Huawei Mate Xs is receiving a new software update in the global market that comes EMUI 220.127.116.11 update and brings an update package size of 1.3 gigabytes. The software update brings a number of new additions to the system that will improve the system performance of performance.
According to Huaweiblog, the Huawei Mate Xs EMUI 18.104.22.168 update brings new features in terms of calls and adds the VoLTE and VoWiFi HD voice features. The security part of the phone also is also improved with software rollout installing the September 2021 security patch.
The software update also installs new apps including additions for such as Books, Petal Maps, Game Center, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard. These apps can be downloaded by tapping on shortcuts.
(image source – Huaweiblog)
Huawei Mate Xs EMUI 22.214.171.124: Changelog:
- Adds the VoLTE and VoWiFi HD voice functionality currently available in certain countries and regions.
- Integrates security patches released in September 2021 for improved system security. For more information about the security of Huawei EMUI system updates.
- Adds the Huawei apps folder to the Start screen so that you can stay up to date on popular apps. Adds quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Books, Petal Maps, Game Center, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard. The apps can be downloaded by tapping the shortcuts. (Note: If the setting for Auto-update of apps in AppGallery is set to On or Wi-Fi only, app updates will be downloaded and installed automatically when the network connection is good.)
How to check for updates:
Huawei has started to rollout this update in phase. Therefore, it’ll start to expand gradually among different users and you can catch this rollout via the following instructions.
Open Settings app, go to System & updates > open Software updates, and then tap CHECK FOR UPDATES and wait while the phone checks for any available software rollout.
Here are a few things to note:
- Download the latest software update over a WiFi connection.
- Keep a backup of your data, so you won’t lose your important files if there’s any error occurs during the installation process.
- Maintain battery levels, so your phone doesn’t run out of power during the installation.