Dear Huawei Mate 20 Pro users, you will be happy to know that you are eligible to test the third Android 10 Q Beta. You will feel unique because the Mate 20 Pro is the only Huawei device which will get the Android 10 Q beta 3, sorry Huawei P30 series users.
At Google I/O, Google has announced the third Beta release will bring Android Q to more devices than any previous Android beta has been available on before, like Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
To better adapt third-party apps to the Android Q system, and provide users with smooth third-party app experience, Huawei will recruit developers from around the world to work on Android Q for the Mate 20 Pro.
Audience: Global Android developers with a HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro
Applicant qualifications: To join this project, applicants should meet both the following conditions.
1. Released one or more apps on the Google Play Store.
2. Use a Huawei Mate 20 Pro mobile phone, with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s email. This email will be used later to log in to the Beta app. (Note: The email address will be verified by HUAWEI official team. The developer will be qualified and receive the OS test version after successfully verified.)
How to register for the Android Q beta update:
1. Open the following link using a Huawei Mate 20 Pro phone: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/fut/
Download and install the Beta app.
2. Log in to the app with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s e-mail and sign up for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Developer project.
Ownership of the phone:
Developers should use their own Mate 20 Pro phones. For details about the version number, please refer to the information below.
Duration of project:
May 8, 2019 – June 30, 2019 (GTM+8)
Developer version push:
After registration, the first version will be pushed on May 11, 2019 (GTM+8). The following versions will be pushed on every Tuesday and Thursday (GTM+8).
To find out if you are qualified to enter the project, you can go to the Personal menu in Beta app, select Join Project > Available projects > HuaweiMate20pro Beta project, and confirm that the Project status is “YOU HAVE JOINED THE PROJECT”.
If a developer finds any system problems or other issues during the test, he or she should submit feedback through the Beta app.
1. The testing version is a developer version and cannot be used for commercial purposes. Bugs or problems may occur during usage such as freezing, rebooting,updating failure, and etc. Please back up important data in advance, and exercise caution when updating to the latest version. The existing bugs and solutions will be updated continuously in the end of this thread.
2. If the phone version is restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, the system will continue to update following commercial versions.
3. The beta version is unstable and may contain bugs, causing data loss or other issues. Therefore, please do not use this version for personal use, and back up the phone data in advance.
4. Mate 20 Pro versions supported outside of China:
More versions might be added during the project.
5. Supported countries: Italy, Belgium, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, the Netherlands,Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Poland, Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Finland, Norway, Serbia, and Ukraine.
6. System update method: Update to the developer version through OTA.
7. The system can be restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, however all user data will be cleared in the process.
*Huawei reserves all rights related to this recruitment activity.
If you have any questions about the recruitment or about the beta version, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: https://www.google.com/android/beta for more details.
1. After you logged in with Google account in Set-up Wizard, the account login status might be displayed as “None” in multiple interfaces such as Settings.And the Google Play Store might ask you to login again when you launch it.
2. Google Maps cannot locate when launching for the first time.
3. Sharing picture feature might be unavailable after disabling location service.
4. Face recognition might be unstable.
5. Voice wake up might be unstable and cannot record voice command.
6. Gesture navigation might be unstable.
7. Fingerprint payment might be unsuccessful under certain scenarios.
8. The Camera app might encounter issues such as crash, black screen, incorrect watermark, and etc.
9. Message blocking might be ineffective, and the messages might be unable to be sent by third-party messaging apps.
10. VoLTE feature might be unavailable under certain scenarios.
More information will be added constantly in this thread. So remember to come and check out the latest news. Stay tuned!
5.5G increase network capacity by 10 times: Huawei
Recently, Huawei wireless network product line general manager Gao Quanzhong participated at IOTE·2021 in Shenzhen and speakers about the 5.5G network, benefits, current status, and future possibilities.
According to the information, the International High-precision Positioning Technology and Application Innovation Summit Forum was conducted on 24th October. The industrial leaders and invited guests deliver several keynotes about the network technology, problems, and future scopes.
At the event, Manager Gao stated that the global 5GtoB industry development is moving towards its peak with a steady growth rate. Currently, more than 20 different industries have adopted the 5G network while over 10,000 applications have been developed.
Going with the speech, the Huawei manager noted that the iteration of the mobile communication network is developing with each decade. In addition, each network depends on its corresponding bandwidth spectrum to provide a strong network connection in the era.
Gao Quanzhong further explains, alongside the network speed, the positioning accuracy also increases by ten folds in each generation till 5G. In this line, the soon-to-frozen 3GPP R17 standard is expected to achieve 0.5-meter positioning accuracy.
To say so, we have reached so far from the 2G network generation that the communication network has been advanced to cross thousands of miles in a few minutes. Thanks to the 5G, we are hoping to reach more heights.
