Huawei continues to send new updates for the global smartphones with the latest EMUI versions. Although we’ve entered September 2022, some of the previous generation Huawei phones are still getting last month’s EMUI security updates.
EMUI updates are essential for smartphones, as it brings various bug fixes, system stability improvements, new features, as well as optimizations. On the other hand, the major updates will seed you with all of the latest functionalities that are required to improve the user experience.
Devices such as the Huawei P30 series are getting new security patches running with EMUI 12. Speaking EMUI 12, the company is expanding this software on various models and the rollout is still in progress.
Meanwhile, we’ve also got a confirmation on EMUI 13, yes, the next version of EMUI is about debut but the launch date and rollout plan is yet to be known.
We recommend you keep an eye on the software updates section to check the latest firmware update as it arrives.
This is the September 2022 EMUI updates archive and it’ll give all of the information and insights related to the latest rollouts.
Huawei EMUI September 2022 Updates:
September 30, 2022:
- Huawei P40 lite is gaining momentum with September 2022 patch and EMUI 12 version 188.8.131.52.
- Huawei P40 Pro is still grabbing September 2022 security patch in more markets including Europe.
September 29, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 7i is receiving September 2022 security patch with the latest firmware version and you can make it working right away.
September 28, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 9 users can now install new security improvements with September 2022 security patch.
- September 2022 EMUI 12 security patch is now enabled for Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone in the global market for improved system security.
September 26, 2022:
- Huawei P Smart 2019 is getting EMUI 12 software updates in more markets.
September 23, 2022
- Huawei P Smart 2021 gets a new update that installs an August 2022 security patch for improved EMUI performance.
- It’s time to give a new boost to your Huawei P Smart 2021 handset with the August 2022 security update. You can identify the update with EMUI 10.1.1.263 build version.
- Huawei has finally offered the September 2022 update for the P40 Pro smartphone users. The reflective update is taking place in the Middle East and will soon arrive in the global markets. Read More
September 22, 2022
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro smartphone users have started collecting the September 2022 EMUI update in West Europe and France markets.
- Huawei is currently exercising the EMUI 12 update for the remaining eligible devices and Huawei Y9s is one of them. The latest EMUI interface brings a huge list of thoughtful features that enhances the overall user experience. [Features]
September 20, 2022
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro is also eligible to install EMUI 12 update, which brings an intuitive interface, a multi-device section in the control panel, and various useful functions. [Changelog]
- Huawei Nova 7 5G users of Australia and the Asia Pacific region are obtaining the EMUI September 2022 security update. The new firmware incorporates the system security and stability of devices.
September 19, 2022
- September 2022 security patch is here for the Huawei Mate 30 European users. This latest update gives users definite relief from the bug they are having trouble with. Read More
September 16, 2022
- After a long EMUI 12 beta activity for the Huawei Y9s smartphone, the company is now started dispatching its stable version to the users. That landed with the expected features and improvements for the Huawei Y9s users.
September 15, 2022
- Huawei already activated the release of the EMUI 12 for Huawei Y8p users and in the meantime company is working to expand its reach to other users including the Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. [Changelog]
September 13, 2022
- Back in August, Huawei seeded the July 2022 security patch to the Nova 9 smartphone users. Now, Huawei Nova 9 smartphone users are receiving the August 2022 EMUI update. Read More
September 12, 2022
- Huawei is finally bringing EMUI 12 to more users of the Huawei P Smart 2019 smartphone. The update appears with version 184.108.40.206 and massive size of 3.46 GB. Read More
- Expansion of stable EMUI 12 begins for Huawei Y8p/ P Smart S consumers in the global market. Here’s the chance to enjoy new features by just upgrading your device to the new firmware. [Features]
- Huawei started rolling out the August 2022 EMUI update for Huawei P40 Lite handsets. The latest patch improves the overall firmness of the device and makes it more stable towards threats and exploits. Read More
September 10, 2022
- Huawei has started extending the roots of stable EMUI 12 firmware for Mate 20 Lite smartphone users in the UK, and it will soon expand to more regions as well. Read More
- Finally, the wait is over for the Huawei Mate 10 Pro users in South Africa as they are now getting the EMUI 12 software. The update is arriving with a 220.127.116.11 version with a lot of new features. [Changelog]
September 5, 2022
- Finally, Huawei released the June 2022 software update based on EMUI for Huawei Nova Y70 users. The firmware optimizes the camera performance and improves the overall security of the smartphone. Read More
September 3, 2022
- The August 2022 security patches were released by the company for more users of the Huawei P30 Pro smartphone. The update offers enhanced performance of the device with security patches.
September 2, 2022
- Huawei rolled out the fresh September 2022 EMUI update to its Mate 40 Pro users. It optimizes the security system and increases its capability to fight against bugs and issues of the device.
September 1, 2022
- Huawei released the August 2022 EMUI update in its latest flagship- the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone. The update mainly aims to improve the system security with the August 2022 security patches. Read more
- This list will be updated continuously.
Huawei EMUI December 2022 Devices: Monthly and Quarterly
A few days ago, Huawei summarized December EMUI security patch details. Now, Huawei released the list of monthly and quarterly EMUI devices for December 2022. These phones are eligible to get the latest software solutions including security and system optimizations.
