Huawei is rapidly upgrading its previously launched devices over EMUI 11, the latest Android-based mobile operating system, across the globe as soon as possible. In the meantime, the company is also preparing to release HarmonyOS for general smartphone consumers.
Coming to Huawei Nova 5T smartphone, this device also gets the chance to participate in the EMUI 11 beta testing program. After completing the beta activity, Nova 5T beta tester, as well as EMUI 10.1 users, began to receive this major upgrade.
Since February, the stable EMUI 11 version is rolling out for Nova 5T devices. As one of Huawei’s most popular smartphones, Huawei has sold a huge number of units of the Nova 5T and because of its vastness, it may take some time to reach EMUI 11 in different markets places.
So far, EMUI 11 for Huawei Nova 5T touched the UK, Europe, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Philippines, and Latin America. And users from these countries started enjoying the latest EMUI 11 features.
Now, the EMUI 11 major upgrading is expanding for Nova 5T smartphone users in New Zealand and comes with new user interface changes including smoother animations, better multitasking, improved multi-screen collaboration, and other features.
Aside from this, the company has also released the March 2021 security patch for this device user that enhances security by fixing different levels of exploits and issues.
We advised users to first install this EMUI 11 major update on their respective Nova 5T device and further March 2021 security improvements for device safety.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
EMUI 11 stable version:
- Huawei Nova 5T smartphone users can found the latest EMUI 11 major update with build number 220.127.116.11 (C636E3R2P5) and a package size of 2.02 GB.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
EMUI version and size may vary.
- Maintain enough battery and storage on your device.
HOW TO INSTALL:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
EMUI 11 FULL CHANGELOG:
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
Thanks to the tipster: Harry Meadows