Huawei has started the EMUI 12 beta testing for one of the best-selling old flagship smartphones, the Huawei Mate 20 series. The EMUI 12 beta campaign allows the users to test the new software ahead of stable rollout. So, this EMUI 12 tracker of the Huawei Mate 20 series keeps you updated with every news that is happening in the global market.
Huawei Mate 20 series models were equipped with powerful hardware and software capabilities and still performing excellently in the user’s hands. In terms of software, this smartphone lineup was initially launched with EMUI 9.1 and after receiving several major updates running on EMUI 11.
Huawei Mate 20 series models:
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 20 X 4G
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
Currently, EMUI 12 beta project for the Huawei Mate 20 series is available for limited users and expanding in batches and you can try your check the Huawei Beta to participate.
The EMUI 12 comes with an optimized control panel, better UI customization, app icons, an improved smart collaboration experience, and more to enhance the user experience.
Throughout the testing phase, Huawei will send a number of the EMUI 12 beta software updates for the Huawei Mate 20 series that will bring different patches and feature improvements for the beta devices.
So, this Huawei Mate 20 series EMUI 12 tracker will keep you updated with the latest be with EMUI 12 beta progress for the Huawei Mate 20 series beta, stable rollouts, and the latest news in the global market.
- On December 28: Huawei Mate 20 EMUI 12 beta expanding to more users
- On December 22: The first EMUI 12 beta rolled out for Huawei Mate 20 series
- On December 5: EMUI 12 beta started for Huawei Mate 20 series in the global market.
- March 23, 2022: Stable EMUI 12 began to rollout for Huawei Mate 20 series
May 12, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 20 series EMUI 12 Progress Report [Countries List]
April 29, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 20 smartphone users started receiving the stable EMUI 12 builds via OTA update in Brazil. Read more
April 27, 2022:
- Huawei has started rolling out the EMUI 12 beta update for Huawei Mate 20 Lite smartphone through the OTA medium. Read more
April 20, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro is receiving EMUI 12 in UK. Read more
April 13, 2022:
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro stable EMUI 12 update expanding to more users [Europe]
March 29, 2022:
- Stable EMUI 12 reached to Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone. Read more
March 28, 2022:
- Stable EMUI 12 released for Huawei Mate 20 X smartphone. Read more
March 26, 2022:
- EMUI 12 for the Huawei Mate 20 devices rolling out in the Middle East. Read more
March 23, 2022:
- Stable EMUI 12 began to rollout for Huawei Mate 20 devices. Read more
December 28, 2021:
- Huawei is expanding the EMUI 12 beta for Mate 20 series among consumers that participated in the beta project. Read more
December 22, 2021:
- Huawei is rolling out the first EMUI 12 beta software update for the Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro smartphones in the global market. Read more
December 5, 2021:
- Breaking, Huawei has ramped its EMUI 12 beta testing schedule, and now, we have the beta testing details for one of the prominent Huawei flagship devices – The mate 20 series. Read More
EMUI 12 enters last phase of rollout
Announced last year, EMUI 12 has brought new hope for Huawei smartphone users. As of August 2022, almost 9 months has been passed since its official unveiling and EMUI 12 has now entered the last phase of rollout.
In November, Huawei opened EMUI 12 beta activity with Huawei Mate 40 Pro, Huawei Mate 30 Pro, and P40 series. These phones are the first ones to participate in the test. After 2 months of testing, Huawei rolled out stable EMUI 12 via OTA on all of these three series’ in January and began wide testing for other devices.
These are – Huawei P40 Lite, P40 Lite 5G, P40 Lite, Nova 7, and Nova 7i. These phones have been one of the most popular ones in the budget to mid-range segments to get EMUI 12. While some of these have not been upgraded with EMUI 11.
In April, Huawei rolled out EMUI 12 for prominent flagships – Huawei P30 and Mate 20 series, along with the mid-range Nova 5T. These phone users have been delighted with this new software upgrade as the phone completes their ‘probably’ final major software reign.
However, this doesn’t conclude our journey, because Huawei also took care of one of the oldest batches of flagships such as – the Huawei Mate 10 and the P20 series. WoW! This was an announcement that made the fans happy.
In the meantime, Huawei has reached the last phase of EMUI 12 and it’s seeding this new EMUI version for Huawei Y9s, Y9 Prime 2019, P30 Lite, and P Smart series. The rollouts are currently in progress and the company will continue to expand this software as it continues to progress.
EMUI 12 brings a brand new user interface that looks way better than the previous generation. This design has been derived directly from HarmonOS operating system. On the other hand, you will get a bunch of new animations that improve the viewing experience.
Furthermore, EMUI 12 has its own new additions such as large folders, which compound and helps you to clean up the home screen apps more efficiently.
EMUI July 2022 update now live for Huawei P Smart 2021
Ideally, EMUI 10 running device Huawei P Smart 2021 model receives the July 2022 security update. This shows the dedication of the company to give a better user experience to each and every device user on time.
Well, the EMUI (Emotion UI) name itself indicated the emotion for the devices to diagnose them better than best working. However, Huawei offers a lot of self-developed features for the devices.
Meanwhile, the tenth generation of EMUI-based Huawei P Smart 2021 mobile gives you the best specs at the offered price. So if you are a Huawei P Smart 2021 smartphone user then feel lucky and enjoy this recent update for you.
EMUI July 2022 Monthly security update for the Huawei P Smart 2021 mobles aim to improve the usability and currently running version bug and issue will be fixed after downloading and installing it.
- EMUI 10.1.1.260 (C432E4R2P1)
Below you can check the guide on how to accomplish it:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also grab it through, the My Huawei app, just opens it on your device, and go to the Update. Follow the on-screen instructions.
What to do if an EMUI update fails:
Ensure that your phone is connected to an available network, restart your phone, or open Phone Manager to run optimize or Cleanup. Try to clear the update cache through:
- Then click Software update
- Storage and touch clear data
- Now clear the Cache
After all, try again to update your smartphone, if you still encounter the issue, restore your phone to its factory setting and try again.
Breaking: Stable EMUI 12 rolling out for Huawei P Smart Z
Finally, Huawei P Smart Z smartphone users went straight to the most desired EMUI 12 stable version, by skipping EMUI 11. It leads to you providing a revised fluency of your smartphone similar to how you first used it after purchase or even better than that.
However, the Huawei P Smart Z is a midrange smartphone and users demand a new EMUI major update for the device for a long time, as it has even not received EMUI 11. But no worry it’s better late than never.
The latest EMUI 12 update brings so many surprising features and innovative changes to your Huawei P Smart Z smartphone. Although, here is a new EMUI 188.8.131.52 build version for you.
all you need to lift the 3.39 GB of installation weight, ya it’s hefty in size, but the data compromise result will be much happier for you. We recommend you install it via using the unmetered connection for not to interrupt services.
After upgrading to EMUI 12, the Huawei P smart Z users will definitely experience a new way of innovation, as compared to the current EMUI version. Below you can check the complete changelog mentioned below:
- Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphic to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts.
- Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps.
- Allows you to easily multitask in split screen mode and send messages in a floating window while watching videos or gaming. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and hold the screen to display the multi-window dock. Press and hold an app icon in the Dock and drag it to the side of the screen to share the screen. Alternatively, tap an app icon to view it in a floating window. You can later minimize the floating window to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
- Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats.
- In the Discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories using preinstalled templates, special effects, and background music. The video editing features have been streamlined and provide further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
- As you scroll, EMUI 12 speeds up the loading of web pages and apps. You can go back to the page the next time you visit it. EMUI 12 maintains optimum performance, transaction response, and application launch even after extended use.