As mentioned above, Huawei is sending updates for the devices in the monthly and quarterly updates sections. However, users are waiting for a new major software update that we still have no clue about.
Meanwhile, you should know that there are a lot of Huawei smartphones and tablets that have been removed from this listing as compared to the last month. However, we don’t confirm that these removed devices won’t receive a new software update.
Currently, Huawei is rolling out November 2022 security update for devices but we may soon see the release of the December 2022 patch. However, it would be better if Huawei treat us with EMUI 13 as soon as possible. Yet, the wait is all we have at the moment.
Below you can check all of the monthly and quarter EMUI devices for December 2022.
Huawei Mate series: Huawei Mate 40 Pro, Huawei Mate 50, Huawei Mate 50 Pro, Huawei Mate Xs 2, Huawei Mate Xs
Huawei P series: Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei P40 Pro+, Huawei P50, Huawei P50 Pro, Huawei P50 Pocket, Huawei P50 Pocket Premium Edition, Huawei P40 lite 5G
Huawei nova series: Huawei nova 10, Huawei nova 10 Pro, Huawei nova 10 SE, Huawei nova 9 SE, Huawei nova 9, Huawei nova 8i, Huawei nova 8, Huawei nova 7 5G, Huawei nova 7 SE 5G, Huawei nova 7i
Honor series: Honor 30 Pro+, Honor View 30 Pro, Honor 30, Honor 30S
Huawei Y series: Huawei nova Y60, Huawei nova Y70, Huawei nova Y70 Plus, Huawei nova Y90.
Note: This list will be updated depending on the inputs, as there are more devices that could be added or removed.
Despite the listing, we suggest you keep on looking at the updates section to check in the newest firmware.
5 year old Huawei mid-ranger gets new EMUI features
Huawei is rolling out new software updates for one of its 5 year old mid-ranger with a number of new features. It’s good to see those old smartphones are not completely cut off from new optimizations and Huawei is still sending new tweaks.
The 5 year mid-ranger that we’re talking about is the Huawei Enjoy 7s. And it runs EMUI 9.1. Alongside, Huawei is sharing a new software update for another veteran, Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus, also known as Huawei Y9 2018.
These two phones are well received by Huawei consumers and now getting new add-ons. According to the changelog, Huawei is sending EMUI 18.104.22.168 (from EMUI 22.214.171.124) for the following models:
- Enjoy 7S FIG-AL00
- Enjoy 7S FIG-AL10
- Enjoy 7S FIG-TL00
- Enjoy 7S FIG-TL10
On the other hand, Huawei Enjoy 8 Plus getting EMUI 126.96.36.199 (from EMUI 188.8.131.52) for the below-mentioned models:
- Enjoy 8 Plus FLA-AL10
- Enjoy 8 Plus FLA-AL20
- Enjoy 8 Plus FLA-TL10
What does it bring?
The changelog reveals that there are new changes in the application section such as the new Petal Light Tour app. Users will have to tap on the app icon to download the app on their smartphones.
You should know that the app download will begin only if you tap the app icon. Furthermore, this two Huawei mid-ranger are getting their EMUI security features improved with a February 2022 security patch.
Previously, Huawei Enjoy 9e received a similar update for a better user experience. However, we cannot configure whether the same firmware is planned to rollout for the global variants.
If it happens, then do inform us via Screenshot@huaweicentral.com. Until then check the full changelog mentioned below and keep an eye on your phone’s firmware section.
Added a quick download icon for the Petal Light Tour app, click it to download and use it directly.
integrates February 2022 security patches to enhance system security Information about the security content of Huawei software updates.
Huawei P30 Lite November 2022 update rolling out
Huawei is rolling out the November 2022 software update for the P30 lite smartphone in the global market. On the other hand, the company is sending this software update to improve the phone’s security aspect.
For now, the update has been spotted in the European region but may soon reach other markets. It’s come to know that the Huawei P30 Lite November 2022 software update has EMUI version 184.108.40.206 and a package size of over 250 megabytes.
You should know that this software is rolling out in batches. So, we suggest you keep on looking in the software update section.
The changelog doesn’t include any other improvements for the smartphone than the security patch. However, P30 lite users are anticipating EMUI 13 but Huawei has not revealed rollout dates for past devices.
Hence, the phone currently, runs EMUI 12 with a number of new features as well as the user interface. However, the P30 lite was stuck on EMUI 10.0 previously. Therefore, it’ll be interesting to see if this phone could get new major upgrades.
If you want to check for new firmware, make sure to open Settings menu > then all you have to do is to scroll down and tap on System & updates > from here tap on Software updates and then tap CHECK FOR UPDATES button on the bottom side of the screen.
The phone will take a few minutes to connect to the server and check for the latest available firmware. If it fails, then do check the firmware via the My Huawei app.
Huawei P30 lite sports a 6.15-inch display with FHD+ resolution, the phone is powered by Kirin 710 chipset. It has a 24MP triple rear camera system and there’s a large 32MP selfie camera.
The phone is packed with a 3340 mAh battery that could recharge with an 18W fast charger.
Below you can check participate in the poll and spark a conversation on your Huawei P30 lite software update status.
Received November 2022 update for your Huawei P30 lite?
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) December 8, 2022
(via – Huaweiailesi)