According to the new changelog, this update added a new popular recommendation folder on the desktop of the application, quick download icons for Education Center and the Link Now application, optimizations as well as installs the March 2021 security patch.
March 2021 Security Patch Details: This security patch fixes 2 critical, 13 high, and 132 medium levels of CVEs for improved system security.
Apart from this, Huawei is currently testing HarmonyOS, the self-developed operating system under the public developer beta program, and start a large-scale adaption of HarmonyOS 2.0 in early June.
In the meantime, HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta tester are begun shared the new UI changes and feature through online platforms ahead of stable rollout. To know about features check the below article.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Key points to users before Update:
- The device must have a better battery backup to install this update that is a minimum of 50%.
- It’s compulsory to check your storage availability(Internal/External SDcard) to download the latest update as per its size required
- A strong WiFi/mobile data connection is required for a buffer-free download of the package.
New EMUI Version:
Huawei Mate 20 X 5G smartphone users can found this update with EMUI 11 version 18.104.22.168 upgraded from 22.214.171.124 with a huge package size of 1.21GB.
- A new popular recommendation folder on the desktop of the application, to intelligently recommend the popular selected applications for you.
- Add a quick download icon for the Education Center and the Link Now application, which can be downloaded and used directly.
- Optimize the call stability in some scenes
- Optimize the sound experience in some scenes
- Optimize compatibility with some third-party applications
- Fix the problem that the WeChat clone cannot be selected when sharing
- Incorporate the March 2021 security patch to enhance the security of the mobile phone system
CHECK FOR UPDATE:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System & updates
- Tap Software update
- Tap Check for Updates
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your device
ALTERNATIVELY, VIA SUPPORT:
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
- Install and restart your phone