Adding to this, Huawei has now confirmed officially that the first HarmonyOS powered smartwatch – Huawei Watch 3 Series will launch on June 2 alongside the new operating system. Most importantly, the company has also mentioned that this upcoming smartwatch will bring new surprising features.
In 2015, Huawei unveiled its first smartwatch – Huawei Watch with important health features such as heart rate monitoring. Since 2018, Huawei Watch GT series ramped up user experience and brought long-lasting performance with their weeks-long battery backup.
In 2019, Huawei jointly conducts heart health management research with professional institutes to make its wearables technologies far better.
So, seven years have been passed and Huawei keeps digging into health management services and on June 2, Huawei says that it’ll bring new smart wearable tech that could even sense your temperature, your breath, and there other features that we can only explore at the launch event.
Some of the anticipated features and confirmation regarding the Huawei Watch 3:
Aside from its yet-to-be-known design specs, Huawei Watch 3 will have the brand new HarmonyOS pre-installed. This is the node that all Huawei fans have been waiting for a long time.
According to the previous information, the Watch 3 series will get a new user interface and round dial system that will provide a better user experience. This lineup consists of two models including a standard and a Pro variant.
Currently, the Huawei Watch GT series has gained a large number of users based on its long battery life and amazing sports health features. However, the only missing feature is the eSIM support, which is now coming with this upcoming smartwatch and also spotted on its certification.
The support of eSIM will allow users to conduct calls and receive important notifications without relying on the smartphone. And we can assume that HarmonyOS for smartwatch devices is highly optimized to make such functionality simple in terms of usability.
Huawei is known for its long-lasting battery life that could last up to 2 weeks, that insanely insane and remarkably strong.
But there’s always some room for improvements, therefore, Huawei Watch 3 could still surprise us with its new battery performance tweaked by HarmonyOS that is specially designed for smartwatches as compared to the liteOS used in previous smartwatches.
Huawei Watch 3 smartwatches are pre-equipped with HarmonyOS and according to Huawei, this new OS is prioritized as an IoT superpower, which also empowers some of the new smart features that also run on devices such as smartphones and well as smart home products.
Previously, the ECG feature made its debut with a new edition of the Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro and it could now become general with the launch of the Huawei Watch 3 Series with continuous detection.
No Blood pressure feature at this time.
Huawei has prepared the Watch 3 series with the latest features but it’s unlikely to get a Blood Pressure feature. He Gang, President of Handset Business, Huawei Consumer Business Group announced that the first Huawei smartwatch with the Blood Pressure measurement will launch in the second half of 2021.
This explains that Huawei will launch a brand new smartwatch in the second half that will spotlight this feature. Instead, the Watch 3 likely to equip a new intelligent body temperature detection feature as well as the new coronary heart disease screen.
Still, excitement is on the Horizon regarding the launch of the HarmonyOS powered Huawei Watch 3 series and we cannot wait for this smartwatch to come in front of us.
(Source – Weibo)
Huawei Watch GT 2 series software updates [January 17, 2022]
Huawei Watch GT 2 lineup includes one of the best-selling smartwatches of the company launched in 2019. The Huawei Watch GT 2 was released in two variants – 42mm and 46mm with premium features for the consumers.
Moving with time, Huawei added new models to its flagship the Watch GT 2 series that was Watch GT 2e and Watch GT 2 Pro with various features fitness and health monitoring features. These high-end smartwatches of Huawei come with luxury design and long-lasting battery and more.
Huawei Watch GT 2 series models:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 (42mm)
- Huawei Watch GT 2 (46mm)
- Huawei Watch GT 2e
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Porsche Design
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro
In terms of performance, the Huawei Watch GT 2 series models perform very well on the user’s wrist and make the task easier. These smartwatches lesser down the usage of smartphones and made several phone functions available on the wrist.
However, the company continues to release regular firmware updates for smartwatches belonging to the Huawei Watch GT 2 series. With the new update, the company will roll out the latest features, changes, improvements, and optimizations to provide a better user experience.
