After the launch of EMUI 11, Huawei has started the EMUI 11 beta testing program for its compatible device in home ground and further expand it to the global market. Afterward, the company started releasing stable EMUI 11 major upgrades.
Talking the Mate 20 smartphones, this old-generation lineup has been a part of the EMUI 11 program in China as well as global markets including Europe, Middle East, South East Asia, and more.
However, the Mate 20 Chinese variants already installed the stable EMUI 11 build and started experiencing new features. As the company’s promise the rollout for Mate 20 global variants will happen in the first quarter of 2021.
At the end of February 2021, Huawei has released EMUI 11 stable for Mate 20 users in the global market. At that time, the rollout is still in the early-stage so we expect it to expand in the coming weeks and cover more users around the globe.
Now, Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone users started receiving this major update, which brings new EMUI 11 features including always-on display, multiwindow mode, and more. (Check the full changelog listed below)
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei Mate 20 Pro users can identify this update with the software built number 220.127.116.11 (C432E4R1P4) and update package size of 1.82GB.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary
- Backup important data.
CHECK FOR UPDATE:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your device
ALTERNATIVELY, VIA SUPPORT:
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your phone
EMUI 11 changelog:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
EMUI 12 Features: New UI design, Motion effect, Control Panel, Device Plus and more
Huawei has released the EMUI 12 operating system, which comes with a suite of new features, user interface (UI) design, animation effects, seamless device controller, and other important enhancements over EMUI 11.
EMUI 12 design reflects the design scheme of the HarmonyOS operating system. From UI to features, all carry the same rhythm. However, Huawei has remained silent on the based software of EMUI 12.
Let’s jump to the matter, and explore the EMUI 12 Features:
EMUI 12 comes with a new innovative user interface design that has beautiful rounds corners and provides a seamless viewing experience. There are finely tuned gradients that create a perfect sense of depth in the display, while the simple black, white and blue color format offers a clean and refined look.
This EMUI software comes with new animation effects that reflect realistic gravity and magnet animation effects. The latest animations added to the UI reflects the celestial objects move in the universe, and makes the overall touch interaction more smoother and interactive.
The new software supports stepless weight adjustment, which allows you to adjust the size and the weight of the font by just adjusting the slider. This new feature enhances the user’s viewing experience and makes the UI labels more visible for better UI controls.
Control Panel is an all-in-one solution that you can access by swiping down from the top right corner of the display. The Control Panel consists of audio playback, WiFi, and Bluetooth settings on the same screen.
That’s not it because the Control Panel the above-mentioned controls are followed by shortcut switches section. There’s also a Device+ section. The aim of the Control Panel is to provide you the quickest possible options on the go without at the fastest pace.
Compared to the EMUI 11, the Notification Center is now separated from the Quick settings panel. The users now have a brand new notification center, that you can access via swiping down from the top left corner of the display.
Finally, let’s talk about the “Device+”. This feature resembles the Super Device feature on the HarmonyOS 2. What are the use cases? Let’s take a brief look.
You can simply tap on the MatePad icon (as shown in the image) to activate a multi-screen collaboration with MatePad. This will help you conduct calls, send messages, and check photos from your phone on the tablet screen.
Once connected with MateBook, you can edit your phone’s files directly using your laptop’s bigger display with ease of access. Want to enjoy your phone’s content on an even bigger display? Don’t worry, EMUI 12’s Device+ supports Huawei Vision smart TVs.
Lastly, the earbuds support of the Device+ allows you to listen to should of the other connected device such as Huawei Vision, without disturbing other people.
Distributed File System:
Distributed File System is quite powerful and works best, with this feature, you can get instant access to your phone documents or photos as easily as to access another disk drive on your laptop.
Most interestingly, these all functionalities can be conducted without touching your phone’s data cable.
MeeTime video calls were introduced with EMUI 10.1 and improved in EMUI 11. With EMUI 12, Huawei is taking a step ahead, this feature now supports cross-device video calls, you can seamlessly shift video calls picked up on your phone to Huawei Vision by using the MeeTime Video Call Transfer feature, and shift the call back to your phone, as per your requirement.
Time to come to an important part – Performance, the EMUI 12, provides faster web pages and apps loading as you scroll. You can return to the page next time as you load it up.
Even after a long term of use, the EMUI 12 ensures to provide optimum performance, operation response, and app startup as it was doing initially.
