Huawei has started unfolding new EMUI-based firmware updates with the onset of May 2022. Apart from the major updates, the company is also sending off the latest security patches to mend the internal defects. For this moment, the April 2022 security update is taking place on the surface.
In the long run of new software updates, the April 2022 security patch has been a standard solution for bugs and issues. It came up to the market with the capability of resolving 19 major defects as well as 9 middle-sized vulnerabilities of the devices.
Not only improvement and fixes but the security update served as an aid for the core mechanism of the handsets. It made the inner structure of the device more firm and reliable. Thus, users find a more responsive and coherent system after the update.
At present, it seems like the Chinese manufacturer has started initiating the May update. Though, the company has not released any security patch entitled “May 2022” up to this point. But, the recently appeared May optimizations patch hints that we might grab the fresh security patch soon.
As usual, Huawei EMUI users will obtain the new firmware updates either via OTA or by searching it manually on the device. To make it easier, we are here with this article that will showcase the report of daily new updates for EMUI gadgets.
Huawei EMUI May 2022 Updates:
May 31, 2022
- Huawei Mate Xs is grabbing May 2020 security patch that comes with EMUI 12 software upgrade.
May 30, 2022
- Huawei P40 Lite is receiving April 2022 security patch in more markets. Read more about this update here.
- 4 years old Huawei P20 Lite is getting a new software update with January 2022 security patch. The company is sending this patch to improve the security aspect of this device.
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design is receiving EMUI 12 major software update.
May 28, 2022
- Huawei Enjoy 20 SE is getting EMUI 10.1.1.172 software update that comes with April 2022 EMUI security patch and you can download it via the system settings.
May 27, 2022
- April 2022 security update is rolling out for Huawei P30 Lite smartphone, while the company is testing EMUI 12 beta for this smartphone.
May 24, 2022
- Huawei P30 Pro May 2022 security update is rolling in Europe. Earlier the update initially started for some of the devices.
- Huawei P40 Pro with EMUI 12 started receiving May 2022 security patch in the global market.
May 19, 2022
- Huawei P30 Pro smartphone is getting May 2022 security update that comes with new patches to fix system security issues and brings your P30 Pro a better user experience.
May 18, 2022
- Huawei Nova 7i consumers are receiving an April 2022 security update with EMUI version 126.96.36.199 and an update package size of 255 megabytes.
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro became the first Huawei smartphone to get May 2022 security update running EMUI 12 software system. This update is currently in the initial stage of rollout.
- Huawei Nova 7 5G smartphone users are getting a new software update with April 2022 EMUI security patch and consumers can get this update with firmware version 188.8.131.52 and package size of 233 megabytes.
- Huawei Nova 9 consumers can download February 2022 update in the global market.
May 17, 2022
- Huawei P30 Pro is receiving the EMUI 12 Ringtone patch in more markets, this update is rolling out in batches that come with fixes for the calling ringtone issue.
- April 2022 update is rolling out for the Huawei Y7a smartphone with EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.1.246 in the global market.
- Huawei P30 Lite users globally getting a new software update that installs April 2022 EMUI security patch for improved system security.
May 12, 2022
- Huawei Nova 8i smartphone has begun collecting the April 2022 security update running on EMUI 11 software version. Read more
May 12, 2022
- Huawei Nova 7 5G smartphone owners began collecting the April 2022 software update in the global market. Read more
May 10, 2022
- The March 2022 update for the Huawei Nova 7i smartphone running on EMUI 12 boosted system security by fixing vulnerabilities found in the latest software system. Read more
May 09, 2022
- Huawei has just released an April 2022 software update for the flagship Huawei P50 Pro smartphone running EMUI 12 version. Read more
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable smartphone running on EMUI 12 has begun collecting the April 2022 firmware update in the global market. Read more
- Honor Play 4T has started receiving the April 2022 security patch, which mainly boosted the system security and stability of the smartphone. Read more
- Huawei is sending the April 2022 update for Honor Play 3 smartphone, which mainly installs the security improvements. Read more
May 06, 2022
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro April 2022 update is expanding with EMUI 12 version number 184.108.40.206 and weighs around 300MB. Read more
May 04, 2022
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro has started receiving a new firmware update that brings April 2022 security patch that enhances system security. Read more
May 03, 2022
- Huawei is now expanding the reach of its firmware update to Huawei Mate 20 X models, which includes the patch for the Ringtone issue. Read more
May 02, 2022
- The flip-style smartphone Huawei P50 Pocket is grabbing the latest March 2022 security update on the board of the EMUI 12 system.
- Huawei is expanding the EMUI 12 update for Huawei P30 Pro users in Mexico. The update appears with a bunch of new additions and improvements.
- Huawei P40 Pro obtains EMUI 12 May 2022 system optimizations patch. As the name reveals, the patch fixes the minor bugs and issues of the device.
