Since the announcement of the latest EMUI 11, Huawei started working hard to deliver this upgrade to all eligible devices across the globe. Huawei Mate 20 series including Mate 20, 20 Pro, 20 RS, 20 X 4G, and 20 x 5G smartphones, which are listed to get the major upgrade.
Last November, Huawei opened the registration for EMUI 11 beta program for Mate 20 lineup in the home ground as well as in the global market. And after months of testing, the company released beta builds to test new features ahead of stable rollout.
Recently, all the eligible Mate 20 Chinese variants including Mate 20 X 5G are upgraded to the EMUI 11 and began taking advantage of all the features and changes that come with the stable version. Meanwhile, this new major upgrade is still in the early stage of the rollout for Mate 20 global variants.
Now, as scheduled Huawei has started to send the stable EMUI 11 version for Mate 20 X 5G global smartphones. The latest EMUI 11 brings changes to the user interface and animations and a handful of amazing features including artistic AOD, Multiwindow mode, Subtle effect, and Super notepad.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei Mate 20 X 5G users can identify this update with the built number 188.8.131.52(C431E3R2P3) and package size of 1.86 GB.
Note: Currently, this update is rolling out in Europe and soon expand to the other region
Thanks to the tipster – James
New EMUI 11 changelog:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.