Lastly, the security. EMUI 12 comes with better security and privacy protection, You can input your password to unlock your phone from your laptop while being connected to the Multi-screen collaboration feature.
Moreover, you can set your smartwatch as a trusted device of your phone for extra protection. Your phone will only respond when your phone is connected via Face unlock.
Huawei Mate 20 Lite September 2021 security patch out for global users [EMUI]
Global users are receiving the September 2021 security patch on the Huawei Mate 20 Lite smartphone. The update has only brought the bug fixes mentioned in the security bulletins released for September this year. Speaking of which, Huawei didn’t release any update after June 2021 security patch for this device in overseas markets.
Debuted in 2018, Huawei Mate 20 Lite comes pre-installed with EMUI 8 operating system. Later, the company sends two major updates for this base smartphone and it’s currently running on EMUI 10. Although, it didn’t receive the EMUI 11, still counts as an important device of the company. Thus, it timely gest new features, bug fixes, and system optimizations.
As reported by HuaweiBlog, the September 2021 security patch contains the EMUI 10.0.0.290 version for Huawei Mate 20 Lite users. However, the changelog doesn’t seem to contain much due to its smaller update size. There are no additional features or major modification come with the security note. You can check the details below:
- Update Version: EMUI 10.0.0.290 (C432E12R1P1)
- Update Size: 116 MB
- Changelog: This update integrates security patches released in September 2021 for improved system security.
(Image from HuaweiBlog)
How to Download:
Huawei Mate 20 Lite users can download the latest EMUI September 2021 security patch from the smartphone’s setting. Still, there are many things a user needs to consider before installing the update.
A battery level of more than 20% is required, so your device won’t be worn out during the procedure. At the same, users also need to ensure adequate storage in the system and stable network connection.
However, the update size is rather small, so you can also make the download with personal mobile data easily. Also remember, not to disturb the process or use the smartphone in between the installation. Below you can check the downloading steps-
- Open your smartphone and go to Settings
- Now tap on the System & updates
- Then open Software Update
- From here select Check for updates
- If an update is available, it’ll pop up on your phone
- Click on Download and install
- Wait for the process to complete, and Restart your device
Huawei EMUI October 2021 Updates List
Huawei released the October 2021 EMUI security patch details ahead of time and the company has also confirmed the devices that will participate under the October 2021 EMUI security updates rollout program.
We know that Huawei has skipped the August security patch rollout for some of the Huawei devices, instead, the Chinese tech maker decided to put a send button in September for different models and in various markets around the globe.
But the biggest concern is that “whether and when Huawei will send a new major update to the global consumers?” In our view, it’s a pretty legit question and remained unexplored up until now. However, we may witness, the launch of HarmonyOS 3.0 at the Huawei Developer Conference 2021 alongside HarmonyOS 3.0.
Meanwhile, the security and software improvements update rollout continues to expand and there are a lot of new devices that are ready in line to receive their share of the software update.
Here, via this EMUI October 2021 updates List, you can access all of the rollout updates and their briefing that rolling out in the month of October 2021.
Huawei EMUI October 2021 updates:
October 17, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro global units with EMUI 11 is receiving a new security software update that brings Stepmerb 2021 security patch.
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 and MatePad 10Ts gets new software update upgrades with the latest security patches as well as a bunch of new Apps, Read more
October 16, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 getting October 2021 software update that brings system stability improvements.
October 9, 2021:
- Huawei Watch Fit New firmware update rolling out with version 18.104.22.168 upgrading from 22.214.171.124. This update also adds new Skipping Rope feature and optimizations for the system for improving system performance.
October 3, 2021:
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G, Enjoy 20 Pro, Enjoy Z 5G, and Maimang 9 5G receiving HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199.
- Huawei Maimang 8 and Enjoy 9S getting new software with HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52. This update brings important improvements for the system stability to improve the overall user experience and performance.
October 2021 Security Patch:
October 2021 EMUI security patch brings 46 fixes address by Google and 56 fixes address by the manufacturer Huawei. However, the company is still sending the September 2021 security release note to different regions.
Besides, this Chinese phone maker also published the HarmonyOS security patch details for September 2021. At the same time, it also started to roll out this update for various devices on HarmonyOS 2.0 by the start of this month.
October 2021 security patch fixes a total of 46 CVE, among them, there’s one critical level, 27 are of high level, and 2 medium level CVE fixes. In addition, 16 CVEs were already included in previously released fixes.