20 Pro smartphones users have started receiving the latest HarmonyOS update that brings January 2022 security patch. Read more
January 21, 2022:
- January 2022 HarmonyOS software update is rolling out for Huawei Nova 4e smartphone users. Read more
- Huawei Nova 5 and Nova 5 Pro smartphones running on HarmonyOS are receiving a new software that brings January 2022 security update. Read more
- Huawei has started to rollout the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Nova 5i and Nova 5i Pro smartphones. Read more
January 20, 2022:
- Huawei has begun sending the January 2022 HarmonyOS security update for Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8 inch tablet. Read more
- Huawei’s latest foldable flagship –Huawei P50 Pocket is receiving the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS software update in China. Read more
January 17, 2022:
- Huawei Enjoy 10 smartphone installs the December 2021 security patch for improved system security. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out new optimizations for Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 tablet with HarmonyOS version 188.8.131.52 update in China. Read more
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4 inch is grabbing the latest January 2022 HarmonyOS software update that comes with upgraded version 184.108.40.206. Read more
January 12, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling a new HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 SP5 software update for the flagship smartphone, Huawei P50 Pro in China. Read more
- Huawei MatePad 11 tablet users in Europe has started receiving the latest HarmonyOS security update released in the month of December 2021. Read more
January 11, 2022:
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 software update for the Nova 3i smartphone that comes with version 18.104.22.168 in China. Read more
January 10, 2022:
- Honor Tablet V6 is grabbing the December 2021 HarmonyOS security update that fixes several new bugs and vulnerabilities found in the latest software system. Read more
- Huawei is releasing a new EMUI software update for Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone that mainly installs December 2021 security patch. Read more
January 8, 2022:
- Huawei is sending a new HarmonyOS update for Huawei Nova 2s users that brings the December 2021 security patch along with other optimizations and fixes. Read more
- Huawei is rolling out the first HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 software update for the Huawei Mate X2 foldable smartphone. Read more
January 5, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out the latest HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 software update for Huawei MatePad 10.4 tablet. Read more
- Huawei is started sending a new HarmonyOS software update for Huawei P50 Pro that comes with the latest version 188.8.131.52 SP5. Read more
- Huawei has started sending the latest December 2021 HarmonyOS software update for the MatePad 10.8 tablet. Read more
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet users are installing the December 2021 HarmonyOS software update that brings system and security optimizations. Read more
New Huawei flagship will bring HarmonyOS 3.1
Huawei is gearing up for a massive flagship launch event on March 23, other than smartphones, the Chinese tech maker will launch new HarmonyOS 3.1 software.
According to the information, the flagship Huawei P60 series and Mate X3 foldable will pack HarmonyOS 3.1 operating system out of the box. That’s not it, the MatePad 11 2023 tablet will also bring it onboard.
This is good news and the new software will provide new features for a better new user experience.
The tipster also suggests that the Huawei Enjoy 60 series will use HarmonyOS 3.0. This is due to the platform limitation of the Kirin 710A chipset. Still, we don’t have an official stamp on this matter but more information is awaited.
At Huawei Developer Conference 2022 (HDC 22), Huawei announced HarmonyOS 3.1 developer beta. Last month, Huawei opened the HarmonyOS 3.1 dev beta for physical devices and the first eligible smartphones launched with this beta campaign include Huawei P50 and P50 Pro.
Other than that, Huawei already tested HarmonyOS 3.1 developer beta on the Huawei Mate 50 series. Unfortunately, all of this activity is happening only for the Chinese models. Meanwhile, global users are still waiting for a miracle to somehow access EMUI 13.
The developer beta doesn’t seem to have many graphical changes. Instead, it’s a major fix and performance improvement for Huawei devices. Yet some optimizations are clearly visible such as smoothed animations and fast on-screen operations.
As for now, Huawei has not announced the roadmap for this new HarmonyOS version but March 23 could bring it on stage. On the flip side, the official development roadmap of HarmonyOS 3.1 shows that Huawei will roll it out in April.
So, Huawei P60 and Mate X3 will give a grand debut to the HarmonyOS 3.1. Then the software will make its way to the old models in the following month.
That sums up the story, however, we’ll keep you posted with more development in this story.