In this article, you can track all of the Huawei Watch 2 series model updates details, changes, improvements, and optimizations released for the smartwatch system.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Latest Huawei Watch GT 2 Updates
January 17, 2022:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 third-party data synchronization feature for smart life. Read more
January 13, 2022:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 gets a new Heart Health monitoring feature. Read more
- New major feature update rolling out Huawei Watch GT 2 in China. Read more
January 07, 2022:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 is receiving Major features update in UK. Read more
January 05, 2022:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 firmware update brings hidden features [Details] Read more
December 31, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2: Major update features changelog read more.
- Here are all of the changes rolling out with the major Huawei Watch GT 2e update read more.
December 29, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 major feature software update is expanding read more.
- Major Huawei Watch GT 2e software update is reaching to more users read more.
December 25, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 update 220.127.116.11 brings bug on some models (CN) read more.
- Huawei Watch GT 2e is receiving December 2021 software update with new feature read more.
December 23, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 is receiving major update December 2021 read more
December 17, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm receiving December 2021 firmware update read more.
- Latest 18.104.22.168 beta update released for Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm read more.
December 14, 2021:
- December 2021 firmware update rolling out for Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm read more.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 42mm public beta released with 22.214.171.124 update read more.
Noveber 29, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2e geta new thid-party support via November 2021 update read more.
November 25, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 42mm November 2021 firmware update rolling out read more.
November 18, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm gets new third-party apps supports via public beta update read more.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 series is receiving new beta update with version 126.96.36.199 read more.
November 10, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 global users are receiving system optimization firmware update read more.
November 6, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 series starts new software feature testing read more.
October 21, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm getting second beta software read more.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 42mm password lock feature beta update rolling out read more.
October 18, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2e is receiving October 2021 update read more.
October 16, 2021:
- October 2021 Huawei Watch GT 2 update rolling out read more.
September 27, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 42mm new feature recruitment beings receiving stability update read more.
September 23, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro September 2021 update brings system stability read more.
September 20, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 receiving major new feature with first beta update read more.
September 15, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 and GT 2e receiving new 13.26 and 8.10 firmware update (Global) read more.
September 12, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 September 2021 firmware brings new optimization read more.
August 31, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 is receiving August 2021 firmware update read more.
July 11, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro Porsche design gets system stability optimization with July 2021 firmware update read more.
July 2, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro receiving system optimization with july 2021 firmware update read more.
June 29, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 starts receiving system improvement with june 2021 firmware update read more.
June 26, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro getting new system optimizations with new firmware update read more.
May 11, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro’s lock screen and system optimization update expanding for global read more.
May 3, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2’s latest software update rolling out in more market read more.
April 27, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 42mm and 46mm variants receiving new firmware update with a bunch of new features and optimization read more.
April 12, 2021:
- April 2021 update rolling out for Huawei Watch GT 2 brings improvements for app and system read more.
April 10, 2021:
- April 2021 update for Huawei Watch GT 2e adds a bunch of new features including Watch Face download support in iOS read more.
April 2, 2021:
- New features and optimization for Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro rolling out read more.
March 9, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 March 2021 update brings new system improvements read more.
March 4, 2021:
- New optimization rolling out for Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro via February 2021 update read more.
February 10, 2021:
- New privacy feature and improvement rolling for Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro with a firmware update read more.
January 31, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2e gets a 7-days weather forecast feature with a new firmware update read more.
January 26, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 grabbing new features and improvements via January 2021 update read more.
January 20, 2021:
- New system optimizations rolling out for Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro via OAT update read more.
January 15, 2021:
- New Pin lock feature for Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro rolling out with new update read more.
January 6, 2021:
- Water draining mode for Huawei Watch GT 2 rolling out with a new firmware update read more.
December 15, 2020:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 started receiving December 2020 update read more.
December 8, 2020:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro getting a new firmware update, brings weather forecast, and more.
November 24, 2020:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 getting November 2020 Update, optimizes system stability, and more.
November 5, 2020:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro receives new updates with Spo2 monitoring, weather display optimizations, and more.
October 19, 2020:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro receiving 24 hours continues SpO2 feature with a new update read more.
October 7, 2020:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 and GT 2e new update brings GPS improvements, fixes, and more.
September 15, 2020:
- September update for Huawei Watch GT 2 bring new settings features, fixes issue, and improves system stability read more.
July 10, 2020:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 and Honor MagicWatch 2 receiving July 2020 update read more.
May 30, 2020:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 starts receiving remote camera shutter feature update read more.
