The newest Huawei MatePad 10.4 HarmonyOS feature update is rolling out with version 18.104.22.168(C432E220R1P2). On the flip side, it holds a package size that weighs up to 4.27 Gigabytes. Therefore, we recommend users opt for a standard Wi-Fi connection for the installation procedure.
Since the update is fetching the devices through the OTA medium. Hence it might take some while to approach all the eligible devices at one time. However, users might check the Settings menu in order to grab the update manually.
Simply navigate to the Settings menu. Select the Software Updates followed by System & Updates. Further, tap on the CHECK FOR UPDATES. Click on the Download & Install tab, once you find the update.
The new feature update introduces a bunch of new additions to the device. Consequently, these add-ons are regarding the intuitive interface, a cross-device control panel, and several other components of the device.
Let’s explore these features in more detail:
Innovation Interaction – HarmonyOS Home Screen
- Allows you to swipe up on app icons with widgets bars at the bottom to create service widgets that can be resized and dragged to a new position.
- Adds a quick launch bar at the bottom of the screen that gives you direct access to frequently used and recent apps.
- Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
- Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows, and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
- Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make it easier to access the apps inside.
Notification Panel and Control Panel
- Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts.
- Adds support for connections with HUAWEI FreeBuds 4 headphones (updated to the latest version) via Super Device to enable seamless cooperation between tablet and headphones.
Smart Life in All Scenarios – Cross-Screen Cooperation
- Improves the function of cross-screen cooperation.
- Adds support for cross-screen collaboration between tablets running HarmonyOS and computers running Windows.
- Allows you to drag and drop images as well as files between standalone systems.
- Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
- Adds the FreeScript and text editing features that allow you to convert the handwritten text in the text field to text input and use shortcuts to select or delete text and add or remove spaces.
- Adds the M-Pen Zone app, which allows you to easily search and download stylus-related apps.
- Adds a function that allows you to add cards or certificates by scanning, and adding watermarks to protect images.
- Adds a quick download shortcut for Celia Keyboard to the home screen. The app can be downloaded by tapping the shortcut.
NOTE: If the AppGallery app auto-update setting is set to On or Wi-Fi only, app updates will be downloaded and installed automatically when the network connection is good.
Optimized User Experience
- Improves the performance of operations such as tapping and swiping.
HarmonyOS 3.0 shuffles status bar icons, check comparison with HarmonyOS 2.0
Huawei is conducting HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta run on smartphones and the company has made some shuffling in the status bar icons of the software. Although, the exchange was minor but it says a lot about Huawei’s intention of making the OS perfect as it now looking into deeper roots and removing all of the weak angles.
Coming to the status bar shuffle, Huawei has changed the position of some icons from left to right in the HarmonyOS 3.0. For instance, the WiFi icons are now moved toward the right, while the clock has been shifted to the left along with the notification icon. There are also some icons that have been removed from the status bar, which are no longer required to show.
Comparing these changes to HarmonyOS 2.0.
HarmonyOS 2.0 has WiFi and notification icons on the left while keeping the rest of the icons on the right. As you can see, the clock has had been on the right side of the status bar.
The changes in position might be related to the feedback from consumers. However, it’s not a final image of the software. As it will continuously be improved on the road to begin public beta testing for more Huawei smartphone users.
Thereafter, feedback will further shape HarmonyOS 3.0 for the final release.
A week ago, Huawei began registration of HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta for the public Huawei smartphone users. This enables the phone owners to jump into the beta program stage and download the latest HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta firmware.
According to the information, Huawei is still registering smartphone owners in China for HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta testing until July 15. Hereafter, the company will continue to evaluate and send beta builds for the registered Huawei devices under the beta testing phase.
Currently, the Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta is began testing on the following models: P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, Mate 40, Mate 40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro 4G, Mate 40 Pro+, Mate 40 RS Porsche Design. Huawei tablet: MatePad Pro 12.6-inch 2021 model.
(via – Source)
Huawei May 2022 HarmonyOS update rolling for Honor 9X series
Honor 9X series which consists of the standard 9X model and the Pro variant is finally receiving the May 2022 security update. The update is rolling out in batches and will gradually expand among the corresponding device users.
The latest firmware is upgraded from the HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 version and appears as 126.96.36.199. Moreover, it is only compatible with specific models of the Honor 9X series. Hence, users must check the device version and model, before installing the update.
- Honor 9X (HLK-AL00)
- Honor 9X (HLK-AL00a)
- Honor 9X Pro (HLK-AL10)
Users holding Honor 9X series smartphones must note that apart from increasing the system security and stability, the latest May 2022 update does not mingle any new changes. Yet, it mends the common issues and exploits of the system, resulting in smooth functioning of the device.
- Incorporates May 2022 security patch that enhances system security.
How to Update Honor 9X Series?
Although the OTA update is on its way, you can try the manual trick to grab the software. Just go to the Settings, and click on the System & Updates. Further, tap on the Software Updates followed by the Check for Updates.
Let the phone connect to the server, and bring the latest update on the screen. To the available update, hit the Download and Install button. Thereafter, we recommend users let the system optimize the new application so that the device could run efficiently.
Honor 9X series
There isn’t much difference between the classic 9X and the Honor 9X Pro smartphone. Both the device features a 6.59-inch LCD panel and appeared with the Android 9 system on the consumer platform.
Besides, both smartphones sport a tri-cam plateau on the back side. This plateau gives space to a 48MP prime shooter, an 8MP ultrawide lens with a 120-degree angle, and a 2MP depth sensor. On the front side, the devices display a motorized pop-up camera of 16MP.
Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G gets June 2022 HarmonyOS update
The 5G capable smartphone – Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus has started grabbing a new software update that integrates the June 2022 security patch. The firmware is carrying the latest HarmonyOS version 188.8.131.52, updated from HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206.
According to the information, the new June 2022 update for Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus handset enhances the system security. Consequently, it shields the core structure of the device in order to protect it from minor bugs and issues.
Apart from these improvements, the update also increases the system stability and boosts the performance level of the device. Thus, making the smartphone system more comprehensive and responsive to the users.
Currently, the update is rolling out in batches, which indicates that it will take a long while to approach all the devices. In the meantime, users can try the manual method to reach the new update by navigating to the phone’s Settings, followed by System & Updates, and Software Updates.
Further, tap on the Check For Updates and wait for the phone to get the latest update for you. Thereafter, click on the Download & Install option, and continue the installation procedure.
Models receiving updates:
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G (FRL-AN00a)
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G (FRL-TN00)
New Software Detail:
- Latest Version: Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G users getting HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11
- Changelog: Updated to the security patch released in June 2022 for improved system security
Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G
The round-mounted camera smartphone featuring a 6.63-inch IPS LCD screen appeared in 4 shiny colorways. Showing a battery capacity of 4200mAh with fast charging of 40W, Enjoy 20 Plus has been an iconic model in the Enjoy lineup.
The device captures a 48MP primary lens, with an 8MP ultrawide shooter, and a 2MP macro sensor. On the front side, it packs a motorized pop-up selfie camera of 16 megapixels.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter