Huawei’s HarmonyOS software system is currently limited to the Chinese market and the global launch is still awaited. On the home ground, the least possible Huawei device is upgraded over HarmonyOS 2.0 software version.
Now, the HarmonyOS 3.0 vibes have started circulating through online platforms and it is expected to arrive in September this year. Yes! every HarmonyOS device users want to know the new HM OS 3.0 features and what’s new the company added to it.
Currently, there is no information available related to its features. Previously, it was reported that there are not many changes will be made to the UI, but performance will be enhanced alongside other improvements.
Editor’s suggestion: Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 and OpenHarmony 3.1 ready to launch in September
On the other side, Huawei has released the April 2022 security patch details for HarmonyOS devices to improve system security and privacy. In detail, it carries fixes for 49 CVEs found in the latest HarmonyOS system.
Among them 1 CVE is from Kernel, 1 CVE from the system, 1 CVE from the framework, 7 CVEs from the application as well as 39 CVEs from third-party libraries for better system privacy.
As of now, the rollout of the April 2022 HarmonyOS security update has not started. But, it will soon be dispatched with upcoming software updates. On the flip side, Huawei will release a bunch of software updates in a single month.
So, this article is going to be very useful for you as it included all types of updates rollout for the Huawei HarmonyOS device in April 2022. You can check the update details below.
Huawei HarmonyOS April 2022 Updates:
April 30, 2022:
- Standard Huawei P50 smartphone is receiving April 2022 firmware update that brings various new features and improvements. Read more
- Huawei is sending the latest April 2022 HarmonyOS software update for P40 series smartphones. Read more
April 29, 2022:
- Huawei has pushed off March 2022 update for Huawei MatePad 10.4 running on HarmonyOS 2.0 system in the global market. Read more
April 28, 2022:
- Huawei is sending the March 2022 HarmonyOS software update for a bunch of Honor devices, which added new devices support for the Super Device feature, adds Senior mode for easier settings management, and more.
April 27, 2022:
- Huawei has pushed off March 2022 HarmonyOS update for Huawei Mate 20 X 5G smartphone. Read more
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 tablet users in receiving March 2022 HarmonyOS software update. Read more
- Huawei MatePad 11 has begun collecting the latest April 2022 HarmonyOS software update that comes with version 22.214.171.124. Read more
April 26, 2022:
- Huawei P20 smartphone running on HarmonyOS 2.0 system is receiving March 2022 software update. Read more
- Huawei Mate 10 series is receiving the March 2022 HarmonyOS software update in China. Read more
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design has started receiving the March 2022 HarmonyOS software update. Read more
April 23, 2022:
- Huawei April 2022 software update reached to flagship – Huawei Mate 40 smartphone powered by HarmonyOS 2.0. Read more
- Huawei Mate 40E smartphone getting new system optimizations with the latest HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 update. Read more
April 21, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Vitality Edition has started receiving the latest HarmonyOS software update that comes with the HarmonyOS version 188.8.131.52. Read more
April 20, 2022:
- Huawei has dispatched the latest HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 version update for the Honor X10 smartphone. Read more
April 19, 2022:
- Huawei P50E smartphone’s first update comes with HarmonyOS build number 220.127.116.11 (SP1C00E130R2P3). Read more
- Huawei is sending a new improvements update for Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus smartphone with HarmonyOS version 18.104.22.168. Read more
April 18, 2022:
- Huawei has dispatched the March 2022 HarmonyOS software update for Honor 20 series smartphone users. Read more
- Huawei has finally started to roll out the latest April 2022 HarmonyOS security update and the first device to install this patch is the flagship – P50 Pro. Read more
April 14, 2022:
- Huawei Enjoy 10S getting March 2022 security patch [HM OS]. Read more
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro receiving new features with HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124. Read more
- Huawei Nova 5z receiving HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 software update. Read more
April 13, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 8 SE 4G grabbing HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 software update. Read more
- Huawei Nova 5 and 5 Pro obtained March 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
April 12, 2022:
- March 2022 update released for Honor 30 Pro and 30 Pro Plus (HarmonyOS). Read more
- Honor Play 4T and 4T Pro installed March 2022 firmware update. Read more
April 6, 2022:
- Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6 gets March 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
April 10, 2022:
- March 2022 HarmonyOS update released for Huawei Enjoy 20 5G. Read more
April 5, 2022:
- Huawei MatePad Paper gets new optimizations with HM OS 184.108.40.206. Read more
April 4, 2022:
- Huawei Mate Xs gets March 2022 HarmonyOS security update. Read more
April 2, 2022:
- Honor 9X series receiving February 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
April 1, 2022:
- Honor 20S gets March 2022 HarmonyOS security. Read more
- Honor 30 obtained March 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
- March 2022 HarmonyOS security releases for Honor 30S. Read more
- Honor Play 3 began collecting March 2022 patch. Read more
- Huawei Mate 20 series March 2022 HarmonyOS firmware out. Read more
- Huawei P30 devices are receiving March 2022 HarmonyOS update. Read more
- March 2022 HarmonyOS features rolling out for the Huawei Nova 8 SE models. Read more
- Huawei Enjoy 9e grabs EMUI 220.127.116.119 software improvements. Read more
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G getting new features with HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168. Read more
New Widgets feature coming with HarmonyOS 3.0
HarmonyOS 3.0 is the next version of the HarmonyOS operating system that will drive more features into Huawei devices. Speaking of which, there’s news that HarmonyOS 3.0 OS will come with a new and improved widgets system and customization feature.
