Huawei keeps on pushing new and bashing products for its users. Whether we talk about the hardware or the software, the company has given out some of the best fruits to the consumer market. Talking about the most recent one, Huawei has induced the HarmonyOS 3.0 with some tempting features and has even begun the beta activity for eligible devices.
As for the features, HarmonyOS 3.0 has a huge packet of surprising elements. On touring the feature list, you will find several thoughtful tools that make daily task completion more efficient and productive. Moreover, it allows you to customize your device’s home screen accordingly and provides a better user interface.
The list does not end here. HarmonyOS 3.0 also brings some dynamic components that make your life more smart and comprehensive. This can be understood with the Super Device feature. that the latest HarmonyOS version keenly focuses on.
As a result, users can easily interconnect and collaborate with other Huawei devices. Besides, they can perform multiple actions without confronting any lags or hindrances. Apart from the features section, there are several more things to explore about the new software.
HarmonyOS 3.0 – Beta Update Headlines
Though the company has recently brought the latest software to its users. Yet, the development process has begun quite earlier. Notably, in the past few weeks, we have gone through a bunch of headlines regarding the beta adaptation process of HarmonyOS 3.0.
With the launch of the new version on July 27, Huawei has also announced the beginning of the beta program for some of the flagship models. However, the Chinese tech maker has already pushed off the first developer update of HarmonyOS 3.0 for the standard P50 handsets.
Thereafter, the company stepped towards the wearable section and rolled out the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta for the Huawei Watch 3 series. At the same time, it also made the announcement of the beta adaptation process for some of the flagship models.
In short, there is a lot more to cover in the latest HarmonyOS 3.0 aspect. Hence, below is the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta tracker that will inform you about the beta testings of the devices.
Huawei HarmonyOS 3.0 Beta Updates
August 23, 2022 – First Beta Update for Smart Screens
- Huawei has started pushing off the first HarmonyOS 3.0 beta package for the Smart Screen V series. The series comprises V55 2021, V65 2021, V75 2021, and V85 2021 models. Check the full changelog HERE.
August 17, 2022 – First Beta for MatePad Devices
- Huawei is rolling out the first HarmonyOS 3.0 beta update for the MatePad 11 users. The latest build will redesign your large screen with numerous new features and give you a fresh start on your tablet.
- Huawei MatePad Pro 10.8-inch 2021 users can now install the first beta update of HarmonyOS 3.0 and can enjoy the first glimpse of the exclusive features.
August 16, 2022 – First Beta Update for Second Batch of Devices
- Huawei has finally released the standard HarmonyOS 3.0 beta update for the Mate Xs 2 and Mate X2 foldable smartphones to make them more compatible with the new functions.
- Huawei has enlisted the P50E smartphone in the second batch of HarmonyOS 3.0 beta devices. Now the company has begun rolling out the first beta update for the respective devices.
- Huawei begins releasing the major HarmonyOS 3 beta update for the Huawei Mate 40E smartphones, right after accomplishing the second HarmonyOS 3 beta 2 rollout for the first batch of devices. Read More
- Huawei has started rolling out the first HarmonyOS 3.0 beta update for its second batch of devices. These devices include the foldable Mate X series, Huawei P50E, MatePad devices, and smart screens.
August 12, 2022 – Second Beta Update
- Huawei has started rolling out the second beta update of HarmonyOS 3.0 for the P50 series, Mate 40 series, Huawei P50 Pocket, and the Huawei MatePad Pro 12.6.
August 10, 2022 – Second Batch Devices
- Huawei notified that they started the HarmonyOS 3.0 adaptation process for some of the Mate series, P series, tablets, and Huawei Smart screens. Check the full device list HERE.
July 30, 2022 – First Beta Update
- Huawei has started pushing off the first beta firmware for the Huawei P50 Pocket, P50 series, and Mate 40 series.
July 28, 2022 – Watch Beta Update
- The Chinese manufacturer is rolling out the first HarmonyOS 3.0 beta update for the Watch 3 series. This update carries a bunch of alluring features for the device. Read More
July 27, 2022 – First Beta Batch
- Huawei has opened HarmonyOS 3.0 early adopter program for P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pro Collector’s Edition, P50 Pocket, P50 Pocket Custom Edition, Mate 40, Mate 40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro 4G, Mate 40 Pro+, Mate 40 RS, Smart Screen V65 Pro, Smart Screen V75 Pro, MatePad Pro 12.6 2021.
- Huawei has announced the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta adaptation program for some of its premium handset models – the Huawei Mate 40 series, the P50 series, and the P50 Pocket.
