Huawei P50 Pocket is the first flip-style foldable display phone, it features a better camera system and comes with HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. Today, the company has started to improve its software system by rolling out the first HarmonyOS software update for the Huawei P50 Pocket smartphone. So, let’s begin this exploration.
The Huawei P50 Pocket first software update comes with HarmonyOS version 184.108.40.206 upgrading from HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11. This update will rollout in batches and may take some time to reach corresponding device owners gradually.
The changelog is big and contains a few features called wallpaper, which allows you to create wallpapers for the main display. This update also comes with optimizations for display, security, camera, and calling. To improve the performance of the phone, the update adds the latest system optimization.
Importantly, the update adds new capabilities for the cover display such as smart payment, missed call callback, and camera preview feature
- Added the feature of self-created folding wallpaper, which can easily make your favorite video as a main screen dynamic wallpaper, which jumps with opening and closing
- The external screen supports smart payment, missed call callback, and preview camera feature
- Super Privacy Mode adds the Always Protect function, when turned on, the camera, microphone, and location information will be disabled
- Optimize the display of screen brightness in some scenarios
- Optimize the photo effects of some scenes and improve the image quality
- Optimize the audio effect of the call scenario to improve the call experience
- Optimize the system stability
Huawei P50 Pocket:
Currently, Huawei P50 Pocket is only available for consumers in China but it’ll be introduced this month in the global markets. Huawei P50 Pocket, the phone has a dual-display system and a flip-style design. These two display measures at 6.9-inch for the main screen that folds inwards and a 1.04-inch cover screen for notifications and other important stuff.
The Huawei P50 Pocket features a triple camera system consisting of 40 MP True-Chroma Camera (f/1.8 aperture), 13 MP Ultra-Wide Angle Camera (f/2.2 aperture), and 32 MP Ultra Spectrum Camera (f/1.8 aperture). There are 10.7MP selfie cameras for better front camera photos.
It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 4G processor with an octa-core processor (1 x Cortex-X1 at 2.84 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A78 at 2.42 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 at 1.8 GHz) and Adreno 660 GPU.