Stable EMUI 11 rolling out for Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4 and M6 Turbo Edition
Since September 2020, Huawei has been testing the eligible devices for the latest Android-based custom OS, EMUI 11. This beta program allows the limited users to test the new features ahead of stable rollout.
As of now, the company is almost done with EMUI 11 beta activity in the home ground by delivering the stable build version to respective devices. In this line, Huawei’s MediaPad M6 series was also included for the EMUI 11 testing program since November 2020.
After the month of beta activity, now, the company is going the closed the EMUI 11 beta window for the MediaPad M6 lineup in China and start to roll out the stable EMUI 11 build version for the beta tester as well as users on EMUI 10.1 to experience the brand new user interface and features.
Alongside this, Huawei has also released the January 2021 security patch for the beta testers, which fixes different levels of exploits and issues to protect your device against threats.
Talking about EMUI 11 changelog, it brings smart multiwindow, smoother animation, parallel vision, super notepad, system-level translation, AI subtitles, and more.
Moreover, the global variants all grabbed this major, check the related article at the end of this post for more information.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- Message us on Twitter
Stable EMUI 11 Version:
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4 inches and Turbo Edition beta testers grabbing EMUI 18.104.22.168 upgraded 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Media M6 8.4 inches and Turbo Edition EMUI 10.1 users grabbing EMUI 11 version 126.96.36.199 upgraded from 10.1.0.190
CHECK FOR UPDATE:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
After the installation and restart, we recommend you let the system optimize the new application so your device can run smoothly on further commands.
You can also request this update via the Support app with the following instructions.
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
Do follow the after installation instructions mentioned above.
For users on EMUI 11:
Security: Integrates Android security patches released in January 2021 for improved system security.
January 2021 Security Patch Details: Installs security fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 4 critical, 1 medium, and 25 high levels of CVEs.
For users on EMUI 10.1:
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Parallel Vision: Supports Toutiao, Dingding, and QQ mailboxes. Drag and switch between parallel vision dual windows and fullscreen.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
Huawei P40 lite gets March 2023 update with new Device+ addition
Huawei P40 lite is one of the most amazing smartphones to buy and the company is now sending a new software update for this device that brings March 2023 security patches.
You should know that such updates roll out in batches and may take some time to reach the smartphone. However, you are free to check this release manually via Settings. If you have more doubts on this matter, please check the instructions mentioned below.
Huawei P40 Lite comes with a 6.4-inch display and it’s powered by Kirin 810 (7 nm) chipset with Octa-core (2×2.27 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×1.88 GHz Cortex-A55) and Mali-G52 MP6 GPU.
The phone equips a quad camera system including a 48 MP main camera with f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF + an 8 MP (ultrawide) with f/2.4 + a 2 MP macro camera with f/2.4 and a 2 MP f/2.4 aperture depth camera. The phone has a 16 MP front-facing camera with f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.06″.
Looking at the firmware, the March 2023 update for Huawei P40 Lite comes with EMUI 12 version 188.8.131.521. You will have to download an update package size of 424 MB. The changelog only says about the security patches but there’s more on this matter that you should know.
Huawei has also installed a new widget to the Device+ feature, which allows you to manage watch and band devices directly from the control panel.
How to update:
To install the latest software update, head towards Settings > from here and tap on System & updates. Now you need to open the Software updates menu and not tap on CHECK FOR UPDATES at the bottom of the screen.
Huawei Watch 3 gets March 2023 update with new security patch
Huawei Watch 3 series is the first to grab HarmonyOS 3 software and the company is pushing March 2023 update for this smartwatch with a new security patch.
According to the changelog, Huawei Watch 3 series is getting March 2023 update tagged with build version 184.108.40.206. While users will have to download 258 megabytes of package size to get this new improvement onboard.
However, there’s something special about this release and that is related to the security patch. The new firmware has February 2023 security patch. With HarmonyOS 2, Huawei never fetched the Huawei Watch 3 series with a new security patch. Not specifically in the changelog.
Interestingly, this is the first time, we’re witnessing such improvement in the OTA upgrade changelog. But it is the only improvement that the smartwatch is getting for the time being.
HarmonyOS February 2023 security patches for smartwatch fix several issues and vulnerabilities in framework, system and third-party applications, stability, and network areas. Therefore, you should get this software as soon as it appears.
We also recommend Huawei Watch 3 series users check for a new upgrade to HarmonyOS 3. You can get it via Huawei Health and tap on your smartwatch, followed by the “Software updates” section.
There are various reasons to install HarmonyOS 3 on your Huawei Watch 3 including the new health and data integration with third-party devices. The cross-device connection is also improved, allowing you to connect the smartwatch for easy interaction.
Natively, you can also enjoy the new kaleidoscopic watch face, which brings in a whole new watch personalization option. Finally, HarmonyOS 3 for smartwatches also boosts the performance of the entire smartwatch. This helps you to get the best out of the LTE-enabled Watch 3 series.
So, it’s the right time to hop on the HarmonyOS 3 train and get all of these features on your wrist.
Thanks to the tipster, Einwood for this amazing tip.
Huawei P60 Pro update brings camera and two way satellite SMS improvements
Huawei is rolling out a brand new software update for the latest Huawei P60 Pro flagship and it has some important optimizations for camera and satellite SMS features.
According to the information, the Huawei P60 series is the first to equip HarmonyOS 3.1 operating system. This release brings many new features that are built onboard. However, the new rollout addresses the optimizations with HarmonyOS version 220.127.116.11 and an OTA package size of 1.11 GB.
Users of this Huawei P60 Pro can download the update with new camera effects. It also enhances image quality for a better photo user experience. On the other hand, this firmware has new optimizations for two-way satellite SMS.
Moreover, Huawei P60 Pro can get performance improvements with new system stability optimizations. This software is expanding in batches for the Huawei P60 Pro and it’s only available in China.
Huawei P60 Pro:
Huawei P60 Pro equips a new ultra-lighting main camera system with variable aperture technology training from F/1.4 aperture to F/4.0 range. The flagship’s RYYB sensor boosts light intake. The large sensor allows you to take the right photographs in the darkest environments.
The phone also ramps up an ultra-lighting telephoto camera, which adapts the world’s biggest f/2.1 aperture to process 178% more light and 488% more brightness than iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Looking at the numbers, the Huawei P60 Pro equips a triple rear camera system including a 48 MP Ultra Lighting Camera (F1.4 – F4.0 aperture, OIS). Also, there’s a 13 MP Ultra-Wide Angle Camera (F2.2 aperture), and a 48 MP Ultra Lighting Telephoto Camera (F2.1 aperture, OIS).
Two way Satellite:
Huawei P60 Pro breaks the barrier with the first-ever two-way satellite SMS communication feature. This allows users to send and receive SMS over Beidou satellite without a mobile network.
It’s good to know that Huawei is seeding new software upgrades to the Huawei P60 series and improving the phone’s performance in different scenarios.