Huawei Mate 20 series EMUI 12 Tracker: Beta, Stable and Rollouts
Huawei has started the EMUI 12 beta testing for one of the best-selling old flagship smartphones, the Huawei Mate 20 series. The EMUI 12 beta campaign allows the users to test the new software ahead of stable rollout. So, this EMUI 12 tracker of the Huawei Mate 20 series keeps you updated with every news that is happening in the global market.
Huawei Mate 20 series models were equipped with powerful hardware and software capabilities and still performing excellently in the user’s hands. In terms of software, this smartphone lineup was initially launched with EMUI 9.1 and after receiving several major updates running on EMUI 11.
Huawei Mate 20 series models:
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 20 X 4G
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
Currently, EMUI 12 beta project for the Huawei Mate 20 series is available for limited users and expanding in batches and you can try your check the Huawei Beta to participate.
The EMUI 12 comes with an optimized control panel, better UI customization, app icons, an improved smart collaboration experience, and more to enhance the user experience.
Throughout the testing phase, Huawei will send a number of the EMUI 12 beta software updates for the Huawei Mate 20 series that will bring different patches and feature improvements for the beta devices.
So, this Huawei Mate 20 series EMUI 12 tracker will keep you updated with the latest be with EMUI 12 beta progress for the Huawei Mate 20 series beta, stable rollouts, and the latest news in the global market.
- On December 28: Huawei Mate 20 EMUI 12 beta expanding to more users
- On December 22: The first EMUI 12 beta rolled out for Huawei Mate 20 series
- On December 5: EMUI 12 beta started for Huawei Mate 20 series in the global market.
- March 23, 2022: Stable EMUI 12 began to rollout for Huawei Mate 20 series
May 12, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 20 series EMUI 12 Progress Report [Countries List]
April 29, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 20 smartphone users started receiving the stable EMUI 12 builds via OTA update in Brazil. Read more
April 27, 2022:
- Huawei has started rolling out the EMUI 12 beta update for Huawei Mate 20 Lite smartphone through the OTA medium. Read more
April 20, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro is receiving EMUI 12 in UK. Read more
April 13, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro stable EMUI 12 update expanding to more users [Europe]
March 29, 2022:
- Stable EMUI 12 reached to Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone. Read more
March 28, 2022:
- Stable EMUI 12 released for Huawei Mate 20 X smartphone. Read more
March 26, 2022:
- EMUI 12 for the Huawei Mate 20 devices rolling out in the Middle East. Read more
March 23, 2022:
- Stable EMUI 12 began to rollout for Huawei Mate 20 devices. Read more
December 28, 2021:
- Huawei is expanding the EMUI 12 beta for Mate 20 series among consumers that participated in the beta project. Read more
December 22, 2021:
- Huawei is rolling out the first EMUI 12 beta software update for the Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro smartphones in the global market. Read more
December 5, 2021:
- Breaking, Huawei has ramped its EMUI 12 beta testing schedule, and now, we have the beta testing details for one of the prominent Huawei flagship devices – The mate 20 series. Read More
Huawei is yet to share EMUI 13 roadmap
EMUI 13 beta kicked off for global users and it’s quite exciting but the roadmap of eligible Huawei devices is still awaited. While there’s no official news available on this matter.
In 2021, Huawei released EMUI 12 roadmap during the Asia pacific launch event but this year, there are no such plans revealed. Instead of the roadmap, Huawei opened the EMUI 13 beta for all Huawei P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phones.
Unfortunately, the program is open for the Asia region but more users want to join the beta activity. Especially the European models are waiting for term to dive into the testing pool.
Despite the delay, we hope that the oldest set of devices may also get a slot into this EMUI 13 release program.
In the meantime, if you have a flagship phone, tune into the Beta app. From here open the “Me” section and then search for a new EMUI 13 beta project.
You need to sign up for the beta application and wait for the submission. Once submitted, you will be notified to download the OTA update package.
If the activity is not available on your phone, don’t worry, you will see the project after the beta opens in your country. Yet, we also suggest you keep an eye on the Beta application.
EMUI 13 Features:
EMUI 13 focuses on reinventing EMUI 12, this includes better security and privacy. This new software can review all of the data safety measures thanks to the new privacy center.
It has new options to allow or revoke permission, check the timeline for all of the user permission, and so on. You can also set new image privacy to hide the image meta information.
EMUI 13 also plays well around the user interface and there are many improvements made to features such as large folders and service widgets.
EMUI 184.108.40.206 rolling for Huawei Mate 50 Pro
Huawei is rolling out EMUI 220.127.116.11 for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro smartphone in the global market. This update is packed with lots of new features, optimizations, and improvements for this flagship phone.
According to the information, EMUI 18.104.22.168 for Huawei Mate 50 Pro comes with new network improvements for certain situations. It has improvements in camera quality.
There are also new optimizations made for the audio quality of calls and games. On the flip side, the app has its own improvements for a better user experience.
Furthermore, Huawei has arranged new system stability optimizations that provide a performance boost for your smartphone.
According to the inputs, this upgrade integrates February 2023 security patch for the phone.
This is a big changelog for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro and the company is sending this to improve the phone’s performance in various scenarios. Also, if you have a Mate 50 Pro device, we suggest you get this version right away as soon as it appears.
The Mate 50 Pro is the first phone among all of the Huawei smartphones to get EMUI 13 but actually, it comes pre-installed. Since its launch, old phone users are waiting for a new major upgrade.
Recently, Huawei opened the beta program for a few flagships – P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phone. You should know that the latest EMUI 13 beta activity has limited slots and it’s available only for a region.
This new Huawei Mate 50 Pro update was released last week for global consumers and rolling out in batches. If your Mate 50 Pro has not received this firmware, make sure you get it via System settings.
(source – Huaweiblog)
Huawei P40 Lite February 2023 EMUI update reaches Europe
Huawei P40 lite is getting a new software update in Europe, which brings the latest security patches released in the month of February 2023. However, the phone users are also waiting for EMUI 13 roadmap to confirm their eligibility for the next major software update.
Huaweiblog reports that Huawei P40 Lite users are getting the February 2023 security update in Europe with build version 22.214.171.1248 and the OTA package size of 254 megabytes.
This is a staged rollout, and all of the P40 Lite users will get it gradually. Below you can check the complete changelog of this software release.
List of Changes
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in February 2023 for improved system security.
For more information on the security of Huawei’s EMUI system updates, visit the Huawei official website.
Notes on the update:
- Your personal data will not be deleted by the update. However, we recommend that you back up important data before updating.
- Charge your phone sufficiently.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.