Here are the new HarmonyOS 3.1 beta features and optimizations
Check HarmonyOS March 2023 security update details
Huawei has released March 2023 security update details for the HarmonyOS, this patch mentions various security improvements for devices running the HarmonyOS operating system.
According to the information, Huawei HarmonyOS March 2023 security bulletin contains details of security vulnerabilities that have been fixed by security patch 2023-03-01 or the updated HarmonyOS version.
The latest security patch helps users to secure their phones, tablets and smartwatches from vulnerabilities designed for malicious intent.
In the meantime, Huawei continues to sign up new smartphones with HarmonyOS 3 beta. As recently, Huawei P20 and Mate 10 series received closed beta in the homeland. However, there are also top Honor phones including Honor V30 and Honor 30 series already part of the test pool.
Both P20 and Mate 10 series are important and one of the oldest to receive a new HarmonyOS upgrade, which was released in 2018 and 2017 respectively.
HarmonyOS 3 also brings new improvements, such as the new Huawei Share optimizations. This automatically disables the phone’s Huawei Share within 20 seconds.
Another interesting feature that Huawei recently released is the ability to delete some system applications. It seems like the feature needs some optimizations to work to the fullest. Read more about it here.
HarmonyOS 3.1 is making moves and the developer beta activity is about conclude for Huawei P50 and P50 Pro. The HarmonyOS 3.1 roadmap suggest release in early April for old devices but the P60 series could grab it first.
HarmonyOS March 2023 security patch details.
This software update fixes 2 of the medium, critical, and high level vulnerabilities for HarmonyOS 3 and HarmonyOS 2 in the kernel section.
There are 5 vulnerabilities fixed in the system for HarmonyOS 3.1, 3.0, 2.1, and 2.0. The app section also got improvements by fixing 6 CVES in different parts of the app system.
Framework is the one with 7 CVEs fixed right away with high and medium levels of security threat for different HarmonyOS versions. These are some important fixes and we suggest all of the HarmonyOS smartphone owners upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible.
HarmonyOS 3 features for Huawei Watch GT 3 series
Recently, Huawei announced HarmonyOS 3 software rollout for the Watch GT 3 smartwatches and brings a variety of new features. This upgrade will help you to get the most out of its capabilities.
Huawei is rolling out HarmonyOS 3 for the Watch GT 3 Pro 43mm, Watch GT 3 Pro 46mm, Watch GT 3 Porsche Design, GT 3 42mm, GT 3 46mm, GT Runner, and GT 2022 Collector’s Edition.
According to the information, Huawei Watch GT 3 users can download this new build with version 184.108.40.206 and OTA package size of below 100Mb.
There are additional and hidden options available for the Watch GT 3 series, we’ll walk you through some of the most interesting ones here. Let’s take a look at HarmonyOS 3 features that are rolling out for Huawei Watch GT 3 devices.
Although, Huawei is sending HarmonyOS 3 for both global and Chinese users but the latest firmware has a China-exclusive feature called WeChat quick payments.
Outfit watch face:
After installing HarmonyOS 3, Huawei Watch GT 3 series users can set up a customized version of watch faces to match their outfits. This makes the watch faces more intriguing and interesting.
To set a dial, open the Huawei Health app, select the device, tap on watch face market, and then select “My” from here you can customize the outfit watch face.
Kaleidoscope watch face:
Other than the customized outfit dial, Huawei Watch GT 3 will bring a brand new kaleidoscope watch face. This will unlock new patterns on the watch faces when you access the crown to adjust the kaleidoscope display effect.
To use this new watch face, navigate to the Huawei Health app, select the smartwatch, open the watch face section, tap on Me, and then select Kaleidoscopic watch face.
This is another useful addition to the Huawei Watch GT 3 series and if you often wished for a torch in your smartwatch, then this is a right to upgrade to the latest HarmonyOS version.
The new flashlight comes with 8 standard and custom color schemes. You can customize colors, and flash effects and adjust the intensity of the color.
To use this new feature, open the app section, from here tap on the flashlight/torch app and then slide up to enter the flashlight settings.
HarmonyOS 3 grabs you a lot of reasons to upgrade over the latest software update and you should also download it right away as soon as it appears on your Huawei Watch GT model.