Huawei Y9s starts receiving EMUI 12
After a long EMUI 12 beta activity for the Huawei Y9s smartphone, the company is now started dispatching its stable version to the users. That landed with the expected features and improvements for the Huawei Y9s users.
The Huawei Y9s software architecture has been improved in EMUI 12 to enhance the performance of task handling and the overall app management process as a whole. On the other hand, the user interface will help you grasp realistic animations better.
As of now, the update is released for Australia and Asia-specific device owners. Notably, the EMUI 12 update for Huawei Y9s can be identified through the EMUI 188.8.131.52 build version.
The EMUI 12 will enables simple multitasking while playing games or watching films in split-screen mode and sending messages in a floating window. To display the multi-window dock, swipe in from the left or right side of the screen and hold the device still.
Additionally, The clutter-free screen projection feature does not disturb mode on your Huawei laptop and prevents incoming calls and texts from showing up on the laptop screen. This safeguards your data and prevents hiccups in screen projection.
For more details, you can check the complete changelog mentioned below:
- Supports more flexible font customization, you can adjust the size and width of the font with the help of a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them to make it easier to access the app inside.
[Notification and Control Panel]
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts. Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps.
- Allows you to easily multitask in split-screen mode and send messages in a floating window while watching videos or gaming. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and hold the screen to display the multi-window dock. Press and hold an app icon in the Dock and drag it to the side of the screen to share the screen. Alternatively, tap an app icon to view it in a floating window. You can later minimize the floating window to a floating bubble for easier access.
Smart Life in All scenarios
- Supports accessing documents or pictures on the phone from a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
- Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
- Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats.
- Allows you to scan documents. You can now quickly identify and extract text from images, edit the text, export to multiple file formats, and share.
- The Discover tab in Gallery allows you to create video stories using pre-installed templates, special effects, and background music. The video editing features have been streamlined and provide further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
- When you project your phone to your Huawei laptop in Do Not Disturb mode, messages and incoming calls will only appear on the phone screen. This protects your data and avoids screen projection interruptions.
Huawei EMUI March 2023 Updates List
Huawei has released March 2023 EMUI security patch details for global users and updates are flying everywhere among global smartphones. On the other hand, most Huawei phones have already received February 2023 security patch.
Huawei rolls out these software upgrades to improve the user experience. Therefore, it’s recommended that you install the latest firmware to keep your smartphone up to date with the latest security solutions. That’s not it, Huawei could also send some system patches for performance improvement, which you can check manually via Settings.
Meanwhile, users are eagerly waiting for a new major upgrade – EMUI 13. Interestingly, March also going silent, as we move half-way-through this month. It’s been a year since EMUI 12 made its debut and still, users now asking for Huawei’s take on EMUI 13 release for old devices.
Other than this, Huawei is also preparing to launch the Huawei P60 series, which will bring a number of new technologies. Furthermore, it could come with various new features, which may later be added to EMUI software. Yet, none of these are confirmed officially.
But we’ll keep you posted with all of the latest development in this story.
Until then, check all the Huawei EMUI software updates rolling out in March 2023.
March 25, 2023:
- Huawei Nova Y70 receives 184.108.40.206 software with March 2023 security patch for better system security.
- Huawei Nova 9 gets EMUI 220.127.116.116 with a number of new optimizations including display, apps, system, and stability.
March 21, 2023:
- Huawei P40 Lite users in Europe are getting firmware version 18.104.22.1688 with the latest security patch solutions.
- The latest feature-packed Huawei Mate 50 Pro software update for global users is reaching more places, allowing them to experience the latest additions on the go.
March 20, 2023:
- Huawei is sending a new software update for the Huawei P50 Pro smartphone in the global market that comes with March 2023 security update and firmware version 22.214.171.1242.
March 18, 2023:
Huawei Mate 50 Pro in the global market is getting a new software update that comes with EMUI version 126.96.36.199 and a package size of 867 megabytes. However, the changelog of this update is more interesting because there are a lot of changes inside.
