Huawei has begun delivering a new software update for Huawei Nova 7 SE Vitality Edition, Nova 5i, and Enjoy 10e smartphones. This update mainly brings the security improvements released in February 2021 for improved system security.
Security patch details: February 2021 security patch fixes 2 critical and 26 high levels, and 77 medium levels of CVEs for improved system security.
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Vitality Edition
- Huawei Enjoy 10e
- Huawei Nova 5i
The above-listed device users can download and install this latest update via a settings or support app on their respective smartphones. The detailed update instructions are at the end of the article.
Aside from this, the Huawei Enjoy 10e smartphone is compatible to run on the latest custom OS, EMUI 11. But the company has not announced any official confirmation regarding this matter. However, users are still waiting to get this major update.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Vitality Edition getting EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.0.163 upgraded from 10.1.0.162
- Huawei Enjoy 10e users getting EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.0.182 upgraded from 10.1.0.181
- Huawei Nova 5i users receiving EMUI 10.0 version 10.0.0.138 upgraded from 10.0.0.136
Security: Integrates the Android security patch released in February 2021.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- The update will not erase any data.
- It’s recommended that you update through a stable internet connection.
HOW TO INSTALL UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.