EMUI 11 is Huawei’s latest Android-based operating system and may be the last version in this segment. Previously, it was reported that the company will launch EMUI 11.1 and will be the founding stone of HarmonyOS for smartphones.
Since then, Huawei didn’t make any announcement or discloses any information regarding this. But the news of HarmonyOS for smartphones surfacing regularly and the company’s spokesperson states that most Huawei phones will receive HarmonyOS before June 2021. Read more
Before shifting to HarmonyOS, the company has to complete the EMUI 11 major update rollout across the globe. In this segment, Huawei has already delivered this update for previous-gen flagship Mate 20 lineup models in different parts of the world.
Now, Huawei is expanding EMUI 11 for Mate 20 Pro smartphones in Cuba. After installing this build, users are can experience the new user interface and latest features integrated with the latest custom OS.
The Chinese tech giant is working hard to soon conclude the EMUI 11 rollout worldwide by delivering the stable version. It offers many exciting features such as a super notepad, new multiwindow mode, and more. [Full changelog below]
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone users on EMUI 10.1 can identify this EMUI 11 major update with build 184.108.40.206 (C212E3R1P4) and update size of 1.84MB.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
EMUI version and size may vary.
- Maintain enough battery and storage on your device.
HOW TO UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipster: Eduardo sola
EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
Huawei Mate Xs 2 foldable getting November 2022 EMUI update
In terms of the offering, the update has packed some useful fixes and improvements for the device’s security system. As a result, users will experience a more reliable and responsive system after feeding the new firmware to their handsets.
Interestingly, this is the second security update for the Huawei Mate Xs 2 folding phones within a month. With the onset of this month, the corresponding device owners received the October 2022 security patch.
However, users were expecting the latest firmware update for the flagship model. As of now, the wait is over and Huawei Mate Xs 2 can install the November 2022 update with the EMUI 220.127.116.11 version along with a 371MB package.
The update is appearing via OTA medium in the global region. In the meantime, you can sneak into the Settings menu to grab the latest build manually.
- Go to the Settings app
- Swipe up and select System & Updates option
- Select Software Updates
- Tap on the CHECK FOR UPDATES option
- Let the device search for the new firmware
- Click on Download and Install tab
Before proceeding, make sure that you have a sufficient amount of storage and battery level to conduct the installation. Also, take a backup of your important data to prevent any kind of loss.
Huawei Mate X3 coming soon!
Huawei never misses a chance to surprise its users with unique and interesting gadgets. In the latest development, we heard about the Huawei Mate X3 folding phone that could make an official debut in January, next year.
No doubt, the device will bring some amazing tugs and tweaks on board. While there is some time to get the first look at the upcoming foldable, you can get slight details from the link given below.
|| Source ||
EMUI 13 Features: Super Device, App Gestures, Widgets, SuperStorage and more
Huawei EMUI 13 is a complete reflection of the HarmonyOS 3 operating system and make no mistake to differentiate both of these. With EMUI 13, Huawei has rained a new type of excitement for global phone users with a bunch of new features.
Although, EMUI 13 is kind of similar to the last version but the new features are something that you haven’t seen before in an EMUI software ecosystem. The level of accessibility and enrichment brought in by this new EMUI will further scale your user experience.
so, without further ado, let dive right into it.
EMUI 13 Features:
- App Swipe Up Gesture
- Service Widgets
- Stack Widgets
- Group Widgets
- Smart Folders
- Drag to share
- Multi-Tasking and Sharing
- Share Music
- Privacy and Security
- Photo Security
App Swipe up gesture:
This is feature was introduced with HarmonyOS 2 but doesn’t come with EMUI 12. Therefore, EMUI 13 is the software that finally brought in-app swipe-up gestures also known as app snippets.
The feature works as a trigger to expand app features such as the app’s own service widget or set of key features. This allows you to launch a specific feature on the spot. However, you can also pin an app’s service widget on the home screen.
Making its grand debut in the EMUI universe, service widgets are home screen cards that provide quick access to an app’s key features or reading. For example, the health widget will show you consumption, as well as step counts, and the camera widget will let you take photos in four different modes. Widgets come in different sizes to fit in the layout.
Stack and Group Widgets:
To save space and keep the home screen layout clean, there are two additions – stack widgets and group widgets. These two features work according to their names but are quite helpful.
The new Large Folders are now smarter than ever, it comes in a variety of sizes, and you just need to hold and stretch the anchor to resize large folders according to the app inside the folder.
Drag to share:
Sharing is further improved and becomes accessible, long press on any text, pic, or file that catches your eye, drags it to SuperHub, and paste or share it to any app or connected device. You can find, reuse, and delete previously pasted and shared content with ease.
Super Device is a way to go, and it’s finally here. EMUI 13 brings you a Super Device feature that supports collaborations between a wider range of devices – including the Huawei Vision, Huawei MateBook, and Huawei MatePad Paper, Eyewear, Earbuds, Smartwatches, Tablets, and more.
