The company is distributing the EMUI 9.1 OS to other Huawei flagship phones. Now the new EMUI 9.1 update is rolling out for the Huawei Mate 20 series in China. The EMUI 9.1 update could come to global users anytime, don’t forget to check the HiCare app for the latest news update.
The software version of this update is EMUI 22.214.171.124, and it is available for the Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 RS Porsche Design, and Mate 20 X.
The latest update optimizes the camera anti-shake function to improve the video recording experience. It also fixed the camera flashback when you turn on the fun AR mode in some scenes. Additionally, it added the May 2019 security patch.
Huawei officially announced Android Q/EMUI 10 update for P30 series, Mate 20 series, Honor V20, and Magic 2 devices
January 2023 update out for global Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro
According to the information, the latest security patch brings improvements to the smartphone and software capability. On the other hand, the January 2023 security update with a build version of 126.96.36.1990 for the Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro.
However, there are no other major changes mentioned in the changelog. On the flip side, the January 2023 EMUI security patch fixes 4 issues in critical condition, 24 vulnerabilities in high mode, and 7 issues in the medium level. On the other hand, the security patch also includes fixes CVEs that were included in the December 2022 EMUI security updates.
Huawei has already seeded January 2023 security patch on EMUI 12 powered P50 Pro and the Nova 7 5G. Such software updates are essential to the smartphone and it’s suggested that the corresponding models download the latest available firmware.
Aside from the security patch, Huawei’s top flagship smartphones are waiting for the EMUI 13 software update, which is packed with new features. However, Huawei has not released any information on this matter.
How to update:
Huawei P40 series and Mate 40 Pro users can download the latest software update by visiting the software update section, opening up Settings > tapping on System & update > clicking Software updates > and CHECK FOR UPDATES.
You should know that this update will not delete your personal data and we suggest that you back up all important data before updating.
If you face any issues during the update, call the Huawei customer hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center. The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
Huawei P40 and Mate 40 Pro are one of the last Huawei flagships to feature 5G functionality. These Huawei phones will have to wait just a little bit longer to get the latest EMUI version.
(Via – Huaweiailesi)
EMUI 188.8.131.52 update for Honor Play 3e installs improvements
Huawei is rolling out an EMUI 184.108.40.206 update for the Honor Play 3e smartphone that comes with a number of new optimizations for a better user experience.
For your information, Honor Play 3e was launched in 2019 and it’s a handy device that is packed with a 5.71-inch screen with a hole punch design, a 3020mAh battery, a single rear 13MP camera, and a 5MP selfie camera.
Despite the fact that the phone is still running EMUI 9.1 and the company keeps on sending new software updates for the Honor Play 3e, which is quite impressive.
Honor Play 3e with model KSA-AL10 is getting a new software update with EMUI to build version 220.127.116.11, upgrading from EMUI 18.104.22.168. The changelog reveals that the phone is getting a new Petal Light Tour app as well as new network optimizations as well as system stability improvements for Honor Play 3e.
To be mentioned, this is not the only old smartphone to get these new improvements as there are other EMUI 9.1 devices incorporated with such ability.
Below you can check the changelog:
- Added a quick download icon for the Petal Light Tour app, click it to download and use it directly. Note: If the “Automatically update apps” in the app market is set to “On” or “Only under Wi-Fi”, it will be updated according to the network.
- Network conditions automatically download applications, no need to click)
- Optimize system stability in some scenarios.
Below you can check the update notes:
- Make sure you phone is not rooted. You can upgrade to EMUI 22.214.171.124 via OTA.
- This update is rolling out in batches and users who have not received it yet, please wait patiently.
- This update will not delete your data, but it is still recommended that you back up all important data to the PC or the cloud (please do not back up to the internal storage space of the phone) before the upgrade, and confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- After the upgrade, the system will perform self-optimization, which may cause the phone to generate some heat, fast power consumption, freezing, or slow charging. It will return to normal after 2-3 days. It is recommended to charge the phone with the screen off for over 2 hours after the upgrade is complete (it is best to charge it overnight with the screen off), and then restart the phone to ensure that the mobile phone application is quickly adapted.
- After the update is complete, the system will restart, please wait patiently for about five minutes.
Huawei FreeBuds SE gets new Bluetooth improvements
Huawei is rolling out a new software update for the FreeBuds SE earbuds in the global market, as this new firmware comes with Bluetooth improvements for a better connectivity experience.
According to the information, Huawei FreeBuds SE is getting a new firmware version 126.96.36.199, and an update package size of 0.99 megabytes. Huawei seeds this software to improve the connectivity experience between the phone and the earbuds, so you get interrupted from music listening.
Improved Bluetooth connection stability.
It was August 2022, when this pair of Huawei FreeBuds SE received its last software update including system stability and Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
It’s recommended for Huawei FreeBuds SE earbuds users download the latest firmware with important Bluetooth optimizations. To do so, visit the AI Life app and then select FreeBuds SE and check for the latest firmware. Note that the update package transfer may take some time.
Huawei FreeBuds SE:
This set of earbuds comes with a lightweight and semi-in-ear design that fits perfectly in your ear and reduces pressure on the ear canal. It has three different sizes of silicon ear tips.
FreeBuds SE provides a long-lasting battery that could stand up to 6 hours on a single charge and up to 24 hours with the charging box.
Huawei FreeBuds Se comes with smart features and gesture support such as double tap, and swipe for easy interaction.
(via – Huaweiailes)