Since the announcement of the latest EMUI 11, Huawei started working hard to deliver this upgrade to all eligible devices across the globe. Huawei Mate 20 series including Mate 20, 20 Pro, 20 RS, 20 X 4G, and 20 x 5G smartphones, which are listed to get the major upgrade.
Last November, Huawei opened the registration for EMUI 11 beta program for Mate 20 lineup in the home ground as well as in the global market. And after months of testing, the company released beta builds to test new features ahead of stable rollout.
Recently, all the eligible Mate 20 Chinese variants including Mate 20 X 5G are upgraded to the EMUI 11 and began taking advantage of all the features and changes that come with the stable version. Meanwhile, this new major upgrade is still in the early stage of the rollout for Mate 20 global variants.
Now, as scheduled Huawei has started to send the stable EMUI 11 version for Mate 20 X 5G global smartphones. The latest EMUI 11 brings changes to the user interface and animations and a handful of amazing features including artistic AOD, Multiwindow mode, Subtle effect, and Super notepad.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei Mate 20 X 5G users can identify this update with the built number 220.127.116.11(C431E3R2P3) and package size of 1.86 GB.
Note: Currently, this update is rolling out in Europe and soon expand to the other region
Thanks to the tipster – James
New EMUI 11 changelog:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
Huawei P30 Pro (EMUI 12) getting May 2022 update
The Huawei P30 Pro May 2022 update improves system security and optimizes your phone’s user experience. Therefore, it’s recommended for you install this software update as soon as it appears on your device.
It’s quite good to see that Huawei is sending the latest security patch for such an important flagship. So, we could expect more optimizations coming toward Huawei P30 Pro in the future.
The latest Huawei P30 Pro in the global market comes with EMUI 12 version – 18.104.22.168 and 225 megabytes of package size. The software update could be downloaded via the Settings menu and on the other way, you can download it through the My Huawei app.
Thanks to the tipster – Bonta for this amazing tip
Installed EMUI 12?
If you haven’t already, we suggest you install EMUI 12 on your Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphone. Since, there is a various new functionality that will increase your user experience featuring the new control panel, brand new animations, and better performance as compared to EMUI 11.
To recall, Huawei has previously released a new software patch for Huawei P30 devices that contains fixes for issues where the ringtone settings for incoming calls would not take effect in certain scenarios.
In the Chinese market, Huawei has updated P30 devices with the latest HarmonyOS security patch.
Huawei P30 Pro:
Huawei P30 Pro equips a 6.47-inch display with an OLED panel and FHD+ resolution (2340 x 1080 pixels) resolution. The phone is water, splash, and dust resistant to safeguard your device in different conditions.
The P30 Pro is powered by Kirin 980 processor with octa-core architecture – 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.6GHz+ 2
x Cortex-A76 Based 1.92GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.8GHz as well as dual NPUs for fastest AI processing.
Don’t forget that the Huawei P30 Pro boasts a Leica quad-camera including 40 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.6 aperture, OIS) + 20 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture) + 8 MP (Telephoto, f/3.4 aperture, OIS) and Time-of-Flight(TOF) Camera. There’s a 32MP camera on the front to take high-quality selfies in various scenarios.
Want to see EMUI 13?
EMUI 12 is under expansion for various Huawei devices and we’re continuously asking Huawei phone consumers to showcase whether they’ve installed EMUI 12 on their devices. However, we’ve also initiated a discussion on the next version of EMUI – EMUI 13, which is not been confirmed officially at the moment.
Although Huawei does have the option to shift its smartphone to HarmonyOS, it could possibly be sticking with EMUI software. Therefore, another EMUI version cold drop by the end of this year, if not at Huawei Developer Conference 2022.
There are no specific inputs available regarding the features or the availability of this software but Huawei is likely to increase the performance of this inner functionality. In addition to EMUI 13, we could see similar improvements on the upcoming HarmonyOS 3.0 operating system for smartphones and other devices.
Still, a major change that we’re expecting is the adaptation of the new Android version, if not using HarmonyOS as the base software.
EMUI 12 is the current most advanced version of the EMUI series that comes with new additions such as Control Panel, Notification Panel, new animations, user interface, and performance enhancements. With this version, Huawei will take you closer to HarmonyOS operating system because of the changes that have been made and adapted for the EMUI 12.
So, do you want to see EMUI 13 launch? Let us know via the poll linked below.
— HC Newsroom (@HCNewsroom) May 21, 2022
Week 18: Got your Huawei EMUI 12?
EMUI 12 is a fantastic new way to get organized and rule in the world of Huawei. The company has brought in this EMUI version with brand new features that increase your user experience. Talking about EMUI 12, in week 18 Huawei, has installed this software update on various devices.
So far, Huawei has installed EMUI 12 on flagship models including – Huawei Mate 40 Pro, Mate 30 Pro, and P40 series as well as other important models such as P30 and Mate 20 series.
This brings up the phone users to get the latest software features via the EMUI 12 software update that enhances the user experiences with a variety of additions.
To be mentioned, there are various intriguing ways to interact with EMUI 12 on your Huawei smartphone but you will surely notice the changes once you get EMUI 12 loaded on your device.
To download EMUI 12 on your Huawei device tap on Settings > from here and select System & updates. Now after, navigate towards the Software update section, press, Software updates, then tap on the on-screen option to get the latest software update.
Alternatively, you can request the EMUI 12 software via the My Huawei app and install it on your Huawei phone.
Don’t forget that the company is rolling out this software update in batches and you’ll get it sooner or later so don’t forget to keep on checking the software via the update section.
So, have you installed EMUI 12 on your Huawei smartphone on week 18 of the stable rollout? Let us know via the poll below.