Dear Huawei Mate 20 Pro users, you will be happy to know that you are eligible to test the third Android 10 Q Beta. You will feel unique because the Mate 20 Pro is the only Huawei device which will get the Android 10 Q beta 3, sorry Huawei P30 series users.
At Google I/O, Google has announced the third Beta release will bring Android Q to more devices than any previous Android beta has been available on before, like Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
To better adapt third-party apps to the Android Q system, and provide users with smooth third-party app experience, Huawei will recruit developers from around the world to work on Android Q for the Mate 20 Pro.
Audience: Global Android developers with a HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro
Applicant qualifications: To join this project, applicants should meet both the following conditions.
1. Released one or more apps on the Google Play Store.
2. Use a Huawei Mate 20 Pro mobile phone, with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s email. This email will be used later to log in to the Beta app. (Note: The email address will be verified by HUAWEI official team. The developer will be qualified and receive the OS test version after successfully verified.)
How to register for the Android Q beta update:
1. Open the following link using a Huawei Mate 20 Pro phone: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/fut/
Download and install the Beta app.
2. Log in to the app with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s e-mail and sign up for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Developer project.
Ownership of the phone:
Developers should use their own Mate 20 Pro phones. For details about the version number, please refer to the information below.
Duration of project:
May 8, 2019 – June 30, 2019 (GTM+8)
Developer version push:
After registration, the first version will be pushed on May 11, 2019 (GTM+8). The following versions will be pushed on every Tuesday and Thursday (GTM+8).
To find out if you are qualified to enter the project, you can go to the Personal menu in Beta app, select Join Project > Available projects > HuaweiMate20pro Beta project, and confirm that the Project status is “YOU HAVE JOINED THE PROJECT”.
If a developer finds any system problems or other issues during the test, he or she should submit feedback through the Beta app.
1. The testing version is a developer version and cannot be used for commercial purposes. Bugs or problems may occur during usage such as freezing, rebooting,updating failure, and etc. Please back up important data in advance, and exercise caution when updating to the latest version. The existing bugs and solutions will be updated continuously in the end of this thread.
2. If the phone version is restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, the system will continue to update following commercial versions.
3. The beta version is unstable and may contain bugs, causing data loss or other issues. Therefore, please do not use this version for personal use, and back up the phone data in advance.
4. Mate 20 Pro versions supported outside of China:
More versions might be added during the project.
5. Supported countries: Italy, Belgium, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, the Netherlands,Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Poland, Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Finland, Norway, Serbia, and Ukraine.
6. System update method: Update to the developer version through OTA.
7. The system can be restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, however all user data will be cleared in the process.
*Huawei reserves all rights related to this recruitment activity.
If you have any questions about the recruitment or about the beta version, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com or visit: https://www.google.com/android/beta for more details.
1. After you logged in with Google account in Set-up Wizard, the account login status might be displayed as “None” in multiple interfaces such as Settings.And the Google Play Store might ask you to login again when you launch it.
2. Google Maps cannot locate when launching for the first time.
3. Sharing picture feature might be unavailable after disabling location service.
4. Face recognition might be unstable.
5. Voice wake up might be unstable and cannot record voice command.
6. Gesture navigation might be unstable.
7. Fingerprint payment might be unsuccessful under certain scenarios.
8. The Camera app might encounter issues such as crash, black screen, incorrect watermark, and etc.
9. Message blocking might be ineffective, and the messages might be unable to be sent by third-party messaging apps.
10. VoLTE feature might be unavailable under certain scenarios.
More information will be added constantly in this thread. So remember to come and check out the latest news. Stay tuned!
Huawei and other tech makers introduced new rule for app shaking issues
Huawei and some other tech giants have jointly released a new rule that can help with app-shaking issues. Alongside the solution, the new rule will also improve the user experience with the third-party applications on the device.
To those who are unaware, app shake is a very convenient feature to use. With a simple shaking gesture on your phone, you can launch any app and start using it without touching the home screen. All you have to do is allow some settings for the particular app.
So far, the App shake function remained at the top of the feature section. It has provided a rich experience to consumers and has enhanced the way of using an application on a smart gadget.
Although in addition to many positive roles of the respective function, there are some negative points as well. Sometimes, the shake function becomes too sensitive for a few third-party apps. As a result, the apps get open even at a slight jerk or movement.
Moreover, it automatically leads to the advertisement page. Thus, users often get disturbed by such activities on their handsets due to the app-shaking function.