According to the information, Huawei is sending new camera improvements for better photography, it also has apps and sound quality optimizations. Furthermore, you will latest solutions for better system performance and security. Read more here.
March 10, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is one of the first smartphones to get the March 2023 security update, it’s EMUI firmware version is 188.8.131.527.
March 9, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 8i, Nova Y61, and Nova Y60 are grabbing February 2023 security update with EMUI version 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168 for Nova 8i, Y61, and Y60 respectively.
March 7, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 7 is receiving a new firmware update that comes with build version 22.214.171.124, which improves the phone’s security by featuring EMUI February 2023 patch.
March 6, 2023:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro is getting a new software update in the global market that comes with February 2023 security patch and it has EMUI version 126.96.36.1992.
March 4, 2023:
- Huawei FreeBuds 5i is up to grab a new system stability firmware upgrade that improves these earbuds’ performance.
- Huawei P40 Lite can now download February 2023 security patch via OTA and the version is 188.8.131.528.
March 3, 2023:
- Huawei Nova 10 series is one of the earliest phones to launch with pre-installed EMUI 12 and now the Chinese tech maker is sending February 2023 security update for this smartphone in the global market.
March 2, 2023:
- Huawei has released a new software update for the P30 Pro flagship with version 184.108.40.206 and it comes with February 2023 security patch for improved system safety. While, users of this phone want to fix the blur issue that is occurring on the main camera of the flagship.
Huawei Nova 9 gets EMUI 220.127.116.116 with new improvements
Huawei is rolling out a brand new software update for the Huawei Nova 9 smartphone and it comes with EMUI 18.104.22.1686 version. Don’t forget that it is a global model and the company has loaded the changelog with new improvements and optimizations.
EMUI 22.214.171.1246 brings new optimizations for display, which resolves uncertain behavior and improves the phone screen’s efficiency. Huawei is also improving Huawei Nova 9’s network quality in certain situations, resolving son known issues to provide an uninterrupted user experience.
Also, Huawei is removing the pre-installed Link Now app, which the company has discontinued last year. Link Now was an online collaboration platform with services such as instant messaging, video conferencing, and online learning. You can choose different services on different occasions for better productivity at your work and study.
Lastly, Huawei is installing fresh system stability improvements for better smartphone performance. Notably, the EMUI 126.96.36.1996 software update for Huawei Nova 9 comes with a 1.85 GB package size. This is big enough and surely brings changes to the system’s performance.
You should know that this upgrade is rolling out in batches and we suggest you get the OTA as soon as it arrives on the notifications panel.
Amid this release, Huawei Nova 9 users are also concerned about the EMUI 13 upgrade. This is quite a reasonable question and Huawei Nova 9 is a worthy phone to receive the next generation of EMUI software.
Speaking of which, the company is currently testing EMUI 13 on top flagships – P50 series, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 smartphones. However, the availability is limited to a few markets/regions. We hope that Huawei Nova 9 will soon get a slot to test the new EMUI version.
Huawei Nova 9:
This phone packs a 6.57-inch screen, 1.07 billion colors, an OLED panel, and up to 120Hz of refresh rate. It is powered by Snapdragon 778G chip and equips a 50MP quad rear camera system.
Thanks to the tipster, Marco for this amazing tip
Huawei Nova Y70 gets March 2023 EMUI update
Huawei Nova Y70 is getting a March 2023 software update in the global market that comes with EMUI version 188.8.131.52 and the patch is out with 244 megabytes of OTA package size.
Huawei Nova Y70 is running EMUI 12 software update and the company is working on the next major software upgrade for the smartphone. However, there’s no confirmation available about the EMUI 13 beta for this device.
Huawei is sending this upgrade of the smartphone gradually and it improves the phone’s security against threats.
Users of Huawei Nova Y70 can download the March 2023 software update with the OTA notifications. However, you can switch to the manual method to download the update immediately, in just a few simple steps:
- Go to the Settings menu
- Select System & Updates
- Tap on the Software Updates option
- Click on CHECK FOR UPDATES
- Let the device search for the new updates
- Tap the Download and Install