July 25, 2022 – First Developer Beta Update
- Huawei has pushed off the HarmonyOS 3.0 developer update for the flagship model of the P series – Huawei P50.
July 06, 2022 – Close and Public Beta
- Huawei has released the program notes for HarmonyOS 3.0 closed and public beta testing. This announcement aims to inform consumers regarding the upcoming HarmonyOS testings.
June 15, 2022 – Developer Beta
- Huawei has opened HarmonyOS 3.0 developer beta for public smartphone owners of Huawei P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pocket, Mate 40, Mate 40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro 4G, Mate 40 Pro+, Mate 40 RS, and MatePad Pro 12.6-inch 2021.
- Huawei has officially announced HarmonyOS 3.0 developer internal testing for public users. This opportunity will allow consumers to install and test HarmonyOS 3.0 on their devices and test the developer beta version of the software ahead of general public testing
Check Xiaomi Mi 6 ported with HarmonyOS [Video]
Open source HarmonyOS, OpenHarmony is making good progress in the Chinese smartphone market and its open source capability is allowing people to experiment on old non-Huawei and low specs devices, such as Xiaomi Mi 6.
An OpenHarmony developer uploaded a video on the Chinese video-sharing platform Bilibili and showed how he ported OpenHarmony onto a Mi 6 smartphone. Interestingly, the OpenHarmony boot up successfully.
The developer didn’t reveal much of the information but confirmed that the touch unit didn’t work up, while the home screen has been loaded successfully.
The developer also shared a guide to port OpenHarmony old devices.
To confirm that the ported device can be unlocked and flashed and it has a third-party recovery similar to TWRP to facilitate flashing. The OpenHarmony kernel is based on the standard Linux 5.10 kernel, and 4.19 is no longer supported. During the installation, the device needs to have the kernel source code of 5.10 or above, the developer needs to confirm that the device driver source code and firmware can be obtained, and related stuff.
In addition, to open-source HarmonyOS, Xiaomi Mi 6 phones have previously supported flashing into the Windows 11 ARM system.
Launched in 2017, Mi Phone 6 is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset, a 5.15-inch 1080p resolution, 4/6GB RAM + 64/128GB storage. It has a built-in 3350mAh battery, It supports 18W fast charging.
On the other hand, the rear dual camera has a 12-megapixel telephoto lens and a 12-megapixel wide-angle lens that supports 2x optical zoom and four-axis anti-shake. On the front end, you get an 8-megapixel camera. Additionally, Mi 6 is waterproof, has multi-function NFC, supports WeChat and Alipay fingerprint payment, and uses 2×2 dual-way WiFi for network, supports dual card dual standby.
HarmonyOS ported Xiaomi MI6 pic.twitter.com/FowoY7Qbjo
— Deng Li (@MrDengLi) February 1, 2023
These 74 Huawei devices installed HarmonyOS 3 [List]
Today, Huawei shared details about 74 devices that installed HarmonyOS 3 operating system via OTA update. On the other hand, the tech maker also shared a lineup of models that will grab this major software version in 2023.
As of January 31, 2023, Huawei has upgraded an overall 74 devices with HarmonyOS 3. This includes 62 devices with stable versions, 1 with the public beta, and 11 devices just began their closed beta journey.
HarmonyOS 3 comes with a variety of new upgrades over HarmonyOS 2. These are smart folders with new layout options, better animations, service widget stacking, and grouping capability. On the other hand, HarmonyOS 3 also enhances the device’s security and privacy sections.
Here are the devices with HarmonyOS 3:
P50, P50 Pro, P50 Pro Collector’s Edition, P50E, P50 Pocket, P50 Pocket Art Custom Edition, Mate Xs 2, Mate Xs 2 Collector’s Edition, Mate X2, Mate X2 4G, Mate X2 Collector’s Edition, Mate 40, Mate 40 Pro 4G, Mate 40 Pro, Mate 40 Pro+, Mate 40 RS Porsche Design Collector’s Edition, Mate 40 RS Porsche Design, Mate 40E, Mate 40E Pro, Mate 40E 4G, P40, P40 4G, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+, Nova 10, Nova 10 Pro, Nova 9, Nova 9 Pro, Nova 8, Nova 8 Pro 5G, Nova 8 Pro 4G, Mate 30, Mate 30 5G, Mate 30 Pro, Mate 30 Pro 5G, Mate 30 RS Porsche Design, Mate 30E Pro 5G, Mate Xs, MatePad Pro 12.6 2021, MatePad 11, MatePad Pro 10.8 2021, MatePad Pro 10.8, MatePad Pro 5G 10.8, MatePad 10.8, Smart Screen V75 Pro, Smart Screen V65 Pro, Smart Screen V98, Smart Screen V75 Super, Smart Screen V85 2021, Smart Screen V75 2021, Smart Screen V65 2021, Smart Screen V55 2021, Sound X NEW, Sound X 2021, Sound Joy, AI Speaker 2e, Nova 9 SE, Watch 3, Watch 3 Pro, Nova 7 5G, Nova 7 Pro 5G, Nova 6 and Nova 6 5G and Huawei MatePad 10.4 2022 special edition.
