Wang said the Huawei developer team is currently focusing on autonomous driving solutions and aimed to make a passenger car that’s truly driverless by 2025. However, day by day the company is also securing new innovations in the form of a patent for smart cars.
In this line, Huawei has published a new patent for “Autonomous Driving Regulation Algorithm Optimization Method and Simulation Test Device” with the announcement number CN112987711A.
According to the information, this patent related to autonomous driving was applied by Huawei on November 30, 2019, in China.
The patent document discloses a kind of autonomous driving control algorithm optimization method including:
- Construct M test scenarios according to the scenario tag tree
- Simulate and run the automatic driving regulation and control algorithm based on M test scenarios to obtain M simulation results
- For each of the M test scenarios, evaluate the simulation results corresponding to the test scenario according to the evaluation algorithm corresponding to the test scenario to obtain M evaluation results
- Obtain the mapping scenario tag tree according to M evaluation results and M test scenarios
- The problem characteristics of the automatic driving regulation and control algorithm are determined according to the tag tree of the mapping scene, and the automatic driving regulation and control algorithm is optimized according to the problem characteristics
Moreover, this patent method improves the efficiency of analysis of a large number of simulation results. At the same time gives the problem characteristics of automatic driving regulation and control algorithms, and then optimizes automatic driving regulation and Control algorithms based on problem characteristics.
(Via – ithome)
Huawei bringing new battery charging technology, publishes solar battery patent
Recently, a Huawei patent entitled “Solar Cells and Their Preparation Methods, Smart Glasses, and Electronic Equipment” got the approval of the Chinese Intelectual Property Patent Database. On 21st September, Huawei has publishes this solar battery patent with the publication number CN113421977A in China. Meanwhile, it was applied back on 26th May this year.
The patent embodies an arrangement that includes a solar cell, smart glasses, and the main housing electronic device. Furthermore, the method works to reduce the resistance impact caused by the thin film when the battery size expands.
This solar battery patent designed by Huawei will be appropriate for large-area solar cell applications. The method will be more efficient and the cells will provide long-time backup giving a convenient operation.
Now, it’s time to discuss its working procedure that mainly requires a first conductive layer, a second conductive layer, a first conductive grid, a second conductive grid, and a functional layer.
- The first conductive layer and the second conductive layer are laminated and arranged on both sides of a functional layer.
- The functional layer is used to consume light and generate a photocurrent and gradually transmit the current in the first and second conductive layers.
- One surface of the first conductive grid is in contact with one surface of the first conductive layer maintaining a distance with the functional layer
- Furthermore, the first conductive grid provides the photocurrent to the electronic device.
- The second conductive grid is fixed in the functional layer in sidewise contact with the second conductive layer.
- At last, the second conductive grid also transmits the photocurrent to the electronic device giving it double efficiency.
Previous Battery Patent:
Last month, Huawei shared the vehicle-breaking patent that is able to control power recovery after analyzing battery state. The patent entitled “Vehicle Braking Method, Device and Electronic Equipment” has been published with the declaration number CN113302078A in China on August 24th. (Read More Here)
Huawei to bring new VR head mounted technology: Patent
Huawei is working on new a new VR technology, it’ll add more advanced devices to the company’s collection. In this line, the company has released a new patent, which recently gets the approval of the Chinese Intellectual Property Database. It’ll be a lightweight VR head unit and will release the pressure while wearing the device.
As per the information, Huawei applied for a patent entitled “a head-mounted display and virtual reality system” back in March 2019. Now, it has passed the examination phase and the company has published it with the publication number CN111694152B in China on 14 September 2021.
The patent abstract shows, the described head-mounted display will make the users interact with virtual reality. Furthermore, during the time wearing the head unit users won’t feel much pressure and can enjoy the work with more comfort.
Huawei VR Technology Patent Description:
The application describes that the device will have a main head unit module, two magnetic arrangements, and integrated technologies. Furthermore, the first magnet won’t be dependent on the head unit body. Meanwhile, the second magnet structure will be used for opposite forces.
Thus, this magnetic arrangement will provide the head modules a skyward magnetic force. The technology will be in the virtual reality applications that will provide less pressure.
In June 2021 Huawei Headheld and HeadPositioner (VR) have passed Bluetooth SIG certification with model numbers Par-CG013 and Par-CG012 respectively. Both models will work on Bluetooth 5.0. However, the company hasn’t revealed any further information yet.
Huawei Rollable phone meets Gestures navigation, Nice
In the past, we’ve seen a number of new Huawei patents and designs about rollable phones. Compared to the foldable design, the rollable phone extends outwards from within a regular phone size.
However, new patents continue to appear. In the latest edition, LetsGoDigital has found a new rollable phone design that was filed in February 2020 at World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). The patent is titled ‘An apparatus and a method for a controllable foldable display with haptic and sound effect’. The 38-page documentation was approved and released on September 2, 2021.
Huawei Rollable Phone with Gestures:
Aside from its design, the new patent has new hand gestures called Freehand Gesture Control. To conduct such controls, a virtual slider is shown on the screen.
The extended display will be accompanied by haptic feedback (screen vibration) and a sound effect. The advantage of this display extension sound compensates for the noise generated during the rolling process.
Not only that, there are plenty of hand movements that users can make to enjoy a seamless gestures movement across this futuristic device. These includes:
- Swipe above to roll in or out
- A movement to the right to unroll or left to retract
(image source – letsgodigital)
Manage Roll Speed:
The gestures are so advanced, they could even allow users to manage the speed of the rollout and roll back-in process detected by the use of the finger count and is detected by a motion sensor or a camera module. This is quite interesting and is surely futuristic to see that happen.
Realistic Concept Video:
Huawei Mate Rollable appears to be a normal smartphone at first sight. But it has the ability to expand into tablet-like big screen size. Unlike the foldable, the rollable smartphone can increase or decrease the area of its display by rolling in and out.
The phone’s front design looks identical to any regular smartphone, yet it can expand to a large tablet at an instance. Unlike a foldable device, the Rollable phone can expand outwards by taking a limited space. Through this mechanism, a 6.5-inch panel can expand to an 11-inch screen.
Want to check this rollable phone in action? Check out the concept video of the Huawei Rollable device linked below.