Huawei just released a new smartwatch model of the Huawei Watch GT 2 family, Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro, that’ll soon be available for the global consumers. In the meantime, exiting users of Huawei Watch GT 2 begin to receive new software that brings some new features, optimization, and fixes in the settings.
The September 2020 update for Huawei Watch GT 2 introduces a new feature for setting, provides more workout data for elliptical and power workouts. This update also adds support for new languages, fixes some issues, and improves system stability for better performance.
Update information linked below:
Huawei Watch GT 2 September Update Changelog:
- Introduce a new feature for setting and quickly accessing your favorite features.
- Provides more professional workout data for Elliptical and Power workouts.
- Adds supports for Lithuanian, Latvian, and Estonian.
- Optimizations: Improves system stability.
- Optimizations: Fixes some known issues.
The September 2020 software update for Huawei Watch GT 2 comes with firmware version 188.8.131.52 and an update package size of 20.69MB.
Note: The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach out to your wearables.
A few things to know before the update:
- The update progress in the app is just for transferring the update package, it still needs to be installed on the watch for the update to complete.
- The watch needs to have at least 20% battery to update.
How to update Huawei Watch GT 2:
Connect the watch to your phone using the Huawei Health app, open the app, touch Devices, touch the device name, choose Firmware update, then follow the onscreen instructions to update your watch if there are any new updates.
Thanks to the tipster – Jenojen