Another good step by Huawei, the company has released EMUI 9.1 public beta update to the Mate 20 series, Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, and Mate 20 RS Porsche design. Yesterday, we reported that the company was working on issues with the EMUI 9.1 beta update. It seems those issues have fixed.
The public beta version is EMUI 188.8.131.52, and it is sent to users who have successfully registered for internal testing or beta version EMUI 184.108.40.206.
Model number details:
- Huawei Mate 20 full Netcom version HMA-AL00
- Huawei Mate 20 mobile customized version HMA-TL00
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro full Netcom version LYA-AL00, LYA-AL10
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro mobile customized version LYA-TL00
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche design LYA-AL00
- Huawei Mate 20 X Full Netcom version EVR-AL00
- Huawei Mate 20 X Mobile customized version EVR-TL00
In order to get this EMUI 220.127.116.11 public beta update, the Mate 20 series must have the following software versions – EMUI 18.104.22.168:
Huawei Mate 20 changelog:
- [Caller Video]
can set personalized video as a caller video show, so that your call is full of fun
- [Voice assistant]
smarter voice assistant, can wake up by voice Self-timer, slow-motion video, calorie recognition, encyclopedia, scan code, search and more
- [GPU Turbo 3.0]
Huawei GPU Turbo 3.0 graphics processing acceleration technology has added dozens of games to bring more games to more fun Experience
- [PC connection] After the
mobile phone establishes a connection with Huawei Matebook, it can realize the connection between the equipment, such as scrapbooking and screen sharing.
- [Setting the streamlined]
Streamlined redundant and complicated settings, providing you with more concise, easy to understand and easy Operation Settings
Payment Protection Center App Move to Settings Security and Privacy > Payment Protection Center
- Yellow Page Data, Number attribution, Business Card Template Auto Update Settings are merged into Data Auto Update Settings.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro / Mate 20 RS Porsche design / Mate 20 X changelog:
- [Video calls]
can be set up personalized video call as a video show, allowing you to Fun and full of
- [Voice assistant]
more intelligent voice assistant, can wake up selfie via voice, more features slow-motion video recording, identifying calories, encyclopedic knowledge of matter, scan code, search map and other
- [GPU Turbo 3.0]
Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 graphics processing acceleration technology has added dozens of games to bring more experience to more games.
- [PC connection] After the
mobile phone and Huawei Matebook are connected, it can realize the connection between the equipment, such as scrapbooking and screen sharing.
- [Setting Streamlined]
Streamline some redundant and complicated settings to provide you with more concise, easy to understand and easy to operate settings.
- Payment Protection Center App Moves to Settings Security and Privacy > Payment Protection Center
- Yellow Pages Data, Number attribution, Business Card Template The automatic update setting is merged into the data automatic update setting.
- [Interface display]
The function of displaying third-party application messages can be displayed in the new screen-out scenario.
Read carefully: Don’t believe everything you read on the web – I am saying, there are some tech blogs writing that the stable EMUI 9.1 update is available for the Mate 20 series – it is not correct in any case because the Mate 20 series is still on EMUI 9.1 beta.
Huawei MateBook X Pro 2022 to launch by end of July
Along with the Huawei Nova launch conference next month, the company is preparing to schedule another event namely the ‘Full-Scenario Flagship Product Launch’ nearby the end of July or in staring August. The event marks the launch of Huawei’s new MateBook X Pro 2022 notebook along with the most-awaited Huawei FreeBuds Pro 2.
The famous Weibo tipster ‘Pengpengjun arrival’ shared the info that the MateBook X Pro notebook and Huawei FreeBuds Pro 2 will not announce at the Nova 10 series launch conference which is about to be held on July 4.
Meanwhile, Huawei is preparing a separate’ full scenario flagship product launch conference’ to launch both the Huawei awaited products, user have not to wait long for a new Huawei office notebook and free buds.
Huawei MateBook X Pro 2022:
Previously, Huawei launched the MateBook X Pro 2022 packed with the Intel i5-1155G7 and i7-1195G7 of the 11-generation core. Meanwhile, the new upcoming MateBook X Pro comes with the updated feature, better functioning, and 100 percent accuracy. These notebooks are known for their sleek design and extra slim full-view display.
It features double the functionality compared with its predecessor. While talking about its display feature then it is equipped with a high screen ratio of 92.5 percent, 3120 x 2080 resolution wth 90 Hz refresh rate, and 500 nit brightness.
Its verbally expected that the new MateBook X Pro will come packed with a 12th generation Core series processor and in the design aspect, it remains unchanged.
Huawei FreeBuds Pro 2:
Huawei FreeBuds Pro 2’s hybrid noising technology includes inner and outer microphones that reduce noise by up to 47db. Earphones can also dynamically switch between different noise reduction modes depending on the amount of ambient noise. There are bone voice sensors that are claimed to provide better voice sharpness for voice calls.