Active Closed Beta:
Huawei P30, P30 Pro, Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 RS, Mate 20 X, Mate 20 X 5G, Nova 5 Pro, Mate X, Enjoy 50 Pro.
Below you can check all of the devices that will upgrade to HM OS 3 in 2023.
Huawei devices – Q1, 2023:
Huawei P20, Huawei nova 8 SE, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei nova 8 SE Vitality Edition, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei nova 7 SE 5G, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei nova 7 SE 5G Lohas Edition, Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design, Huawei nova 7 SE 5G Vitality Edition, Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design, Huawei nova 10 SE, Huawei Enjoy 50, and Huawei MatePad 10.4-inch 2022.
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro 43mm, Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro 46mm, Huawei Watch GT 3/Porsche Design, Huawei Watch GT 3 42mm, Huawei Watch GT 3 46mm, Huawei Watch GT Runner and Huawei Watch GT 2022 Standard Edition.
Huawei devices – Q2, 2023:
Huawei Nova 6 SE, Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G, Huawei Nova 5, Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G, Huawei Nova 5i Pro, Huawei Enjoy Z 5G, Huawei Nova 5i, Huawei Enjoy 10S, Huawei Nova 5z, Huawei Enjoy 10 Plus, Huawei Nova 4, Huawei Enjoy 9S, Huawei Nova 4e, Huawei Maimang 9 5G, Huawei Enjoy 20 5G, Huawei Maimang 8, Huawei MatePad 10.4 inches and Huawei MatePad 5G 10.4 inches.
Honor smartphones: Q1 2023
Honor 30, Honor V30, Honor 30 Pro, Honor V30 Pro, Honor 30 Pro+, and Honor Play4 Pro.
Honor smartphones: Q2 2023
Honor 20, Honor 10, Honor 20 PRO, Honor V10, Honor V20, Honor X10, Honor V20 MOSCHINO Joint Edition, Honor X10 Max, Honor Magic 2, Honor 9X, Honor 30S, Honor 9X PRO, Honor 30 Youth Edition, Honor Play4, Honor 20S, Honor Play4T Pro, Honor 20 Youth Edition, Honor 8X, Honor 20i, Honor Play3 and Honor 10 Youth.
HarmonyOS 4 will be a new major upgrade
The anticipation is rising and HarmonyOS 4 could bring us some new user experience that we’re waiting for. Inputs coming from Weibo reveal that Huawei is working on HarmonyOS 4 and it could be the major launch version for Huawei devices.
According to the information, HarmonyOS 4 will come with major design changes and new features that will improve the user experience. Meanwhile, we’re also seeing inputs about HarmonyOS 3.1, which could debut along with the Huawei P60 series. Also, it could be taken as a major improvement version over HarmonyOS 3.0.
Therefore, HarmonyOS 4 deserves to be a major upgrade to complete the cycle.
Skipped at Last year:
At Huawei Developer Conference 2021, Huawei launched HarmonyOS 3 and began testing the developer preview. On the other hand, the tech maker launched it in public in July 2022 for smartphones. At HDC 2022, Huawei didn’t launch HarmonyOS 4, yet it unveiled various services and HarmonyOS 3.1.
The stationed launch of a second HarmonyOS version suits the motive here, because, Huawei has decided to put two operating system versions among consumers.
One will be a substantial upgrade and the second one will be major. Therefore, HarmonyOS 3.1 could be seen in the Huawei P60 series and HarmonyOS 4 in Huawei Mate 60 series, which is slated to launch in the second half of this year.
As for now, Huawei has not revealed the official details about HarmonyOS 3.1 or HarmonyOS 4’s features and user interface.
Unveiled at HDC 2019, Huawei first introduced HarmonyOS in smart screens, and then the company opened it for various platforms. By harnessing the power of shared APIs and cross-device support, HarmonyOS could provide an all-around user experience.
For example, you can connect and control all of your smart home and IoT devices right from your smartphone. Various industry partners are using HarmonyOS to build new devices and helping to grow the HarmonyOS ecosystem.