Furthermore, the 5.5G will bring a ten-fold increase in network capacity alongside the centimeter-level positioning accuracy and the terminal standby. The report shows the terminal standby time will improve by more than two years.
Huawei 5.5G: Previous Reports
On this matter, Huawei previously stated to bring 5.5G between 2025 and 2030. The company wants to provide its consumers with a network capacity that can deliver Gbps downlink at a low latency as low as 5ms.
In addition, it will be able to support the sub-100GHz full frequency band with more advanced benefits over the 5G network. In previous reports, the Chinese firm also highlighted six areas that’ll be enhanced by the 5.5G, it includes-
- Spectrum reconstruction
- Uplink enhancement
- Full scenario IoT
- L4 autonomous driving network
- Green and low carbon
Huawei launched All-optical Autonomous Driving Network White Paper
At the 7th Global Ultra-Broadband Fixed Forum (UBBF 2021), Huawei launched the first “All-optical Autonomous Driving Network White Paper“. Huawei NCE Optical Network Marketing Director Wang Jinping elaborates this white paper document.
This forum was conducted in Dubai under the theme of “Connect +, New Growth”. At the vent, Director Wang stated driverless driving is not only creating a new experience but bringing a quality connection also.
He further mentions the all-optical network is the cornerstone of the entire communication network to the extent that it has become an industry consent. Speaking about Huawei’s goal, he said the company wants to build an efficient, safe, and green all-optical autonomous driving network, that will satisfy the following standards-
- Contactless operation
- Spontaneous response
- Zero failure
In addition, these high-quality services will lead the entire industry towards joint development. Apart from the director Wang, the research director from a well-known consulting firm- Omdia also shared his thoughts about the all-optical network.
Meanwhile, the Huawei director emphasizes that the company’s autonomous driving strategy is a scenario-based solution in the industry. Furthermore, enhancing the network element and network layer is bringing more intelligence to the single-domain autonomy.
Let’s discuss the various aspects of the Autonomous Driving Network White Paper of Huawei-
Huawei Autonomous Driving Network Doc: White Paper Release
There are three aspects of this network solution that can improve the capabilities of the current all-optical autonomous driving network. You can scroll down to check all three points-
According to Huawei NCE Director, dumb resources for the optical fibers and cables are major issues in the current all-optical network industry. Thereby the all-optical autonomous driving network solution introduces pre-connection and optical iris technology innovation in the network element layer.
This arrangement combines the image recognition and big data analysis and diagnosis capabilities of the iMaster NCE intelligent management and control system. Thus, the network layer is able to improve its capacities in the following aspects-
- ODN Topology Restoration
- Accurate Fault Detection
- Accurate Resource Visual Management
- Predict Slow-Changing Faults
- Achieve Business Risk Investigation
End-to-End Home Broadband Experience:
The E2E home broadband experience guarantees a high-quality digital life experience and simultaneously solves WiFi-related problems. It aims to resolve 90% of faults originating from customer complaints that include installation and maintenance problems.
The network has achieved 30% of fault door-to-door and 60% of fault location time. In addition, it delivers a high-quality home broadband service experience after solving the root cause of the problem.
Huawei Digital Energy Ecology Conference published the postponement
On 25th October, Huawei officially published the postponement announcement for the Huawei Digital Energy Ecology Conference. The company explains, due to the recent global pandemic, the original plan has been delayed further.
In addition, the reason is to control the present situation and strengthen the safety measurements for the participants. The company officially address the partners and participants to inform them about the delay.
The company also apologized to the guest for creating such inconvenience who were waiting for this event. And, also wants to show continued support for the company.
According to the information, Huawei Digital Energy Conference was planned for the 4th and 5th of November in Beijing, China. However, the company hasn’t mentioned the further plan but it’ll soon publish a separate notice to inform about the new plan.
Regards this matter the local media reveals, the current domestic epidemic is bouncing in the company. The company doesn’t want to create any risk in Beijing thereby suspending the event for now.
There is a high possibility that it can be conducted via online platforms, yet we have to wait for the official words. Besides, this Chinese tech recently concluded the Global Digital Power Summit in Dubai.
2021 Global Digital Power Summit:
Huawei recently participated in the Global Digital Power Summit on 16th October in Dubai. Carbon Neutrality was the theme of the event witnessed by many industry leaders of China, Dubai, and various other technical fields.
At the conference, the discussion revolves around the next industrial trends including AI, Cloud, and Big Data. The leaders are committed to developing a low-carbon smart society to bring an ultimate and greener future for everyone.
At present, we are looking forward to the company successfully holding the Digital Energy Conference and confronting new technologies and ideas in the field of digital and ecological energy.