According to a new leak coming from a Weibo tipster, Huawei will focus further on the privacy and protection of the user’s data. On the other hand, HarmonyOS 3.0 will improve the widgets feature along with bringing new customizations.
A screenshot from the tipster shows a widget that will help you manage all of your essential permissions right from your home screen. On the other hand, it’ll also keep you updated with the number of each type of permission that you have granted so far including camera, microphone, location, internal storage, and more.
Widgets are an essential part of the HarmonyOS operating system and were introduced first in HarmonyOS 2.0. This feature is based on atomic services and shows you information right on your home screen coming from the system or from any installed mobile application that supports widgets features.
The simplicity of widgets allows you to create a shortcut to an application including a set of ‘key’ features, which enables direct interaction with that corresponding app without opening the app entirely.
The navigation is clear and easy to use, as you can select the size of each supported widget individually. This feature makes it lightweight and productive on the HarmonyOS device’s home screen.
A recent report reveals that the company is working on new improvements for the status bar of HarmonyOS 3.0. According to the report, there is some shuffling made between the icons that include the position of each icon that now sits on either the left or right of the display.
Talking further on this matter, these improvements are being made to utilize the overall workflow and combine them for maximum productivity while interacting with HarmonyOS 3.0.
HarmonyOS 3.0 is underway in developer beta testing and Huawei is working to arrange wide public beta testing as the launch nears potentially this month. We’ll keep you posted with further updates, stay tuned.
June 2022 HarmonyOS update for Huawei Mate Xs and Mate X out [CN]
Huawei has begun rolling out the latest June 2022 security update for the first generation Huawei Mate Xs and Mate X foldable smartphones. The firmware keenly works on improving the overall performance and increasing the stability of the device.
A few days ago, Huawei has pushed off the June 2022 security update for Mate Xs global consumers. Now the company is giving a chance to the respective device consumers residing in the home market to install an updated security patch.
As per the information, the new HarmonyOS firmware is approaching the users with version 22.214.171.124. Hence, the Mate Xs and Mate X users must have the base version 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 respectively.
Apart from the presence of the new security patch, the changelog doesn’t highlight any specific additions to the system. However, users will find better improvements to the fingerprint module, video framework, and other kernel fixes in this update.
Moreover, the firmware fixes third-party library vulnerabilities that usually result in lagging of the device. Hence, to ensure a smooth and responsive system, the corresponding smartphone owners must download the new patch.
To know more about the patch: Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 June 2022 security patch details
How to update?
The update is hovering in the region in batches, and will shortly arrive on the smartphones. In the meantime, users can check into the update sections and My Huawei application, to download the software manually.
Download the update through Settings:
- Go to the Settings
- Tap on System & Updates
- Select the Software Updates
- Choose the Check for Updates option
- Hit the Download & Install button for the available update
Download the update through My Huawei App:
- Open the My Huawei App
- Visit the Updates tab
- Click on the Install option
Before you upgrade, make sure that you must have ample storage space and battery in your device. Besides, we suggest you take a backup of the essential files beforehand.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei Mate 30 series receiving HarmonyOS 184.108.40.2063 update
Huawei is rolling out a new HarmonyOS software update for the Mate 30 series which includes the classic Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, Mate 30 RS Porsche Design, and Mate 30E Pro 5G smartphones. This new update showcases the build version as 220.127.116.113 and carries a software package of 534 Megabytes.
Unlike other updates, the Huawei Mate 30 series HarmonyOS update does not integrate any new patch to its surface. However, there are some significant changes that you will notice after installing the latest firmware on the respective smartphones.
As the changelog reads, the new update mainly targets the stability and the security of the system. It enhances the internal protection of the device against minor bugs and exploits. Besides, it brings new improvements to the stability of the system, making it more firm and responsive to the user.
HarmonyOS Update Changelog:
- Security: Enhances system protection
- System: Improves system stability in certain situations
Currently, the update is expanding gradually among the corresponding device users. Hence, there might be some delay to cover all the eligible units. However, users can lean on manual methods to update their devices instantly, which is described, below.
A few days ago, Huawei has released the June 2022 security patch for the Mate 30 Pro smartphones running on EMUI 12 interface. With fixes to several high and medium levels of vulnerabilities, the June 2022 patch provides better functioning to the device.
Apart from the new updates, Huawei will soon unveil some new software such as HarmonyOS 3.0 and EMUI 13 in the market. Hence, the respective handset owners are looking forward to tasting a new experience in the future.
Moving back to the latest HarmonyOS update, you can check the adapting models for the new firmware, below.
Mate 30 (4G) TAS-AL00
Mate 30 (4G) TAS-TL00
Mate 30 (5G) TAS-AN00
Mate 30 Pro (4G) LIO-AL00
Mate 30 Pro (4G ) ) LIO-TL00
Mate 30 Pro (5G) LIO-AN00
Mate 30 RS Porsche Design LIO-AN00P
Mate 30EPro 5G LIO-AN00m
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter