Huawei expanding EMUI 11 major update for Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone in Cuba
EMUI 11 is Huawei’s latest Android-based operating system and may be the last version in this segment. Previously, it was reported that the company will launch EMUI 11.1 and will be the founding stone of HarmonyOS for smartphones.
Since then, Huawei didn’t make any announcement or discloses any information regarding this. But the news of HarmonyOS for smartphones surfacing regularly and the company’s spokesperson states that most Huawei phones will receive HarmonyOS before June 2021. Read more
Before shifting to HarmonyOS, the company has to complete the EMUI 11 major update rollout across the globe. In this segment, Huawei has already delivered this update for previous-gen flagship Mate 20 lineup models in different parts of the world.
Now, Huawei is expanding EMUI 11 for Mate 20 Pro smartphones in Cuba. After installing this build, users are can experience the new user interface and latest features integrated with the latest custom OS.
The Chinese tech giant is working hard to soon conclude the EMUI 11 rollout worldwide by delivering the stable version. It offers many exciting features such as a super notepad, new multiwindow mode, and more. [Full changelog below]
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- Message us on Twitter
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone users on EMUI 10.1 can identify this EMUI 11 major update with build 22.214.171.124 (C212E3R1P4) and update size of 1.84MB.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
EMUI version and size may vary.
- Maintain enough battery and storage on your device.
HOW TO UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipster: Eduardo sola
EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
EMUI 11 major update expanding for Huawei Mate 20 Pro users in Morocco
Huawei is yet to share EMUI 13 roadmap
EMUI 13 beta kicked off for global users and it’s quite exciting but the roadmap of eligible Huawei devices is still awaited. While there’s no official news available on this matter.
In 2021, Huawei released EMUI 12 roadmap during the Asia pacific launch event but this year, there are no such plans revealed. Instead of the roadmap, Huawei opened the EMUI 13 beta for all Huawei P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phones.
Unfortunately, the program is open for the Asia region but more users want to join the beta activity. Especially the European models are waiting for term to dive into the testing pool.
Despite the delay, we hope that the oldest set of devices may also get a slot into this EMUI 13 release program.
In the meantime, if you have a flagship phone, tune into the Beta app. From here open the “Me” section and then search for a new EMUI 13 beta project.
You need to sign up for the beta application and wait for the submission. Once submitted, you will be notified to download the OTA update package.
If the activity is not available on your phone, don’t worry, you will see the project after the beta opens in your country. Yet, we also suggest you keep an eye on the Beta application.
EMUI 13 Features:
EMUI 13 focuses on reinventing EMUI 12, this includes better security and privacy. This new software can review all of the data safety measures thanks to the new privacy center.
It has new options to allow or revoke permission, check the timeline for all of the user permission, and so on. You can also set new image privacy to hide the image meta information.
EMUI 13 also plays well around the user interface and there are many improvements made to features such as large folders and service widgets.
EMUI 126.96.36.199 rolling for Huawei Mate 50 Pro
Huawei is rolling out EMUI 188.8.131.52 for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro smartphone in the global market. This update is packed with lots of new features, optimizations, and improvements for this flagship phone.
According to the information, EMUI 184.108.40.206 for Huawei Mate 50 Pro comes with new network improvements for certain situations. It has improvements in camera quality.
There are also new optimizations made for the audio quality of calls and games. On the flip side, the app has its own improvements for a better user experience.
Furthermore, Huawei has arranged new system stability optimizations that provide a performance boost for your smartphone.
According to the inputs, this upgrade integrates February 2023 security patch for the phone.
This is a big changelog for the Huawei Mate 50 Pro and the company is sending this to improve the phone’s performance in various scenarios. Also, if you have a Mate 50 Pro device, we suggest you get this version right away as soon as it appears.
The Mate 50 Pro is the first phone among all of the Huawei smartphones to get EMUI 13 but actually, it comes pre-installed. Since its launch, old phone users are waiting for a new major upgrade.
Recently, Huawei opened the beta program for a few flagships – P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, and Mate Xs 2 foldable phone. You should know that the latest EMUI 13 beta activity has limited slots and it’s available only for a region.
This new Huawei Mate 50 Pro update was released last week for global consumers and rolling out in batches. If your Mate 50 Pro has not received this firmware, make sure you get it via System settings.
(source – Huaweiblog)
Huawei P40 Lite February 2023 EMUI update reaches Europe
Huawei P40 lite is getting a new software update in Europe, which brings the latest security patches released in the month of February 2023. However, the phone users are also waiting for EMUI 13 roadmap to confirm their eligibility for the next major software update.
Huaweiblog reports that Huawei P40 Lite users are getting the February 2023 security update in Europe with build version 220.127.116.118 and the OTA package size of 254 megabytes.
This is a staged rollout, and all of the P40 Lite users will get it gradually. Below you can check the complete changelog of this software release.
List of Changes
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in February 2023 for improved system security.
For more information on the security of Huawei’s EMUI system updates, visit the Huawei official website.
Notes on the update:
- Your personal data will not be deleted by the update. However, we recommend that you back up important data before updating.
- Charge your phone sufficiently.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.