In May 2019, Huawei has applied for a Hongmeng OS trademark to the Chinese National Intellectual Property Office (CNIPA), which was rejected over the consumer confusion concerns. Because the text is earlier trademarked by two Chinese cosmetic companies.
After the rejection of this trademark, Huawei has applied litigation to Beijing Intellectual Property Court against the CINPA for discarding the application of the Hongmeng OS trademark.
To justify this, the Chinese tech giant said HongmongOS is very popular among the Chinese people and receiving huge support from them. Also, it is closely associated with Huawei, while the same trademarks owned by other companies are not only in use but also appear to be visually distinct.
But, Huawei fails to prove the bond between Huawei and Hongmeng OS. As a result, the court did not accept the argument, which is sad news for the company. Now, the questions have started arriving in the mind of Huawei fans.
In this article, consumers may get all the answers regarding this matter.
Will this rejection affect HarmonyOS?
The answer is a big NO because HarmonyOS is an alternative name to Hongmeng OS outside of China. On the other hand, Huawei is also using HarmonyOS name in its home ground in place Hongmeng OS.
Will this rejection forced Huawei to leave Hongmeng OS name?
It only happens when Huawei is not able to justify its proper argument and not be able to prove a unique connection with the Hongmeng name.
But, Huawei will not easily let go of the Hongmeng OS because it has an option to again file a petition to the court in order to solve the trademark dispute.
Huawei’s HarmonyOS is an all-scenarios multi-platform support operating system, which mainly designed for Huawei devices. Since it’s an open source software, HarmonyOS can be used by other smartphone makers in place of Google’s Android.
At the moment, Huawei HarmonyOS 2.0 developer public beta testing is going for limited devices in China to avoid issues arriving during the testing. To date, the company has delivered 3 betas of HarmonyOS 2.0 and likely to begun general consumer testing in early June.
According to the information, Huawei has plans to deploy HarmonyOS on 300 million devices this year including smartphones, tablets, watches, earbuds, and more platforms.
Youbo launches new OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor
Youbo Technology cooperation has launched a new OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor. The chipset is mainly developed for IoT (Internet of Things) applications and smart devices.
According to the latest information, the OpenHarmony-based UB-RK3566 processor supports powerful functioning and brilliant performance on the surface. Besides, it is also eligible for high-end display engines and other technologies.
Further, the latest Youbo chipset is uprooted on an A55 process structure. It holds an ARM G52 2EE GPU and also supports a dual-screen display. Alongside tech-pack elements, the chip also uses a self-developed JPEG decoding microprocessor.
In terms of functions, the UB-RK3566 processor is capable of showcasing 1080 at 60 fps resolution, H0264, and H.265 format encoding, supports dynamic rate, frame rate, resolution adjustment, and many other display-related features.
On the other hand, the processor can efficiently work in dual-camera scenarios. Ultimately, operators can have a crystal clear image with effective lighting due to the UB-RK3566 chipset.
You can check the major functions, below:
- High computing power with less consumption: The processor installs a Rockchip RK3566 quad-core 64-bit Cortex-A55 unit and can easily support up to 0.8T computing power. Besides, it improves the battery life of devices
- Seld-developed display chips: The processor already holds finer display chips to reduce the excessive cost of display components. These chips can bear 2200 x 1650 resolution
- High-definition display: Since the processor has high-quality display chips, it offers an immersive virtual experience. It also supports HDMI 4K resolution at 60Hz, 1080P resolution at 60Hz, and more
- Complete display interface: the latest processor supports HDMI2.0 interface, supports dual-channel MIPI DSI, and can drive a 2.5K LCD screen. It also holds Eink, and can directly drive the ink screen.
- Rick Interface expansion facilities and Strong network wireless connection.
These functions make the processor compatible with high-end IoT applications and work conveniently without creating any hindrances in performance or functioning.
OpenHarmony-based HiHopeOS gets China UnionPay digital service certificate
Runhe Software HiHopeOS (based on OpenHarmony) has received a new China UnionPay financial and digital service certificate. Eventually, this certification will make the respective OS compatible with the China UnionPay technical specifications.
To begin with, the China UnionPay cooperation is releasing new configurations for digital service devices. Accordingly, these devices require an operating system that can be eligible with the latest technologies and specifications.
Consequently, to obtain a suitable operating system, China UnionPay carried out a qualification program. A variety of operating systems entered into this scenario. However, the OpenHarmony-based HiHopeOS financial release version is the first product to get the China UnionPay certificate.
To be mentioned, HiHopeOS distribution consists of multiple variants for different scenarios and operations. For instance, the IoT Edition for operating lightweight devices and gadgets.
As of now, the HiHopeOS financial version has gained digital service certification. This development will help the Runhe Software cooperation to indulge with more ecological partners and expand the HiHopeOS ecosystem in more sectors.
Digital Service Certification
It’s worth mentioning that the latest digital service certification was based on the following major aspects:
- Basic requirements of the operating system
- Interface layer requirements
- System service layer
- Security functions and technology
- third-party library components
According to the outcomes, the HiHopeOS effectively meets all the points and is reliable with digital services and other high-end devices.
New developments with HiHopeOS
So far, Runhe Software has integrated with various industrial groups and partners to stretch the manufacturing of new products. Besides, the company has associated with several tech makers for smart inventions.
Up to this point, the company has developed smart POS, MPOS, code-scanning machines, cloud speakers, recorders, and many other useful products. Notably, these techs involve the HiHopeOS in their internal structures.
Alternatively, the new achievement of HiHopeOS will help Runhe Software to build a firm partnership with China UnionPay cooperation and develop more new products and services for consumers.
Open Source HarmonyOS OpenHarmony 3.2 Beta 4 rolling out
OpenAtom foundation has released open source HarmonyOS, OpenHarmony 3.2 Beta 4 for the developers. This version brings a number of new improvements to the kernel and internal features of the software.
To be mentioned, OpenHarmony 3.2 beta 4 is based on beta 3 and includes the following changes.
Enhancement of the basic capabilities of the standard system:
- The program access control subsystem supports forward CFI, API exception handling optimization, etc.
- The kernel subsystem supports Hyperhold memory expansion feature enhancement, F2FS terminal performance enhancement, and optimization.
- The multi-mode input subsystem supports enabling and disabling keyboard function keys, and multi-hot zone support related to input devices.
- The graphics subsystem supports the transmission of graphics data based on the shared memory mechanism, supports YUV layers, supports GPU composition on the RS side, and supports rotation and dynamic resolution of the virtual screen, etc.
- The upgrade subsystem supports AB hot upgrade function, flashd upgrade supports AB partition device upgrade, SD/OTG upgrade supports AB partition device upgrade.
- The globalization subsystem supports on-demand subscription of device management events, system resources support overlay difference, and resource management supports cross-OS platform capabilities.
- The Misc software subsystem supports uploading files in PUT mode, download management supports configuration download tasks, input method framework optimization and enhancement, and supports printing service framework.
- The DFX subsystem supports power consumption data collection, system event data collection, perf data collection, etc.
- The ArkTS API has newly added support for reporting error codes, helping developers quickly catch exceptions and improving the efficiency of exception handling.
Standard System Application Development Framework Enhancements
- Supports dynamic library isolation, operation management supports pending application interception.
- Support window attribute setting, support ArkTS card interaction, XComponent provides container component capabilities, etc.
- Supports configuration of application dependencies supports adding, deleting, and checking operations on the list of application installation and uninstallation, and supports adding, deleting, and checking operations on the list of applications that are prohibited from running.
Standard system distributed capability enhancement:
- Distributed hardware supports the same account credential parameter request and import.