Huawei is rolling out a new HM OS 2 software update for Nova 5i and Nova 4e smartphones bringing a new Smart multi-window feature. Moreover, it also optimizes some of the existing functionalities. The Nova 4e devices have just begun the HarmonyOS 2 closed beta testing.
After installing the latest HarmonyOS 2.0 version 126.96.36.199 on Nova 4e and Nova 5i, the users will be able to use the multi-window feature for applications. By using this, you can instantly reply to the messages, while playing games or watching videos.
Furthermore, the new firmware optimizes the display interface of the control panel. And it also improves the experience of the drop-down status bar, when you swipe it down while playing games.
To be mentioned, this software update is rolling out in batches and will gradually cover all the devices in China. You can check the complete changelog and the update instructions below.
Adds Smart multi-window
- Swipe in from both sides of the screen and then pause > call out the side application bar > long press, and drag the application to instantly open the split-screen.
- Click on the application to open the floating window, and when watching videos or playing games, you can reply instantly through the floating window Message, you can also quickly minimize the window and hide it to the floating ball.
- Optimize the interface display of the control panel.
- Optimize the operation experience of the drop-down status bar in the game scene.
Things to remember
- Make sure your device is not root
- Take a backup of your important data
- Maintain enough battery and storage on your device
- It’s a staged rollout and may take time to reach your device
Huawei to soon release a new HM OS update:
Soon, a new Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52 will rollout for devices. This update will further optimize the currency version and brings stability to the devices.
The update will begin rolling out this week, starting with the Huawei Mate 40 series. The previous update carried some major changes including new features, optimizations, and bug fixes.
Huawei Nova 5i
Huawei Nova 5i comes with a 5.84-inch IPS LCD display with 1080 x 2310 resolution. The smartphone is powered by the Kirin 710 12nm processor. It is paired with 4GB RAM and 128GB of memory.
The device packs a 4000 mAh battery and runs on the Android 9 based EMUI 9.1 OS. The Nova 5i equips a triple rear camera setup with a 24MP+16MP+2MP lens. On the front, it has a 16MP selfie camera.
Huawei Nova 4e
Huawei Nova 4e sports a 6.15-inch display with 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution. The device packs a 3340mAh battery along with a triple rear camera of 24MP+16MP+2MP. In the front, it has an 8MP selfie camera.
In terms of software, the Nova 4e comes pre-packed with EMUI 9.0 based on Android 9. It equips a Kirin 710 SoC with 4GB RAM and internal storage of 128GB.
Huawei Watch Fit 2 obtains August 2022 update
Huawei Watch Fit 2 started obtaining the new firmware update for the users in the home territory, this new August 2022 firm helps you to patch the security gap and give you an enhanced experience with the Watch Fit 2.
This smartwatch has a rectangular design for better comfort, it looks more fit and impressive in your hand. However, the company is keenly focusing on its advanced and sophisticated wearable models to bring up the newest software.
Yes, we are talking about this new August 2022 software update for the Huawei Watch Fit 2. The new version only brings the system stability and improvement for the devices to give an enhance and flawless working.
The update can be identified via HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 (C00M02) build version and with the 262MB of installation weight. With the hefty update weight, we can assume that the update brings something surprising for you in the contest of fixes and improvement.
We recommend you install this update as soon as possible to give a fresh start to your smartwatch. And it optimizes the update security and stability in a new way. The update currently circulating in the Chinese market.
HarmonyOS 3 for Huawei Watch Fit 2:
Huawei is working to release the new software for the devices, which is the HarmonyOS 3 version and so far many of the devices surfing its beta update including the Watch 3.
So we can assume that HaermonyOS 3 beta update will also be released for the Watch Fit 2 in the coming day. The assumption is going higher because the Huawei Watch Fit 2 is newly launched based on HarmonyOS 2 and will be eligible to get HarmonyOS 3 taste.
Notably, the HarmonyOS 3 update for the Watch Fit will release late but to be sure the owners will definitely receive it. Till then you will be satisfied with this new Huawei August 2022 optimization update for the Watch Fit 2 to enhance its working.
Huawei Mate X2 receiving HarmonyOS 3 beta update
Huawei Mate X2 device is recently spotted with the HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 beta version, which means users can now upgrade their device over the new normal HarmonyOS 3 build and explore the new artwork of Chinese tech maker.
Notably, Huawei started dispatching the HarmonyOS 3 beta build for the second batch of devices. So if you have registered for the HarmonyOS 3 beta process then your wait is over now. Just install via the Seetings>>Software & Update>> Software>>Tap check for the updates>> now download and install.
