In this line, Huawei’s old-generation flagship, Mate 20 also been a part of the EMUI 11 beta testing program in different regions including China, UK, Europe, Russia, and more. After completion of stable EMUI 11 rollout in home ground, the company started expanding in the global market.
To date, Mate 20 Pro users in overseas markets installed the EMUI 11 major upgrade and started experiencing new features. Also, this update is gradually expanding to other parts of the world.
Now, according to the latest information, Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone users in Morocco begun receiving stable EMUI 11 along with its latest features and improvements.
EMUI 11 offers many exciting features such as super notepad, rhythmic ringtones, AI subtitles, and amazing changes in the user interface like artistic AOD, new multiwindow mode, and more. [Full changelog below]
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
Stable EMUI 11 version:
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone users receiving EMUI 11 version 220.127.116.11 with a package size of 1.84MB.
HOW TO CHECK FOR UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipster: Thomas J
Detailed EMUI 11 changelog:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
Huawei: Why have you forgot about these phones for EMUI 12, they are excellent
Yes! We’re moving towards EMUI 13 and EMUI 12 is rolling out in the air. However, we also want to point out some phones that Huawei forgot to give EMUI 12, as they are also among the top options in the market.
Yes, there are some important phones that we need to note on behalf of Huawei and why the company forgot to give them a major upgrade, such as EMUI 12.
This is a full-screen phone that reaches at 6.63 inches with FHD+ resolution, it is powered by a MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor.
The phone has quad rear camera 64 MP (f/1.8 aperture) + 8 MP (120 Ultra-Wide Angle Lens, f/2.4 aperture) + 2 MP (Depth Lens, f/2.4 aperture) + 2 MP (Macro Lens, f/2.4 aperture).
This phone equips 6.67 inches of TFT LCD and FHD+ resolution. On the other hand, the phone is the first in the Huawei cadre to feature a top center hole punch design.
It has a Kirin 710A octa-core processor. It also brings powerful rear camera system including 48 MP (f/1.8 aperture) + 8 MP (120 Ultra-Wide Angle Lens, f/2.4 aperture) + 2 MP (Depth Lens, f/2.4 aperture) + 2 MP (Macro Lens, f/2.4 aperture).
It sports 6.4 inches of TFT display and HD+ resolution and is powered by a Mediatek MT6762R octa-core chipset with IMG GE8320 650 MHz.
The phone has triple camera setup 13 MP (f/1.8 aperture) + 5 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture) + 2 MP (f/2.4 aperture), AF. On the front side, it provides an 8MP selfie camera.
This is a budget device and it has a very unique design. It is a handy phone with a 5.45-inch screen and HD+ resolution. There are two cameras in total – one on the rear and one on the front.
Despite their different specs, all of these phone ships with pre-installed EMUI 10.1 software. However, they’ve not received any further upgrades such as EMUI 12.
If they didn’t get EMUI 12, do you think, Huawei will give these a slot in EMUI 13 upgrade plan? We’ll figure it out and keep you posted.
Ensure Huawei P50 Pro security with EMUI September 2022 update
Huawei P50 Pro smartphone is a perfect example of what you see is what you get in terms of features, specification, and design. And to maintain its compatibility Huawei kick off regular updates. Likewise, the latest EMUI September 2022 security update for the Huawei P50 Pro helps to patch the security gap.
September 2022 patch fixes:
EMUI September 2022 security patch fixes Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) for the numerous software threats and defects. There are also 10 fixes for CVEs at the high level, 7 fixes for CVEs at the medium level, and 0 remedies for CVEs at the low level.
Meanwhile, the latest update helps to improve the security status of your Huawei P50 Pro smartphone to give you a better user experience. You can identify this latest update through EMUI 18.104.22.1684 (C432E3R4P1), which is currently rolling out in the European market.
We recommend to you grab this update as soon as it reaches your Huawei P50 Pro smartphone. To maintain its efficiency and compatibility in to fight further bugs and issues.
Will Huawei P50 Pro brings XMAGE camera technology?
The Huawei XMAGE camera technology is the newest and biggest badge in the world of photography. After the Mate 50 series, we had strong convictions that the upcoming Huawei P50 Pro would be the next smartphone to integrate XMAGE features.
Recently a famous Weibo tipster shared a post with the Huawei P50 Pro image on his page. As per the tipster, with the release of the new P50 Pro handset, the business will start including the adaptor. Users are spared the hassle of running out to buy extra equipment to charge their new smartphone.
The tipster has not added anything like processors or any other important specs aside from the interrogative twitch. To present, neither analysts nor Huawei have confirmed any reports regarding the forthcoming P50 Pro smartphone.
Have you used Double Tap feature of EMUI 12 copied by Android 12?
To some extent, Huawei EMUI 12 is similar to Android 12, including features, gestures, and many more but capability such as a large folder makes it better. Aside from that EMUI 12 greatness, today we up the Double Tap feature of Android 12, which is similar to EMUI 12 double tap to work smart and quickly by just tapping on the screen.
The feature enables you to change your settings so that actions like turning on the flashlight and taking screenshots may be performed by double-tapping the on-screen of your phone.
However, for the Android 12 devices, this feature is known as the Quick Tap and for the Huawei EMUI 12 devices, it knows as the Double Tap feature. Notably, the feature is available only on the compatible Huawei device, just check and experience this double tap feature.
Android 12 Quick tap feature:
You can switch the function on or off once you get there. You can choose from a variety of actions if you enable the double-tap gesture. They comprise to let you capture a screenshot, Turn on Google Assistant, media, playback or pause, launch the recent apps window, Notification dropdown is displayed, activating a particular app.
- Open the Settings
- Then System
- Now the Gestures
EMUI 12 Double tap feature:
Huawei larger screen devices can benefit most from the functionality because it makes it simpler to turn on the screen from across the table without having to mess with the controls.
However, if you having trouble searching the Double tap on your Huawei device then once reboot, you will find a new ‘double tap’ feature located in the settings options.
To enable the feature you can visit the Settings option>then Accessibility features > from Shortcuts & gestures, Wake screen and enable Raise to wake or Double-tap screen to wake.
This Quick Tap feature on your EMUI 12 devices will definitely give you a better user experience and let you give a smart and time-saving operation. If you are an EMUI 12 device user and have used this feature then must share your experience with the user.
And if you are unaware of the double tap feature so far, then enable it on your devices now to take advantage of the double tap feature. However, it is as similar to the Android 12 feature Quick Tap but still, Huawei needs to do some improvements to it to make it compatible with all devices.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter