This month at Huawei Developer Conference 2020, Huawei will launch the much-awaited EMUI 11, update for HarmonyOS, and new kits for HMS Core 5.0. Alongside the software, Huawei will also unveil new laptops and wearable products including the Huawei FreeBuds Pro, Watch GT 2 Pro, and Watch Fit.
As usual, Huawei is rolling out security patches, system improvements, new features, fixes, and OS upgrades for Huawei and Honor smartphones.
There are a lot of updates pushed in a single month and here you can get the latest insights of all of the software updates regarding EMUI, Magic UI, and Wearables in a single archive for September 2020.
Below you can check September 2020 feature/security updates archive:
- September 1, 2020: Huawei Nova 3i receiving August EMUI security update
- September 1, 2020: Honor 8A receiving system stability improvements with a new software update
- September 1, 2020: Camera, calling fix and new smart features rolling out for Huawei Mate 20 lite
- September 3, 2020: Honor 20 and View20 on Magic UI 3.1 receiving new security update
- September 3, 2020: Honor 9X Pro receiving August security, EMUI 10.1 yet to come
- September 5, 2020: Honor 20 Lite receiving back to back software update including May+July+August EMUI security patches
- September 5, 2020: [Update: August Security] Huawei P Smart 2019 EMUI software updates (September 5, 2020)
- September 5, 2020: [Update: August Security] Honor Play software updates (September 5, 2020)
- September 13, 2020: Optimization for latency engine, Petal Search, August security rolling for Huawei Mate 30 Pro on EMUI 10.1
- September 15, 2020: Huawei P30 Lite users in UK receiving August 2020 EMUI security update
- September 17, 2020: Honor 9A getting August 2020 Magic UI security update
- September 18, 2020: Huawei P40 Lite receiving Petal Search and August EMUI security update
- September 21, 2020: (Update: Expanding) Optimization for latency engine, Petal Search, August security rolling for Huawei Mate 30 Pro on EMUI 10.1
- September 25, 2020: Huawei P20 and Mate 10 series on EMUI 10 receiving new update with system improvements
- September 28, 2020: Huawei P30 and P30 Pro receiving September security update, EMUI 11 testing may take some time
- September 29, 2020: Global units of Huawei Mate Xs receiving August 2020 security update
- September 30, 2020: August 2020 EMUI security update rolling out for Huawei P20 Lite
EMUI 10.1 updates:
- Will be added.
EMUI 11 Updates:
- September 10, 2020: Breaking: EMUI 11 Beta rollout begins for Huawei P40 series, brings smart AOD and a lot more features
- September 10, 2020: EMUI 11 beta released for Huawei Mate 30 and MatePad Pro series
- September 22, 2020: Huawei Nova 7 and Nova 7 Pro grabs first EMUI 11 beta
- September 22, 2020: EMUI 11 beta rolling out for Huawei Nova 6 and Nova 6 5G
- September 22, 2020: Magic UI 4 beta (EMUI 11) rolling out for Honor 30 series
- September 22, 2020: Honor V30 and V30 Pro receiving Magic UI 4 beta (EMUI 11)
- September 28, 2020: Second EMUI 11 beta rolling out for Huawei P40 and Mate 30 series, brings system improvements and optimizations
- September 28, 2020: Huawei MatePad Pro series getting second EMUI 11 beta with gesture navigation, optimizations and more
- September 29, 2020: EMUI 11 Beta UK: Recruitment begins for Huawei P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+ and Mate 30 Pro
- September 29, 2020: EMUI 11 beta enrollment begins for Huawei Mate Xs and MatePad 10.8
- September 3, 2020: [Update: Optimizes Users Experience] Honor Band 5 Updates (September 3, 2020)
- September 15, 2020: Huawei Watch Fit receiving first software update with new fitness course and watch face
- September 15, 2020: September update for Huawei Watch GT 2 bring new settings features, fixes issues, and improves system stability
- September 17, 2020: September 2020 update for Honor MagicWatch 2 brings new features and optimizations
- September 21, 2020: (Update: Power Consumption Optimization) Huawei FreeBuds 3 software updates (September 21, 2020)
- September 24, 2020: Improvement for wear detection and device compatibility for Huawei FreeBuds 3i rolling with new software update
- September 28, 2020: [Update: Optimizes Users Experience] Honor Band 5 Software Updates (September 28, 2020)
Note: The article will be updated.
Huawei P40 Lite (EMUI 12) gets June 2022 patch in Europe
Last week, Huawei began sending the June 2022 security patch for Huawei P40 Lite smartphone users. Now, the company is releasing the same patch for the corresponding device owners with a new EMUI update in Europe.
According to the information, the June 2022 security patch for the Huawei P40 Lite smartphone is rolling out with EMUI 12 version 220.127.116.11 (C432E5R6P2). Besides, it brings a mini update package that weighs a size of 270 Megabytes.
Flashing more light on this update, the latest firmware does not bring any new changes to the system, apart from the security patch. However, it includes fixes to the different levels of exploits and issues. Moreover, you will find some new enhancements and improvements after installing this new update.