- Mate X2 (TET-AN00/TET-AN10)
- Mate X2 Collector’s Edition (TET-AN50)
- Mate X2 4G (TET-AL00)
HarmonyOS 3 beta version of Huawei Mate X2 is indicated through HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 build, which seems litter differs from the other beta adopted models. As the other devices get the HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124/104 version, where this foldable has a new build version.
But there’s no difference in the changelog, as spotted in our respected sources, the Huawei Mate X2 bears the same HarmonyOS 3 feature that was previously released for the other devices. Below you can check the changelog explained
Let’s discuss the changelog of the HarmonyOS 3 beta for the Mate X2
The HarmonyOS 3 adds the new interface for the Huawei Mate X2 device, which gives you a new and amazing look to redesign your tablet from software aspects. The new changes that your experience in the new interface are stackable, combinable, Smart folder, smart desktop layout, and Xiaoyi.
However, the super terminal and broadcast control center future for full scene smart life is also added to the changelog. While talking about the superframe game engine, then it improves energy consumption reduced by intelligently scheduling the CPU.
The most important aspect of any update, is the privacy, and security feature. The HarmonyOS 3 bring high-end security to the Mate X2 device. Notably, it added the privacy center that gives you application permission and the security center feature.
Click here to know more about the changelog: Read
HarmonyOS 3 beta is now live for Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 inch
The successor of Huawei HarmonyOS debuted in the market with many remarkable features that astounded a number of users that already experiencing its beta version, and now the Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8-inch 2021 users can install the HarmonyOS 3 beta version.
Yes! the Chinese tech giant has recently released the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta version for the Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8 tablet on the home ground. However, this latest version provides further zero-cost experience upgrades for the users.
Notably, the Huawei Mate Xs 2 (PAL-AL00), and Mate Xs 2 collection edition (PAL-AL00) adapted models are eligible to upgrade over the new normal HarmonyOS 3 beta.
Do note your device’s current version should be HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 to further upgrade over HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 build version.
HarmonyOS first batch rollout:
Huawei has successfully finished the first batch rollout for the HarmonyOS 3 beta 2 version, which is known through the 184.108.40.206 version. But here is an interesting thing, we noticed the second batch rollout for the devices, which include the Huawei MatePad Pro began collection of the second beta 2 build (220.127.116.11), which is actually the second beta version for the first batch devices.
If you first look, you might also be confused but the second batch devices receive the first beta update based on the second beta version. This means the MatePad Pro 10.8-inch users currently getting the first beta update.
Below you can check the changelog for the device:
- Stackable: you can view cards by swiping up and down, or by pulling down and then swiping left to delete, you can also drag to change the order of the cards or add them to the desktop.
- Combinable: You can combine cards of different sizes and application shortcuts into one. Cards and combined cards can be resized, and you can apply combined templates with a single click.
- Smart folder: There are additional sizes and styles available, and you can change the size by long-pressing the folder. You can always find the right one, no matter how much or how little you apply. Storage options, as well as more efficient use of desktop space
- Smart desktop layout: Kneading the desktop intelligently layouts the desktop, you can categorize applications and cards by color and function, and one-click selection generates a personalized desktop automatically.
- Xiaoyi: Xiaoyi recommends continuous wisdom upgrading and can dynamically recommend services or applications based on time, scene, location, and usage habits, among other things, providing you with a time-saving and convenient experience.
Full-scene smart life:
- Super terminal: Hyperterminal has been fully expanded to support more device types, various devices can be flexibly combined, interconnected, and coordinated, and devices with different Huawei IDs can also be quickly interconnected, allowing the benefits of each device to be freely invoked.
- Broadcast control center: Support for connecting two pairs of Bluetooth headphones at the same time has been added, for one song, two people can enjoy and listen to the beauty together, in addition, a multi-device broadcast control function has been added, which can conveniently control the music playback of nearby speakers through the mobile phone’s broadcast control center.
Performance and power consumption:
- Superframe game engine: The superframe game engine has been improved further, and energy consumption has been reduced by intelligently scheduling CPU and memory resources.
Privacy and security:
- Privacy center: Provides you with access to all application permissions in the General dashboard, as well as proactive privacy protection suggestions for potential risks You are aware that for all visits
- Security Center: You can check the security status of the current device or other devices with the same Huawei ID at any time, proactively assisting you in identifying problems and providing protection The device is said to be safer and more reliable.
- Visual Aid: Image description and text recognition functions have been added, which can report the characteristics and positions of people or objects recognized in the scene, the text content recognized in the reading environment, describing people appearing in the camera lens, and so on.
- Hearing Aid: Supports quick connection with hearing aids, You can quickly discover nearby hearing aid devices through Bluetooth and easily pair and connect. Added vocal enhancement function, which optimizes the sound by enhancing the clarity of the human voice in the environment, calls, and media to make the sound heard more clearly.