September 21, 2020: Bluetooth stability, playback quality, and more improvements
A new software version is rolling out with firmware version 18.104.22.1688 brings improvements for Bluetooth stability, optimizations for the system, and playback quality. details linked below.
Meanwhile, the saftware version for some other users comes with with new optimizations to reduce power consumption during calls.
Thanks to the tipsters – Buns and Huaweiailesi
August 10, 2020: August update with improvements for playback quality and wear detection
Now, Huawei FreeBuds 3 users receiving the latest update with improvements for Bluetooth stability, optimizations for the system, and playback quality. details linked below.
- Improves Bluetooth connection stability.
- Optimizes system compatibility.
- Improves earphone playback quality and increases wear detection responsiveness.
Huawei FreeBuds 3 in the UK comes with version 22.214.171.1246.
Note: This update is rolling out in batches, so it may take some time/days to reach your FreeBuds 3
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
HOW TO UPDATE FREEBUDS 3:
- Open the AI Life app.
- Make sure the earphones have been connected to your phone and earphones are placed inside the charging case, leave the charging case open, then select the corresponding card for your earphones to access the device home screen.
- Touch Check for updates.
- If an update is available, touch UPDATE.
- Wait until the update is complete.
- After the update is complete, close the charging case and wait for 10 minutes for the case to be automatically updated.
- Please ensure that the battery levels of both the earbuds and the charging case are higher than 30% before updating.
- Put both earbuds into the charging case, keep the case open and press and hold the button on the charging case for more than 10 seconds until the inner indicator light flashes red. Then pair the earbuds with your phone again before charging and updating.
- Before updating, please put both earbuds into the charging case and keep the case open until the update is complete.
Thanks to the tipster – Richard.