EMUI 11, Huawei’s latest Android-based operating system that offers many impressive features and changes in the user interface, animations, and more. Huawei’s older generation’s Nova smartphone including Nova 5T also able to experience these features.
Since December 2020, Huawei started EMUI 11 beta testing program for Nova 5T devices along with P30 and Mate 20 lineup. Further, the company released the beta builds and recently kicked off the stable EMUI 11 version for this device.
However, the EMUI 11 major update rollout is currently in the early stage of the rollout so, it may take some time to cover all the Nova 5T models. But, the company rapidly expanding this upgrade to more regions.
Now, the stable EMUI 11 update is expanding for Nova 5T users in Europe. Users can install this latest custom OS by following the update steps mentioned below in the article.
New EMUI Version: Users can identify this upgrade with the built version 22.214.171.124 with a package size of 1.78GB.
EMUI 11 offers new features, improvements, and optimizations for the users and maximizes the user experience with the artistic Always-on display, subtle and long take animations, super notepad, and more. [Full changelog below]
On the other hand, the Company’s old flagship Mate 20 X 5G also receiving stable EMUI 11 in the European region. Whereas, Huawei has been preparing itself to upgrade its devices on the self-developed operating system, HarmonyOS this year.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Download via Settings:
- Open Settings
- Click on the System & Updates
- Open Software update
- Tap on Check for updates option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
Download via Support app:
- Open the Support app on your device
- Go to the Service tab
- Click on the update button
- Tap on Check for update option
- If an update is available, click on Download and install
- After installation Reboot the device
New EMUI 11 features:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
Thanks to the tipster – Gensley
Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update is expanding
Huawei is expanding the January 2023 security patch for Nova 7 global version that improves the phone’s capability against potential threats. According to the information, Huawei Nova 7 January 2023 EMUI update comes with version 126.96.36.199 and 233 megabytes. This update is rolling out in batches began to rollout early last month.
You can check for the update via Settings or via the My Huawei app. Below you can see the update changelog:
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in January 2023 for improved system security.
- This update will not erase your personal data but we recommend that you back up only important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update contact the Huawei customer service hotline.
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
Thanks to the tipster – Mohammed for this amazing update.
Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 gets January 2023 EMUI update
Despite the fact that EMUI 13 has not made its way to us, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 users can download January 2023 security update with EMUI build version 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.2061 respectively (via Huaweiportal).
Huawei Mate Xs 2 is an exceptional smartphone and it is a second-generation outward folding device that made its way to the global market. On the other side, it provides a new user experience than the predecessor.
The Nova 9 has a unique design and helped Huawei to recover Nova series sales among global consumers supporting a high-quality camera system. It equips 120Hz refresh rate and Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 4G.
Interestingly, Huawei Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9 launched with pre-installed EMUI 12 software and there are various features that caught our eye. However, it’s been already an entire year since Huawei rolled out a major upgrade. And EMUI 13 is all we’re waiting for.
For now, Huawei has not informed us about the EMUI 13 release date but these two smartphone owners eagerly waiting for a new announcement. Don’t forget that you can check for the latest firmware via system Settings > tap on System & updates > then move with the Software update to fetch a new upgrade for your Mate Xs 2 and Nova 9.
Below you can check the full changelog for both of these rolllouts.
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- January 2023 security patches integrated for better system security.
- With this update, your personal data will not be deleted, but it is recommended to backup all important data before updating. If you encounter any problems during the update, please call Huawei customer service support line or visit one of the Huawei service centers for assistance. This update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
Huawei EMUI February 2023 Updates List
We’re in February 2023 and Huawei is rolling out new security updates, patches, and optimizations for EMUI smartphones. These devices in the global market are eligible to get the latest upgrades to improve user experience and performance.
As of February, Huawei has completed the EMUI 12 roadmap in all regions and that’s where the users are concerned. Why? Because EMUI 13 release, beta, and roadmap are still missing in action and global users are waiting for this major rollout.
This year, Huawei is delaying more than ever to reveal the details of a new EMUI version, which is frustrating, and for the time being, there’s no clue when it will actually come.
There is a lot of firmware that roll out in a month and below you can check all of the latest Huawei EMUI updates that are rolling out in February 2023.
January 5, 2023:
- Huawei P50 Pro is one of the first smartphones to test EMUI 13 but for now, it is getting new firmware that installs January 2023 security update. However, the hopes are stretching far from a new software update.
January 4, 2023:
- Huawei is expanding January 2023 security update for the Huawei P40 Pro smartphone in Europe, which comes with EMUI version 220.127.116.110. The update has significant advantages over the past and fixes various vulnerabilities for the P40 Pro software system.
- January 2023 software update is reaching out to more Huawei Mate 40 Pro global users with EMUI 12 and you should know that the firmware build has a 18.104.22.1680 version.
How to update:
In order to get the latest software, open the Settings menu on your smartphone and head toward System & updates. From here, you need to go to the Software updates section and tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES. Notice that your phone will take additional minutes. Alternatively, My Huawei app will also work for you.
There are some safety precautions that you can follow, such as important data backup and sufficient storage for the OTA package.
If you want to share any inputs and news, check the email below.