EMUI 12 Rollout Schedule for Russia and Central Asia
Since January 2022, Huawei has started the rollout of stable EMUI 12 software updates in the global market. EMUI 12 comes with a brand new user interface, which is much better than EMUI 11. It also comes with new features and improvements to provide a next-level experience somehow similar to HarmonyOS.
Global Huawei consumers seem excited to install the latest EMUI 12 software system. The major Huawei, device market includes Europe, the Middle East, Russia, and more. Speaking about Russian Market has also a prominent smartphone with a large number of shipped units.
So, Huawei users are you belong to Russia and Central Asia? Yes! do you know about your device’s EMUI 12 rollout status and related information? Early this month, Huawei released an EMUI 12 rollout schedule for eligible devices worldwide.
The official schedule also contains information about EMUI 12 rollout for the Huawei devices available in Russia along with their current status. You can check the full roadmap below.
Updated on June 27, 2022:
EMUI 12 rollout schedule for Russia and Central Asia
- Huawei P40 Pro+: Completed (End of February 2022)
- Huawei Mate Xs: Completed (End of February 2022)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro: Completed (End of February 2022)
- Huawei P40 Pro: Completed (Middle of February 2022)
- Huawei P40: Completed (End of February 2022)
- Huawei P40 Lite: Completed (Early March 2022)
- Huawei Mate 20: Completed ( Middle of May 2022)
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro: Completed (Early April 2022)
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design: Completed (Middle of April 2022)
- Huawei Nova 5T: Completed (Middle of April 2022)
- Huawei P30: Pushing in batches (End of March 2022)
- Huawei P30 Pro: Pushing in batches (End of March 2022)
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei Enjoy 20 SE (EMUI 10) getting May 2022 security update
Launched in 2021, Huawei Enjoy 20 SE smartphone users have started collecting the May 2022 security update. The update installs the latest improvements for system security and stability to enhance the device’s functionality.
It has been a long time since the corresponding device users grabbed the improvement patch. Consequently, the previous version came with April 2022 security patch with several fixes for critical, high, and medium levels of CVEs for the device.
Similarly, the latest May 2022 security update for Huawei Enjoy 20 SE brings new fixes related to the audio functions, voice ID application, and other focal points of the system. Users can identify the update with the build number EMUI 10.1.1.173.
The update is appearing through the OTA medium and will hit the device in some days. In the meantime, users must ensure to keep checking the update section and also the My Huawei app that ultimately allows requesting the newest firmware version.
However, before moving on to the update procedure, users must understand the following instructions:
- The new update may have a huge package size, thus, users must use a stable Wi-Fi connection to download the software.
- Users must have the base EMUI version 10.1.1.172 for installing the latest update.
- Aside, users must verify the storage space beforehand, so that the software can fit in the phone easily.
- The smartphone must have a battery level of 45 percent for a fruitful installation procedure.
- Though the update would not harm any data, we suggest taking a backup of the device.
How to check for updates?
Just go to the Settings app of the phone menu. Further, swipe down and select System & Updates > Software Updates. Next, tap on the Check For Updates, and follow the on-screen norms. As you see a suitable update on the screen, select the Download & Install tab.
- This update improves system security with security patches
- May 2022 security patches have been integrated for better system security.
- Adapting model: Huawei Enjoy 20 SE PPA-AL20
Huawei Mate Xs EMUI 220.127.116.11 update is necessary to install
Huawei has started to rollout an EMUI 18.104.22.168 software update for the global version of Mate Xs 2 foldable phone, the phone users can get this update necessary rot improve the system security and improve the phone’s overall performance.
EMUI 22.214.171.124 software package has a size of 270MB and the update is currently expanding among consumers gradually. To be mentioned, the update has security patches released this month to fix the latest issues in EMUI firmware.
A few months ago, Huawei launched Mate Xs 2 foldable phone for consumers. The phone is available to purchase also in the global market, which is a matter of surprise.
While its Chinese version HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system, the global variant has EMUI 12 pre-installed, which is almost similar to the Chinese counterpart in terms of looks and feel.
Unlike the first generation Mate Xs, the Mate Xs 2 is equipped with a new processor Snapdragon 888 4G, featuring octa-core architecture – Octa-core, 1 x Cortex-X1 at 2.84 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A78 at 2.42 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 at 1.8 GHz. The phone also brings better graphics performance provided by Adreno 660 GPU.
Similar to the Mate Xs 2 and Huawei P50 Pro, the Chinese tech giant has kept Huawei Mate Xs 2’s camera department filed with new hardware capabilities. It features a 50MP triple rear camera system. While there’s a wide-angle camera ready to take your selfies up from the front.
Huawei Mate Xs EMUI 126.96.36.199 update is currently rolling in batches and you can download this firmware via Settings > System & updates and then tap on Software updates. From here you can follow the on-screen instructions to get the software update onboard.
However, before you move on to download this update, make sure you get the update instructions and understand them easily. We suggest you to get a backup of your important files to prevent unwanted deletion and then make sure you’ve sufficient battery backup to keep your phone up and running, while the update installs.
(source – huaweiblog)