May 17, 2020:
- Remote camera shutter feature rolling out for Huawei Watch GT 2e in the UK read more.
May 13, 2020:
- New update for Huawei Watch GT 2e enables remote camera shooting feature read more.
April 13, 2020:
- Huawei Watch GT 2e gets Spo2 features update, Watch GT also gets fixes to read more.
April 10, 2020:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 receiving Spo2 feature update read more.
March 13, 2020:
- New software update Huawei Watch GT 2 improves system stability read more.
February 13, 2020:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 update brings new Watch faces and customization read more.
Huawei FreeBuds 4i is getting new system optimizations update
Huawei has started to roll out a new system update for its premium wireless earbuds, Huawei FreeBuds 4i launched in the global market. This latest update brings optimizations for the system stability for more stable performance.
As reported by Huaweiailesi, Huawei FreeBuds 4i system update landed with upgraded version 188.8.131.52. To upgrade over this, the FreeBuds 4i users need to download and install the small update package with a size of 1.35MB.
The new firmware for Huawei FreeBuds 4i increases the overall performance of the device. So, it is recommended for you to update as soon as possible. Also, the update is rolling out in batches, so it may take some to reach you.
How to update:
To update, open the Huawei AI life app on your phone, and connect your earbuds. Make sure the earbuds should be placed inside the charging case and keep the case open during the update.
Tap on the earphone widget from the AI life app home screen. Then, tap on CHECKS FOR UPDATE and wait for a minute. If an update appears on the device, tap on the download option and wait until the update download is complete.
After completion, close the charging case and wait for at least 10 min for the case to automatically update. Also, make sure that pair earbuds with your phone again before charging and updating.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei FreeBuds 4i
The FreeBuds 4i wireless earbuds adopt a 3D bionic design and offer several features for an enhanced audio experience. These earbuds can be easily paired with the smartphone using Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity.
For immersive audio experience, the earbuds have ANC along with pop-up pair support. It also provides 10 hours of battery life with a 55mAh battery, while the charging case offers a 215mAh battery.
Huawei Watch GT 2 third-party data synchronization feature for smart life
Huawei Watch GT 2 series popularity increased the Huawei smartwatch market across the globe. To maintain its popularity among the consumers, Huawei continues to roll out the new feature and software updates via OTA.
According to the information, the Huawei Watch GT 2 series now supports third-party sports equipment data synchronization feature for smart life experience. It means Huawei users can get enjoy three-way data linkage between a smartwatch, smartphone, and sports equipment. However, the availability is currently limited some markets.
It is worth mentioning that this three-way data synchronization is possible with the HarmonyOS operating system. Now, this time Huawei is expanding HarmonyOS capabilities to Health and fitness sector.
Now, let’s take a look at how third-party sports equipment data synchronization works on the Huawei Watch GT 2.
You understand the working, let’s take Yijian Genie S7 smart treadmill as an example. First, make the connection between Huawei Watch GT 2 and the smartphone through the Huawei Health app. Second, connect the smartphone with between the treadmill and smartphone.
To connect, unlock the smartphone and keep it close to the sports heath induction area on the treadmill. With the light of touch, your smartphone automatically gets connected to the treadmill and opens a corresponding start page. After hearing the voice message, press the start button on the treadmill to begin the exercise.
During this timeline, please put your smartphone in the storage slot of the treadmill and keep the smartwatch ON. Once the treadmill is started, the smartphone and Watch GT 2 will synchronize the real-time data monitored by the treadmill and provide you with real-time exercise data analysis and suggestions during the running process.
The smartphone calculates the steps and cadence as well as displays treadmill running distance, speed, time, and calories. While, Huawei Watch GT 2 monitors your heart rate and running posture, such as landing method, landing impact, swing angle, touchdown time, and more to allow you to run and enjoy sports with safer, more standard movements.
After completion of the exercise, press the stop button on the treadmill, the smartphone will automatically end the exercise synchronization, and generate an exercise report, which can be easily shared through third-party apps.
- Exercise data is presented only if the speed is 8 km/h.
- The exercise data and its analysis results and suggestions are for reference only.
- Please choose it according to the actual situation, not as the basis for a professional diagnosis.
- Sports equipment that supports Linkage is currently limited to devices supported by the Huawei Health App.
- The functions are already supported by Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro and it is recommended for everyone to use.