Huawei launched two new P50 Pocket leather variants, opens pre-order
Today, Huawei has launched two new leather variants for the foldable P50 Pocket phone, as shown in the promo poster it has plain leather texture with gold and silver color schemes, which look so admirable and attractive.
Previously, Huawei announced to give the P50 Pocket a leather touch to redesign it in new ways to let you flip the world with a new angle, but now the company provides you not only one but two shades of color as mentioned above.
As per the info, both the new leather shades of the Huawei P50 Pocket are now launched and available for pre-order from today onwards and they will be officially released at the Huawei Nova 10 launch conference scheduled to hold on July 4.
So, guys if you are thinking to purchase Huawei P50 Pocket new leather color variant then just pre-order it now. As the company will officially release it on July 4, 2022, meanwhile you have a limited time period to pre-order it.
Huawei P50 Pocket:
Huawei’s latest foldable smartphone featured a 6.9-inch screen and 1.04-inch cover display with a 120Hz refresh rate. The Huawei P50 Pocket is packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor coupled with 8 and 12GB RAM and 256/512 of internal storage.
Notably, it has a large 4000mAh battery that supports a 40W super-fast charger, while taking about its camera then it has so amazing 40 MP True-Chrome Camera,13MP Ultra-Wide Angle Camera, and 32 MP Ultra Spectrum Camera. On the front side, the phone has a 10.7 MP selfie camera.
Huawei launches $1 million prize money app development contest: Apps Up 2022
Huawei has initiated its 2022 Global App Innovation Contents – Apps Up 2022. The winner will get total prize money of 1 million USD dollars. Huawei Apps Up 2022 contest will be held in different regions around the globe, including Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East & Africa, and China. However, there are various categories that the prize money has been distributed in for the winner.
There are multiple prizes that derived from the 1 million prize money are:
- Best app prize
- Best game
- Best social impact app
- Best HMS innovation award
- Tech women’s awards
- All scenario coverage award
- AppGallery rising star app
- Student innovation award
- Most popular app
That’s not it, Huawei will also praise app developers with outstanding portfolios and ideas outside of the app contest rules and will be provided with the following resources.
- AppGallery promotional resources
- 1 Serverless service voucher from AppGallery Connect
- Voucher for some paid HMS Core capabilities
Initially announced at Huawei Developer Conference 2020, the Apps Up developer contest to gather skilled developers around the globe to build Huawei’s app ecosystem. Since its announcement, the Apps Up program has helped Huawei to gather over 5.4 million developers and over 200,000 apps integrated Huawei Mobile Services Core library from over 170+ countries and regions.
Below you can check the schedule of the Apps Up 2022 contest:
01 – Registration & submission
- June 24–18:00 on October 9 (UTC+8)
02 – Preliminary
- October 10 – 24:00 on November 7 (UTC+8)
03 – Public review
- November 8– 24:00 on November 20 (UTC+8)
04 – Finals & award ceremony
- December (UTC+8)
Wang Yue, the President of Huawei Consumer Cloud Service Application Ecosystem BU.
For #AppsUP2022, the future of apps come down to how well it can make our lives easier.
Stay tuned to the future of smart apps https://t.co/empRzb1uSC #TogetherWeInnovate pic.twitter.com/5r38zyWtQH
— Huawei Developers (@Huawei_devs) June 24, 2022
Here you can check the registration and submission process:
Deadline: 18:00 on October 9, 2022 (UTC+8)
Create works that integrate HMS open capabilities or services, and submit entries on the contest’s official website.
1. After 20:00 on June 24, 2022 (UTC+8), sign in to HUAWEI Developers with a valid HUAWEI ID (register for a HUAWEI ID if you do not have one) and click Sign up. If you intend to be a team leader, click New team and enter the team’s details. If you intend to be a team member, click Join team and enter the name of the team you wish to join.
2. Create your works and integrate HMS open capabilities or services. For more information about these capabilities or services, please refer to Technologies and Resources on the HUAWEI Developers website.
3. Click Submit work on the contest details page, enter the app name, ID, and description, and upload attachments including APKs and app introduction documents. Teams that apply for the Tech Women’s Award must include scanned copies of their female developers’ identity documents in the attachments, while those who apply for the Student Innovation Award must include scanned copies of all the team leaders’ and members’ student ID cards, as well as other identity documents, in the attachments.
- The judging panel will review the submitted works, and select 30 works from each region for the public review and finals stages.
- Shortlisted works will be showcased for global promotion, on both the contest’s official website and AppGallery by midnight on November 20 (UTC+8). The public rating score for each work is based on the number of votes they receive.
- Each region will hold its own final in December. The judging panel will rank the 30 shortlisted works according to a comprehensive scoring formula, in which the judging panel, public rating, and HMS integration scores are added.
There’s a bunch of other information about this competition that you can read on the official Huawei developer’s website, read it here.