After the launch of EMUI 11, Huawei has started the EMUI 11 beta testing program for its compatible device in home ground and further expand it to the global market. Afterward, the company started releasing stable EMUI 11 major upgrades.
Talking the Mate 20 smartphones, this old-generation lineup has been a part of the EMUI 11 program in China as well as global markets including Europe, Middle East, South East Asia, and more.
However, the Mate 20 Chinese variants already installed the stable EMUI 11 build and started experiencing new features. As the company’s promise the rollout for Mate 20 global variants will happen in the first quarter of 2021.
At the end of February 2021, Huawei has released EMUI 11 stable for Mate 20 users in the global market. At that time, the rollout is still in the early-stage so we expect it to expand in the coming weeks and cover more users around the globe.
Now, Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone users started receiving this major update, which brings new EMUI 11 features including always-on display, multiwindow mode, and more. (Check the full changelog listed below)
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei Mate 20 Pro users can identify this update with the software built number 18.104.22.168 (C432E4R1P4) and update package size of 1.82GB.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary
- Backup important data.
CHECK FOR UPDATE:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your device
ALTERNATIVELY, VIA SUPPORT:
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your phone
EMUI 11 changelog:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.