Dear Huawei Mate 20 Pro users, you will be happy to know that you are eligible to test the third Android 10 Q Beta. You will feel unique because the Mate 20 Pro is the only Huawei device which will get the Android 10 Q beta 3, sorry Huawei P30 series users.
At Google I/O, Google has announced the third Beta release will bring Android Q to more devices than any previous Android beta has been available on before, like Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
To better adapt third-party apps to the Android Q system, and provide users with smooth third-party app experience, Huawei will recruit developers from around the world to work on Android Q for the Mate 20 Pro.
Audience: Global Android developers with a HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro
Applicant qualifications: To join this project, applicants should meet both the following conditions.
1. Released one or more apps on the Google Play Store.
2. Use a Huawei Mate 20 Pro mobile phone, with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s email. This email will be used later to log in to the Beta app. (Note: The email address will be verified by HUAWEI official team. The developer will be qualified and receive the OS test version after successfully verified.)
How to register for the Android Q beta update:
1. Open the following link using a Huawei Mate 20 Pro phone: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/fut/
Download and install the Beta app.
2. Log in to the app with a HUAWEI ID registered by the Google Play Developer account’s e-mail and sign up for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Developer project.
Ownership of the phone:
Developers should use their own Mate 20 Pro phones. For details about the version number, please refer to the information below.
Duration of project:
May 8, 2019 – June 30, 2019 (GTM+8)
Developer version push:
After registration, the first version will be pushed on May 11, 2019 (GTM+8). The following versions will be pushed on every Tuesday and Thursday (GTM+8).
To find out if you are qualified to enter the project, you can go to the Personal menu in Beta app, select Join Project > Available projects > HuaweiMate20pro Beta project, and confirm that the Project status is “YOU HAVE JOINED THE PROJECT”.
If a developer finds any system problems or other issues during the test, he or she should submit feedback through the Beta app.
1. The testing version is a developer version and cannot be used for commercial purposes. Bugs or problems may occur during usage such as freezing, rebooting,updating failure, and etc. Please back up important data in advance, and exercise caution when updating to the latest version. The existing bugs and solutions will be updated continuously in the end of this thread.
2. If the phone version is restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, the system will continue to update following commercial versions.
3. The beta version is unstable and may contain bugs, causing data loss or other issues. Therefore, please do not use this version for personal use, and back up the phone data in advance.
4. Mate 20 Pro versions supported outside of China:
More versions might be added during the project.
5. Supported countries: Italy, Belgium, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, the Netherlands,Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Poland, Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Finland, Norway, Serbia, and Ukraine.
6. System update method: Update to the developer version through OTA.
7. The system can be restored to the commercial version through HiSuite, however all user data will be cleared in the process.
*Huawei reserves all rights related to this recruitment activity.
If you have any questions about the recruitment or about the beta version, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: https://www.google.com/android/beta for more details.
1. After you logged in with Google account in Set-up Wizard, the account login status might be displayed as “None” in multiple interfaces such as Settings.And the Google Play Store might ask you to login again when you launch it.
2. Google Maps cannot locate when launching for the first time.
3. Sharing picture feature might be unavailable after disabling location service.
4. Face recognition might be unstable.
5. Voice wake up might be unstable and cannot record voice command.
6. Gesture navigation might be unstable.
7. Fingerprint payment might be unsuccessful under certain scenarios.
8. The Camera app might encounter issues such as crash, black screen, incorrect watermark, and etc.
9. Message blocking might be ineffective, and the messages might be unable to be sent by third-party messaging apps.
10. VoLTE feature might be unavailable under certain scenarios.
More information will be added constantly in this thread. So remember to come and check out the latest news. Stay tuned!