How to download Android Q beta on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Dear Huawei Mate 20 Pro users, you will be happy to know that you are eligible to test the third Android 10 Q Beta. You will feel unique because the Mate 20 Pro is the only Huawei device which will get the Android 10 Q beta 3, sorry Huawei P30 series users.
At Google I/O, Google has announced the third Beta release will bring Android Q to more devices than any previous Android beta has been available on before, like Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
To better adapt third-party apps to the Android Q system, and provide users with smooth third-party app experience, Huawei will recruit developers from around the world to work on Android Q for the Mate 20 Pro.
Audience: Global Android developers with a HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro
Applicant qualifications: To join this project, applicants should meet both the following conditions.
1. Released one or more apps on the Google Play Store.
2. Use a Huawei Mate 20 Pro mobile phone, with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s email. This email will be used later to log in to the Beta app. (Note: The email address will be verified by HUAWEI official team. The developer will be qualified and receive the OS test version after successfully verified.)
How to register for the Android Q beta update:
1. Open the following link using a Huawei Mate 20 Pro phone: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/fut/
Download and install the Beta app.
2. Log in to the app with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s e-mail and sign up for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Developer project.
Ownership of the phone:
Developers should use their own Mate 20 Pro phones. For details about the version number, please refer to the information below.
Duration of project:
May 8, 2019 – June 30, 2019 (GTM+8)
Developer version push:
After registration, the first version will be pushed on May 11, 2019 (GTM+8). The following versions will be pushed on every Tuesday and Thursday (GTM+8).
To find out if you are qualified to enter the project, you can go to the Personal menu in Beta app, select Join Project > Available projects > HuaweiMate20pro Beta project, and confirm that the Project status is “YOU HAVE JOINED THE PROJECT”.
If a developer finds any system problems or other issues during the test, he or she should submit feedback through the Beta app.
1. The testing version is a developer version and cannot be used for commercial purposes. Bugs or problems may occur during usage such as freezing, rebooting,updating failure, and etc. Please back up important data in advance, and exercise caution when updating to the latest version. The existing bugs and solutions will be updated continuously in the end of this thread.
2. If the phone version is restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, the system will continue to update following commercial versions.
3. The beta version is unstable and may contain bugs, causing data loss or other issues. Therefore, please do not use this version for personal use, and back up the phone data in advance.
4. Mate 20 Pro versions supported outside of China:
More versions might be added during the project.
5. Supported countries: Italy, Belgium, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, the Netherlands,Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Poland, Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Finland, Norway, Serbia, and Ukraine.
6. System update method: Update to the developer version through OTA.
7. The system can be restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, however all user data will be cleared in the process.
*Huawei reserves all rights related to this recruitment activity.
If you have any questions about the recruitment or about the beta version, please send an e-mail to: [email protected] or visit: https://www.google.com/android/beta for more details.
1. After you logged in with Google account in Set-up Wizard, the account login status might be displayed as “None” in multiple interfaces such as Settings.And the Google Play Store might ask you to login again when you launch it.
2. Google Maps cannot locate when launching for the first time.
3. Sharing picture feature might be unavailable after disabling location service.
4. Face recognition might be unstable.
5. Voice wake up might be unstable and cannot record voice command.
6. Gesture navigation might be unstable.
7. Fingerprint payment might be unsuccessful under certain scenarios.
8. The Camera app might encounter issues such as crash, black screen, incorrect watermark, and etc.
9. Message blocking might be ineffective, and the messages might be unable to be sent by third-party messaging apps.
10. VoLTE feature might be unavailable under certain scenarios.
More information will be added constantly in this thread. So remember to come and check out the latest news. Stay tuned!
Opple Lighting and Huawei signs cooperation agreement
Recently, China’s Opple Lighting and Huawei Cloud signed a comprehensive cooperation agreement. The two companies will combine Huawei Cloud technologies for cloud computing, smart IoT, AI, and digital transformation practices.
The criteria of this agreement are to carry out comprehensive cooperation in Opple Lighting’s digital transformation, smart stores, digital supply chain, and security construction to achieve complementary advantages.
Opple Lighting has made steady progress in the digital transformation of enterprises and achieved certain results.
In 2021, Opple Lighting will fully launch the transformation of digital intelligence and is committed to promoting the comprehensive digitalization of enterprises through the promotion of three major topics:
- Marketing digitalization
- Supply chain digitalization
- Digital operation
Currently, it has achieved continuous optimization of enterprise operating efficiency, the rapid growth of smart lighting-related business scale, promoted iterative upgrading of technological innovation and empowered high-quality development of enterprises.
Opple Lighting actively promotes the application of smart technologies such as cloud computing, IoT, AI, and AR in the park, and has basically adapted the amortization of fire protection applications and workshop management in the production base.
Among these, South China Park will see digital, intelligent, green, and low-carbon 5G smart park, inherit the smartness of the whole process, comprehensively improve the efficiency of the supply chain, and strive to become the industry benchmark for intelligent manufacturing.
In recent years, the rapid development of artificial intelligence has affected all walks of life.
