Huawei’s latest custom OS EMUI 11 was awaited by many smartphone users due to its massive features and new changes to the user interface. The Huawei Mate 20 X is the company’s previous-generation flagship, which is also in line to get this latest mobile skin.
EMUI 11 Process (completed):
In November 2020, Huawei started the recruitment of Mate 20 lineup in the home ground including Mate 20 X (4G/5G). Afterward, the company released beta builds and then stable EMUI 11 for Mate 20 devices.
Talking about global variants, in December 2020, the company has expanded the EMUI 11 beta activity for Mate 20 devices in the global market. After months of testing, the stable EMUI 11 recently starts to roll out for Mate 20 X 5G.
Moving on, the company has now begun sending the official EMUI 11 version of Mate 20 X (4G) smartphone for all users including beta tester and users on EMUI 10.1 via OTA update.
This latest upgrade of EMUI 11 brings many amazing features such as super notepad, rhythmic ringtones, AI Subtitles, and impressive changes in the user interface (UI) like artistic always-on-display, long take animation effect, and more.
Aside from this, Huawei Nova 5T smartphone users are also getting the EMUI 11 stable rollout in the Middle East regions and experiencing a bunch of changes offered by the new EMUI 11 OS.
EMUI 11 Version:
Users can identify this upgrade with the built version 188.8.131.52 with a package size of 1.85GB. Currently, this version is rolling out in Europe and soon expand in other regions.
EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
HOW TO UPDATE:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your device
ALTERNATIVELY, VIA SUPPORT:
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your phone
(Source – Huaweiblog)