After completion of the first batch of EMUI 11 testing, Huawei started enrolling more of its eligible devices and sending beta builds for selected models. From December 2020, the company has expanded the reach of the latest custom OS to the global market for the previous-gen flagship.
On December 1, 2020, Huawei opened the registration for Nova 5T along with P30 and Mate 20 series in the global market. Afterward, the company has released the beta updates, and recently rollout the stable EMUI 11 major update for Nova 5T.
Let’s take a look at major update expansion, the EMUI 11 major update is in its early stage of rolling out for Nova 5T smartphones. So, it may take some time to cover all the devices across the globe.
At the moment, the company has started sending this major EMUI version to Huawei Nova 5T device owners in the Middle East. This update provides a new and improved user interface for Nova 5T users with added features.
EMUI 11 offers new features, improvements, and optimizations for the users and maximizes the user experience with the artistic Always-on display, subtle and long take animations, super notepad, and more. (Full changelog below)
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
Check the stable EMUI 11 version and changelog mentioned below.
STABLE EMUI 11 VERSION:
Huawei Nova 5T users receiving EMUI 11 with version 22.214.171.124 and package size of 1.94GB.
- The update is rolling out in batches so it may take some time/days to reach your device.
- EMUI version and size may vary depending on the country/region/models.
- We recommend you back up any important data before updating, safety measures.
HOW TO INSTALL UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipster – Samer
EMUI 11 CHANGELOG FOR HUAWEI NOVA 5T:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience.
Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Smart Always On Display (AOD): Refines the user experience and introduces brand-new visual elements for the AOD, allowing you to customize and showcase your personal style by adding text and images that will appear when your screen is off.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.