Huawei P40 Lite users! Have you installed EMUI 12?
Though Huawei P40 Lite has been one of the first phones to receive the EMUI 12 upgrade, many users are still relying on the previous EMUI versions. Although users must know that the Chinese manufacturer has implemented some of the best features in the latest EMUI 12 interface, that never came to the device surface before.
The dynamic control panel, customizable notification center, exclusive animations, and whatnot. Besides, you will also find efficiency in the performance of the device and improvement in the system security.
The EMUI 12 features list doesn’t end here, and there is much to explore in this new system. Hence, we recommend users upgrade their device to the latest EMUI software to enjoy new benefits and experiences.
Huawei P40 Lite
The mid-ranger smartphone equips a Kirin 810 processor, paired with 6GB/128GB of internal memory. Aside, it exhibits a 6.4-inch FHD+ panel that offers a resolution of 2310 x 1080 pixels.
It features a quad-camera setup at the rear end that comprises a 48MP main lens, an 8MP ultra-wide snapper, and a couple of macro and bokeh lenses. Next, it gives space to the 16MP mini selfie cam on the front side.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Wow, EMUI 12 began to rollout for Huawei Mate 10 series
Wow, Huawei Mate 10 series users can now install EMUI 12 under the stable channel, this news has brought in the joy that the Mate 10 model owners have been waiting for. That’s not it, the rollout also brings us the possibility of a stable rollout for the Huawei P20 series, which had also been in beta testing for over a month.
EMUI 12 for Huawei Mate 10 series come with EMUI 12 version 18.104.22.168 upgrading directly from EMUI 10.0.189. This is a major development to witness, as the phone skips an entire EMUI version to get the latest features on board.
Before you jump on the settings to download this update, there are a few things that you should do. The update is available only for a limited number of users and it’ll expand gradually among consumers of the corresponding devices.
You can download the latest EMUI 12 software update by visiting Settings > from here tap on System & updates > from here tap on Software updates and follow the on-screen instructions to check for the latest firmware version. You can also check for the latest available version via the My Huawei app, which you need to direct towards – The software update section to request the latest software for your Huawei Mate 10 series.
The EMUI 12 update for the Huawei Mate 10 series comes with a variety of smart features and a must-to-mention user interface that is derived from the HarmonyOS 2.0 operating system. There are other useful additions to the system, which you can learn about in detail via the changelog linked below.
EMUI 12 Changelog:
This update introduces EMUI 12, which provides an intuitive interface and a cross-device panel in the control panel for smarter collaboration.
[ Font ]
- It supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
[ Neuromorphic Theme ] Neuromorphism
applies the concept to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
[ Smart Folders ]
It supports pressing and holding to enlarge the application folders on the home screen and make it easier to access the applications inside.
[ Notification Panel and Control Panel ]
It allows you to swipe down from the top left corner of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts.
Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and applications. Allows you to quickly enable cross-screen collaboration by tapping icons for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device+” section of the control panel
Smart Living in all scenarios
[ Cross-Device File Management ]
It supports accessing documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting two devices with a data cable.
[ MeeTime ]
Adds the MeeTime app that lets you make HD audio and video calls over WiFi or data network.
It adds screen sharing support during video calls, allowing you to tag and share important information in video chats.
Note: MeeTime is only available in certain countries and regions: https://consumer .huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00956296/
[ Collaborative Security ]
Adds a joint authentication function between mobile phones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on the Huawei laptop when the phone and laptop are cross-connected.
(via – Huaweiportal)
Huawei Nova 9 May 2022 EMUI Update improves system apps
Huawei Nova 9 is receiving May 2022 EMUI security update in Middle Asia. This update comes along with new improvements to the user experience regarding the system applications. On the other hand, it brings the May 2022 security patch that solely works on enhancing the system security.
May 2022 update for Huawei Nova 9 approaches the users with EMUI 22.214.171.124 build. Alongside, it serves a software package that weighs 425MB. We suggest users opt for a standard Wi-Fi connection over a regular data pack to upgrade their device.
The Chinese manufacturer introduced the Nova 9 series, last year in September with HarmonyOS 2.0 packed for the native region, and EMUI 12 pre-installed for the global smartphone users.
While the Chinese version of the respective device has begun collecting an optimization update, the global variant with EMUI 12 is receiving a fresh security patch and some new amendments to system apps for uplifting the user experience.
For updating the device to the new firmware, go to the Settings > System & Updates > Software Updates. Further, follow the on-screen prompts and hit the Download & Install tab to the available update.
Consequently, you can also request the My Huawei App, to fetch the latest updates. Just open the app, and visit the Updates section.
Huawei Nova 10: A new series to join the Nova lineup!
Apart from the primary function of releasing new updates for the device, Huawei is putting its efforts to unveil the supersonic Nova 10 series on the consumer platform. As per the previous reports, the company will launch the device on the 4th of July with several other hardware products.
- This update improves the user experience in some ways.
- Apps: Improved user experience with some applications.
- Incorporates the latest May 2022 security patch to enhance system protection.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter