Since September 2020, Huawei has been testing the eligible devices for the latest Android-based custom OS, EMUI 11. This beta program allows the limited users to test the new features ahead of stable rollout.
As of now, the company is almost done with EMUI 11 beta activity in the home ground by delivering the stable build version to respective devices. In this line, Huawei’s MediaPad M6 series was also included for the EMUI 11 testing program since November 2020.
After the month of beta activity, now, the company is going the closed the EMUI 11 beta window for the MediaPad M6 lineup in China and start to roll out the stable EMUI 11 build version for the beta tester as well as users on EMUI 10.1 to experience the brand new user interface and features.
Alongside this, Huawei has also released the January 2021 security patch for the beta testers, which fixes different levels of exploits and issues to protect your device against threats.
Talking about EMUI 11 changelog, it brings smart multiwindow, smoother animation, parallel vision, super notepad, system-level translation, AI subtitles, and more.
Moreover, the global variants all grabbed this major, check the related article at the end of this post for more information.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Stable EMUI 11 Version:
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4 inches and Turbo Edition beta testers grabbing EMUI 188.8.131.52 upgraded 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Media M6 8.4 inches and Turbo Edition EMUI 10.1 users grabbing EMUI 11 version 220.127.116.11 upgraded from 10.1.0.190
CHECK FOR UPDATE:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
After the installation and restart, we recommend you let the system optimize the new application so your device can run smoothly on further commands.
You can also request this update via the Support app with the following instructions.
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
Do follow the after installation instructions mentioned above.
For users on EMUI 11:
Security: Integrates Android security patches released in January 2021 for improved system security.
January 2021 Security Patch Details: Installs security fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 4 critical, 1 medium, and 25 high levels of CVEs.
For users on EMUI 10.1:
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Parallel Vision: Supports Toutiao, Dingding, and QQ mailboxes. Drag and switch between parallel vision dual windows and fullscreen.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
Huawei P10 and Mate 9 HarmonyOS 2.0 patch brings fingerprint fixes
Huawei P10 and Mate 9 users in China are currently testing HarmonyOS operating system under the beta activity. The phone series will soon receive a stable HarmonyOS upgrade but before that the phone is now receiving a new patch that brings an important fix.
According to the changelog, the Huawei P10 and Mate 9 patch has a size of 82.55MB but it doesn’t have a version number. The update fixes issues with fingerprint login on some third-party apps. It also fixes some problems in display and optimizes calling as well as communication.
Earlier this month, the Huawei P10 series comes along with the Mate 9 series began receiving HarmonyOS 2.0 beta, and installed a bunch of new features for this smartphone. However, this new update is not available for global consumers.
The current beta testing will be conducted until a stable release and will be sent for various devices.
HarmonyOS First Beta Feature:
- HarmonyOS Home screen: Slide up the application icon with a horizontal line at the bottom to generate a universal card. The size of the card can be large or small. Drag to change the position and change the personalized desktop
- Control Center: Slide down from the top left of the screen to the notification center to view notifications message. slipped into the top of the screen from the right side control center convenient shortcut switch
- Slide: services may enter the service center from the lower left corner or lower right edge of the screen, the convergence of various types of universal card tap to direct service
- Large folder: Long press the desktop to store the application folder can be displayed as a large folder, the applications in the large folder can be directly accessed by clicking the application icon, which is more convenient to use
- HarmonyOS font: Supports stepless font weight changes, which can be adjusted by the slider Font size and thickness, with a comfortable viewing experience to satisfy your reading habits. Smart life in the whole scene
- Unlimited: New message chat function, support for sending encrypted messages, dynamic expressions, dragging to play voice messages, and multiple pictures to send Added screen sharing function. Share screen during video calls. Not only can you share screen information, you can also graffiti freely on the screen, and share information while chatting.
- AI Voice: Adjust the way to turn on Smart Voice. Press the power button for 1 second to bring up Wisdom Voice
(via – ithome)
Huawei Nova 9 is receiving HarmonyOS 2.0.1 software update
Huawei Nova 9 series is receiving a new software update that comes with a number of new HarmonyOS features because it’s a direct upgrade over HarmonyOS 2.0.1. After the launch, the phone is marketed with HarmonyOS 2.0.1 version but remained under HarmonyOS 2.0.0.
Launched on September 23, the Nova 9 lineup represents a powerful camera system and beautiful design. Both of these combine a fresh and better smartphone that rivals all. On the other hand, the phone doesn’t come with 5G connectivity.
The HarmonyOS 2.0.1 update for the Huawei Nova 9 series comes with version 18.104.22.168 and adds interesting features including “short video”. This new feature allows you to shoot short videos with different types of camera enhancement as well as optimization for existing camera modes.
There’s also a new home screen theme added to the phones that consist of always-on display, lock screen animations, home screen style, all connecting together. Furthermore, you’ll find that the audio is now optimized to provide a better calling experience.
That’s not it, the HarmonyOS 2.0.1 for Huawei Nova 9 comes with display optimizations that enhance the overall viewing quality. The changelog doesn’t end there, there are improvements for horizontal and vertical display rotation in some game-playing situations. Worrying about the system stability? Don’t because this update enhances the entire smartphone.
This phone series was expected to come with HarmonyOS 2.1 but the company didn’t mention this rollout during the launch event nor it was listed online. Thereafter, the Chinese tech giant is sending the HarmonyOS 2.0.1 for the eligible model.
Huawei Nova 9 series:
Huawei Nova 9 series consist of two models – Nova 9 and Nova 9 Pro. The Nova 9 Pro consist of two front cameras, 50 MP RYYV super sensing quad cameras, it’s also the first model to equip 100W super-fast charging and a new color design that shines in every light.
The Nova 9 series has a 75-degree arc-like overflow display and 120Hz refresh rate and 300Hz touch sampling for fast touch interactions.
Huawei Watch GT 2e is receiving October 2021 update
Huawei has been updating its devices to provide new features and enable software enhancements in the system. Related to this, the Huawei Watch GT 2e is now receiving the October 2021 software update that comes with system stability improvements.
In terms of details, this new firmware update comes with new system optimizations that improve the overall performance and provides you with a better smart wearable performance.
The Huawei Watch GT 2e October 2021 update comes with firmware version 22.214.171.124 upgrading from 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52. However, the changelog doesn’t seem to offer more than the mentioned changes.
The Watch GT 2e follows the same path but has a different approach towards the consumers. It comes with a stylish finishing coupled with sports and a rugged look. This watch is suitable for all scenarios, use cases and provides optimum performance from indoor to outdoor, the Watch GT 2 won’t disappoint its consumers.
- For a better user experience, you are advised to update the Huawei Health app to the latest version in the app store first.
- Keep Bluetooth connected during the update. If the update fails, try again.
- Updating the wearable device may take some time. Please wait for the progress bar on the device to complete. The device will automatically restart after the update is complete.
- If you encounter any issues when using the device, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
HOW TO UPDATE:
Connect the watch to your phone using the Huawei Health app, open the app, touch Devices, touch the device name, choose Firmware update, then follow the onscreen instructions to update your watch if there is any new updates. If any update is available, it’s recommended to download the firmware and install it as soon as possible. Do note that this update is rolling out gradually, so it may take some time reach every device.