Intelligent lighting has become the core component of the whole house intelligent system because of its high efficiency and compatibility, multi-scene coverage, automatic dimming, and atmosphere creation, and it has accelerated its integration into home life.
As a leading company in the lighting industry, Opple Lighting invests an average of more than 300 million yuan in research and development each year.
It has always regarded intelligent lighting as an important strategy for enterprise development and has won the National Key Laboratory, National Enterprise Technology Center, National High-tech Enterprise, and Zhongshan City Recognition of digital intelligent demonstration factory.
This cooperation between Huawei and Oppo Lighting is based on the professional capabilities to explore more possibilities for digitalization and intelligence to help enterprises develop in a win-win manner.
It also integrates the practical experience and technology of both parties over the years and fulfills the development mission.
In the future, Opple Lighting will work together with Huawei to create better industry solutions and provide consumers with intelligent, personalized, and high-quality smart home new experiences.
Moreover, Apple Lighting will continue to increase its exploration in the field of intelligence, build an open and interconnected home ecology with more partners in the smart ecosystem, empower the high-quality development of the industry with digital innovation, and continue to create value with light.
New Huawei flagship store with spaceship design revealed
Huawei officially confirmed that a new flagship store Wuhan Dream Times will open soon. This new Huawei flagship store has a unique “spaceship” shape to create a romantic sense of technology.
The flagship store has a very interesting feel of technology. There’s also an audio experience area, which is launched for the first time. This section will allow visitors to enjoy the concerts and songs privately.
The new spaceship shape Huawei flagship store has five major specialties. These include a cafe area with comfort for leisure inside. There’s also a sports section with various equipment and a health-inspiring environment.
The store also brings a one-stop service section, which will help people to resolve issues and get a repair for their devices including smartphones and others.
According to Huawei’s official website, the new Huawei flagship store Wuhan Dream Times Store is located at B101 and B201, Area B, Wushang Dream Times Square, No. 628 Wuluo Road, Wuchang District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province.
Its business hours are Monday to Thursday 10:00-21:30, Friday 10:00-22:00, Saturday 9:30-22:00, and Sunday 9:30-21:30.
During the recent Huawei Spring Flagship New Product Launch Conference, Huawei CBG CEO Yu Chengdong announced that the third largest Huawei flagship store in the country – Huawei Flagship Store Wuhan Dream Times will officially open on March 30.
It is in the middle of the “Wu Shang Meng Era” complex and it has a two-story design. It also displays Huawei’s latest technology and smart products. The store also comprises smart life scenarios such as smart travel, smart office, smart home, audio-visual entertainment, sports, and health.
Huawei decides new board of directors, check details
During a recent Huawei Investment Holdings labor union meeting, the company came to an election for a new board of directors. Also, Huawei CFO, Meng Wanzhou is elected to start her first rotating chairwoman tenure on April 1.
We’ll share all of the new board members and Huawei management as a part of Huawei’s future growth.
Huawei’s new board chairman and board members were elected by voting at the shareholder representative meeting. Subsequently, the company’s board of directors held a meeting and selected the vice chairman and executive director, and confirmed the attendance of the executive director.
Under the process, the Vice-Chairman and the Managing Director choose the Executive Board. Below are some of them
The board members include Liang Hua, Xu Zhijun, Hu Houkun, Meng Wanzhou, Wang Tao, Zhang Pingan, Yu Chengdong, Li Jianguo, He Tingbo, Zheng Liangcai, Ren Zhengfei, and more.
Huawei’s board of director consist of vice chairman Xu Zhijun, Hu Houkun, and Meng Wanzhou. These are the only three rotating chairmen of the company and each will serve 4 months’ tenure in a single year. Responsibilities are performed in turn in the following order:
- Meng Wanzhou: April 1, 2023 to September 30, 2023
- Hu Houkun: October 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024
- Xu Zhijun: From April 1, 2024 to September 30, 2024
Here are the members of the new Huawei Board of Directors:
Liang Hua, Xu Zhijun, Hu Houkun, Meng Wanzhou, Wang Tao, Zhang Pingan, Yu Chengdong, Li Jianguo, He Tingbo, Zheng Liangcai, Ren Zhengfei, Tao Jingwen, Bloomberg, Zha Jun, Hou Jinlong, Yang Chaobin, and Ying Weimin.
Let’s check Chairman, Vice Chairman, Executive Director, Attending Executive Director, and Director.
- Chairman: Liang Hua
- Vice Chairman: Xu Zhijun, Hu Houkun, Meng Wanzhou
- Executive Directors: Wang Tao, Zhang Pingan, Yu Chengdong, Li Jianguo
- Attending executive directors: He Tingbo, Zheng Liangcai
- Directors: Ren Zhengfei, Tao Jingwen, Bloomberg, Zha Jun, Hou Jinlong, Yang Chaobin, Ying Weimin
There are 11 alternate directors elected by the shareholder representative at the meeting: He Gang, Bai Yi, Cao Jibin, Zhou Hong, Bian Honglin, Jin Yuzhi, Lu Yong, Zou Zhilei, Jiang Yafei, Hu Kewen, and Wang Huanan.
Whenever there’s a requirement for a director, these alternate directors will fill in the blanks according to the company’s internal procedures.