Multi-screen collaboration now comes with a landscape window mode, which allows you to open apps in large landscape windows to maximize the view.
Another EMUI 13 feature allows you to shoot from any angle on any connected phone, and get a side-by-side view on a single screen. During video chats, you can switch between the cameras on your different devices, which is the next level of innovation.
Want to share music with your friend from a smartphone? Yes, you can do that with EMUI 13, just connect the FreeBuds devices and share up to two earbuds at the same time. While also controlling volume level.
EMUI 13 brings you this unique capability, SuperStorage to clear up to 20GB of storage space by stacking duplicate files, compressing less-used apps, and eliminating unnecessary re-downloads to create room for your important storage requirements.
Privacy and Security:
EMUI 13 takes care of the privacy and security of your Huawei smartphone. This happens with the courtesy of the privacy center and security center to review app access, and personal data and inform you about the device’s vital information.
One of the innovations that EMUI 13 has over its competitor is the Sensitive information removal tool that could remove picture location, time, and device model used to shoot the picture.
Huawei EMUI November 2022 Updates List
Meanwhile, we also noted that the release of the October 2022 security patch for flaghip phones – P50 Pro, Mate 30 Pro, and P40 Pro is still in the air. As these phone users continue to ramp up reports on the receiving.
Still, we don’t have a clue about EMUI 13, yes, Huawei has not released a roadmap or testing details on this upcoming EMUI version. On the other hand, fans are waiting eagerly to get their hands on the next EMUI version.
As revealed in the listing, EMUI 13 comes with new features and optimizations over EMUI 12. This version has brand-new service widgets, and an improved large folder system with more layouts. Huawei has also increased safety with new security and privacy center.
Amid this software-related stuff, we also noticed that Huawei is expanding the reach of the Mate 50 series in different countries. To be mentioned, Mate 50 lineup is the first to pre-pack with EMUI 13 software. Yet, a rollout for old devices is what everyone is looking at.
Furthermore, Huawei Nova Y61 also marked the debut for global consumers. It features a 50MP triple AI-powered camera system and comes with a 22.5W super fast charger, 5000mAh battery, and EMUI 12 software.
Aside from all of the action-packed sequences, this article will give you updates on each Huawei EMUI firmware rollout happening in the month of November 2022. Check them below.
It’s time to wrap up the archive of software updates for November 2022. Thanks for tuning in.
November 30, 2022:
- November 2022 EMUI software update out for Huawei P50 Pocket flip foldable device.
November 28, 2022:
- Huawei Sound Joy is receiving November 2022 software update that brings stability improvement for a better user experience.
- Huawei P50 Pro smartphone in Europe is getting November 2022 EMUI security patch. Don’t forget to fetch it.
- Huawei is improving Mate 40 Pro with November 2022 software update and it’s rolling out in the global market.
- Huawei P40 Pro users grip November 2022 EMUI 12 software security release.
November 26, 2022:
- Huawei Nova 9 smartphone is getting November 2022 EMUI security patch that installs various new improvements for the system.
November 25, 2022:
- Huawei Mate Xs foldable phone in the global market installing November 2022 EMUI security update with EMUI version 18.104.22.1680.
- Huawei Nova Y70 smartphone is receiving November 2022 EMUI software update with EMUI 22.214.171.124 build version.
- Huawei P50 Pro is receiving November 2022 security update with EMUI 12 version 126.96.36.1996. However, users are waiting for a new major upgrade.
- Huawei P30 Pro smartphone users with EMUI 12 are receiving November 2022 security update. The phone is getting this new firmware with version 188.8.131.52.
November 24, 2022:
- Huawei P30 Lite is getting a new software update with EMUI 12 version 184.108.40.206 and patches to improve the phone’s security.
November 21, 2022:
- Huawei is rolling out VOTE and VoWiFi HD feature for some flagship including Huawei P40 Series, Mate 40 Pro and Mate 30 Pro global models running EMUI 12 software.
- Huawei P40 Pro global units are getting November 2022 EMUI software update with EMUI version 220.127.116.110.
November 15, 2022:
- In some markets, Huawei Mate 50 Pro users are reported of upgrading over HarmonyOS 3 from EMUI 13. Read more.
November 10, 2022:
- Huawei P40 Lite is getting October 2022 security update in Europe that comes with EMUI 18.104.22.168. However, the update doesn’t include any additional changes.
- Huawei is sending a new software patch for Nova 9 SE smartphone that installs important system improvement patches for the users.
November 8, 2022:
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 users are getting EMUI 12 in more countries
November 2, 2022:
- Huawei Mate Xs 2 and P50 Pro smartphones are getting October 2022 patches with EMUI 12 version 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 respectively. These two software rollouts are important to improve the phone’s security.
November 1, 2022:
- Huawei P40 lite is one of the last smartphones to get the October 2022 EMUI security patch in November, yet it’s important that the phone is still getting a new software update, as it runs on EMUI 12.
- Huawei P40 Pro is one of the most remarkable smartphones in the industry and it has been served October 2022 security patch with EMUI 188.8.131.526 version.