Huawei P40 Series EMUI 12 Tracker: Beta, Stable and Rollouts
Huawei has started testing EMUI 12 on Huawei P40 series devices, the latest software update comes with a bunch of new features. This Huawei P40 series EMUI 12 tracker will keep you posted on the latest software update rollouts, bugs, beta, and stable software releases in one place.
Huawei P40 series Updates:
Huawei P40 series was launched EMUI 10.1 software version. This new version of EMUI comes with lots of smart features that were later upgraded with EMUI 11. Both of these EMUI Softwares are based on Android.
Huawei P40 series packs with powerful hardware and combined with the latest software prowess that won’t let you down in difficult conditions.
The installation of EMUI 12 on the Huawei P40 series is a brand new user experience. Consumers will be able to experience the latest user interface with smooth animations and transition, as well as smart features such as Device+, and don’t forget the use of the Control Panel.
This major update will surely improve the overall device experience and a lot of the users will gonna like it.
On the other hand, we want to mention that EMUI 12 rollout will initiate only for the global consumers because Huawei has rolled out HarmonyOS for the Chinese models.
- On November 8, 2021, Huawei began to sign up P40 series users for beta (Rollout yet to start)
- On November 22, 2021, Huawei began to roll out the first EMUI 12 beta software for the Huawei P40 series that comes with EMUI build version 22.214.171.124.
- On January 9, 2022, Huawei has started to rollout stable EMUI 12 update for Huawei P40 series devices.
February 12, 2022:
- Huawei P40 series stable EMUI 12 reaching to more users in Turkey. Read more
January 22, 2022:
- Huawei P40 series users are getting EMUI 12 stable rollout in the UK. Read more
January 21, 2022:
- the Huawei P40 series smartphone users have begun receiving the stable EMUI 12 update with version 126.96.36.199 in Serbia. Read more
January 20, 2022:
- Huawei has started expanding EMUI 12 stable update rollout for Huawei P40 and P40 Pro users in Turkey. Read more
January 9, 2022:
- Breaking: stable EMUI 12 update rollout begins for the Huawei P40 series that comes with EMUI version 188.8.131.52. Read more
November 22, 2021:
- Huawei begins to send the first EMUI 12 beta software to Huawei P40, P40 Pro and P40 Pro+ devices in the global market. Read more about this here.
November 9, 2021:
- Huawei EMUI 12 beta registration has now been initiated and users can jump on the BETA app to register their own interest. Currently, the Beta progress has been noted only in Russia and East Asia. Read more.
November 11, 2021:
- Huawei open EMUI 12 beta registration in Europe for the Huawei P40 series, Mate 40 Pro, and Mate 30 Pro devices, this is pretty fast as most of the major countries have got access to EMUI 12 beta project. Read more.
Huawei is yet to share EMUI 13 roadmap
EMUI 13 beta kicked off for global users and it’s quite exciting but the roadmap of eligible Huawei devices is still awaited. While there’s no official news available on this matter.
In 2021, Huawei released EMUI 12 roadmap during the Asia pacific launch event but this year, there are no such plans revealed. Instead of the roadmap, Huawei opened the EMUI 13 beta for all Huawei P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phones.
Unfortunately, the program is open for the Asia region but more users want to join the beta activity. Especially the European models are waiting for term to dive into the testing pool.
Despite the delay, we hope that the oldest set of devices may also get a slot into this EMUI 13 release program.
In the meantime, if you have a flagship phone, tune into the Beta app. From here open the “Me” section and then search for a new EMUI 13 beta project.
You need to sign up for the beta application and wait for the submission. Once submitted, you will be notified to download the OTA update package.
If the activity is not available on your phone, don’t worry, you will see the project after the beta opens in your country. Yet, we also suggest you keep an eye on the Beta application.
EMUI 13 Features:
EMUI 13 focuses on reinventing EMUI 12, this includes better security and privacy. This new software can review all of the data safety measures thanks to the new privacy center.
It has new options to allow or revoke permission, check the timeline for all of the user permission, and so on. You can also set new image privacy to hide the image meta information.
EMUI 13 also plays well around the user interface and there are many improvements made to features such as large folders and service widgets.
EMUI 184.108.40.206 rolling for Huawei Mate 50 Pro
Huawei is rolling out EMUI 220.127.116.11 for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro smartphone in the global market. This update is packed with lots of new features, optimizations, and improvements for this flagship phone.
According to the information, EMUI 18.104.22.168 for Huawei Mate 50 Pro comes with new network improvements for certain situations. It has improvements in camera quality.
There are also new optimizations made for the audio quality of calls and games. On the flip side, the app has its own improvements for a better user experience.
Furthermore, Huawei has arranged new system stability optimizations that provide a performance boost for your smartphone.
According to the inputs, this upgrade integrates February 2023 security patch for the phone.
This is a big changelog for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro and the company is sending this to improve the phone’s performance in various scenarios. Also, if you have a Mate 50 Pro device, we suggest you get this version right away as soon as it appears.
The Mate 50 Pro is the first phone among all of the Huawei smartphones to get EMUI 13 but actually, it comes pre-installed. Since its launch, old phone users are waiting for a new major upgrade.
Recently, Huawei opened the beta program for a few flagships – P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phone. You should know that the latest EMUI 13 beta activity has limited slots and it’s available only for a region.
This new Huawei Mate 50 Pro update was released last week for global consumers and rolling out in batches. If your Mate 50 Pro has not received this firmware, make sure you get it via System settings.
(source – Huaweiblog)
Huawei P40 Lite February 2023 EMUI update reaches Europe
Huawei P40 lite is getting a new software update in Europe, which brings the latest security patches released in the month of February 2023. However, the phone users are also waiting for EMUI 13 roadmap to confirm their eligibility for the next major software update.
Huaweiblog reports that Huawei P40 Lite users are getting the February 2023 security update in Europe with build version 22.214.171.1248 and the OTA package size of 254 megabytes.
This is a staged rollout, and all of the P40 Lite users will get it gradually. Below you can check the complete changelog of this software release.
List of Changes
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in February 2023 for improved system security.
For more information on the security of Huawei’s EMUI system updates, visit the Huawei official website.
Notes on the update:
- Your personal data will not be deleted by the update. However, we recommend that you back up important data before updating.
- Charge your phone sufficiently.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.