A solution to App Shaking Issue
To end the app-shaking issues Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, Alibaba, the China Academy of Information and Technology and many other companies come together and formulated a new rule.
This rule comes under the “App User Rights Protection Evaluation Specification Part 7: Deception, Misleading and Compulsive Behaviour” (T/TAF 078.7-2022)
According to this rule, tech makers will make amendments to phone manufacturing. Consequently, the shaking function will be timed for 15m/s2. Meanwhile, the rotation angle of the screen should be at least 35 degrees. The shaking action should only take place for 3 seconds.
The rule officially came into existence on November 25, 2022. Apart from these tweaks, there aren’t many details about the respective rule and its specifications. However, how the new segments will use and run users’ data and security aspects is still to question to answer.
Let’s see what new changes will the giant manufacturers will bring in their devices in the time ahead.
Download Google Play Store 33.4.09 app
Google is rolling out the 33.4.09 version for Android smartphone users. The new Google Play Store update has a number of new improvements and you should download the 33.4.9 version as a priority to get them all.
Why? Because, Google rolled out the December 2022 Play System Update that brings a lot of new capabilities, improvements, and optimizations for Play Store with version 33.4.9.
The new update will bring a new feature that will help you find better apps and games based on your interest. However, there’s more that has been added to improve your app discovery.
It further optimizes the app play store to improve its performance for a fast and reliable download and installation process as compared to before.
That’s not it, Google is seeding new improvements to Play Store to enhance its security for Android devices. However, there’s not much information revealed on the matter.
In addition, there are new improvements made to optimize stability and provide bug fixes, security, and accessibility. These are big updates and improve the user experience.
We’re about to close this year, and Google Play’s best of 2022 is here.
Dream by WOMBO won’t be the best app award on the Play Store for 2022, it’s an AI-generated art creation app that you can use to create art from just a quick text description.
Meanwhile, Apex Legends Mobile took the best game award for 2022. BeReal and Apex Legends Mobile won the users’ choice awards.
However, there are more winners, these include PetStar as best for fun, Breathwrk for best for personal growth. Plant Parent has been selected for Best Everyday Essentials, Hidden Gems goes to Recover Athletics, and Best Apps for Good received by The STIGMA App.
Moving on, the best for wear, tablets and Chromebook goes to Todoist, Pocket, and BandLab respectively.
Coming to the games, Dislyte won the best multiplay, Angry Birds Journey tops the best pick up and play, and best indies go to Dicey Dungeons. Check the complete awards and honorable mentions here.
Here you can download the latest Google Play Store 33.4.09 for your device.
- Download Google Play Store 33.4.09 (Link)
Huawei Mate X2 5G returns online with refurbished models, sale begins
Huawei is bringing back the refurbished Mate X2 5G devices to the sale platform. As per the latest information, the company has availed the Mate X2 folding phones on the official Huawei mall (Vmall) online shopping website.
A week ago, Huawei has removed the Mate X2 smartphones from its official shopping channel. Later on, users caught the headlines that the respective folding device is available to purchase, but at third-party offline stores.
But no more hustle and bustle! Now you can buy the Huawei Mate X2 5G refurbished version from the well-known Vmall channel. Though there is no change in the pricing and you can attain the device for 17,499 yuan [2468.54 USD].
It’s worth mentioning that the refurbished Huawei Mate X2 8GB + 256GB packaging comprises brand-new accessories. In other words, the device will offer a newly-device experience to its users.
On the flip side, the device will also welcome Huawei services and one-year warranty facilities just like any other new handset. Thus, we recommend taking your steps on the official Huawei Mall and checking on the device.
Huawei Mate X2
Huawei Mate X2 is a classic and outstanding folding phone in the foldable market. The device exhibits two screens: an 8-inch and a 6.45-inch with a 90Hz refresh rate.
The phone is mainly popular for the Kirin 9000 5G chipset, equipped on its surface. The dynamic processor enables the device to provide high-efficient performance and functioning management to consumers.
Apart from the high-end chip, the device packs a 4500mAh battery that supports 55W super fast charging. Moreover, the foldable also carries an iconic camera hood on its panel and brings out a comprehensive photography experience.
So Huawei fans here is your chance to grab the Huawei Mate X2 smartphone. The sale will begin tonight at 20:00 and you can get your device from the official Huawei Mall (Vmall) website.