In September 2020, Huawei released its latest custom skin EMUI 11 with amazing features and improvements for its user interface and existing features. Just after the release, the company started registering its eligible devices for the EMUI 11 beta testing program.
Huawei Nova 5T was one of the company’s best-selling smartphones that initially debuted with EMUI software version 9.1. Later, it was upgraded to EMUI 10.0 and EMUI 10.1 respectively, and eligible for the above updates.
In this line, since December 2020, Huawei is testing EMUI 11 for Nova 5T devices in different markets including the UK and Europe. According to the EMUI 11 official roadmap, the stable build will be rollout in the first quarter of 2021.
As scheduled, the company released the stable EMUI 11 version for Nova 5T global variant. As of now, this major update is rolling out in the UK, But, it is also rapidly expanding in different markets and may take some time to reach your device. So, we advise Nova 5T users to keep patience, update will soon reach your respective device.
EMUI 11 offers many exciting features such as super notepad, rhythmic ringtones, AI subtitles, and amazing changes in the user interface like artistic AOD, new multiwindow mode, and more. [detailed changelog below]
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Stable EMUI 11 version:
- Huawei Nova 5T users on EMUI 10.1 starts receiving EMUI 11 version 126.96.36.199 (C431E3R1P4) with a package size of 1.78 GB.
CHECK FOR UPDATE:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your device
ALTERNATIVELY, VIA SUPPORT:
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your phone
New EMUI 11 Features:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.