Huawei Nova 5T was one of the best-selling Huawei smartphones across the globe because of its offering at affordable prices. Additionally, this popular smartphone is also eligible to work with the latest custom OS, EMUI 11.
EMUI 11 brings new changes for the user interface as well as improvements and optimization for existing features. It features smart AOD, smoother animation, super notepad, AI subtle, and more.
As Huawei promises, after completing the EMUI 11 beta activity program, the company will roll out the stable EMUI 11 version for all of its compatible devices in the home ground as well as global markets and it is doing so.
Talking about Nova 5T, the users in the UK, Europe, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, and the Philippines already upgraded over EMUI 11 and started enjoying its latest features.
Now, this major update started expanding to Nova 5T smartphone users in the Latin American market. User after installing this update gets an amazing brand new user interface and features that provide a new user experience.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Stable EMUI 11 version:
Huawei Nova 5T smartphone users on EMUI 10.1 can found EMUI 11 major update with version 188.8.131.52 (C605E3R1P4) with a package size of 1.74GB in Latin America.
Check the full changelog below.
Before you upgrade:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data
- Use a stable connection to download the update package
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started
NEW EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
HOW TO CHECK:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Thanks to the tipster: Luis Serafin
Huawei P30 Lite will receive EMUI 12? Check the official reply
Even after skipping two EMUI versions (EMUI 10.1 and EMUI 11), P30 Lite users are ambitious about this next major software release. According to the information, Huawei has introduced EMUI 12 as the next major software rollout and it’s currently (as of late November 2021) under beta testing for major flagship phones.
Huawei P30 lite is one of the prominent and budget devices that has been introduced among consumers. There’s a big user base that has adapted this phone and running on their hands without any worries. There are many features that this phone brought into the field but the phone has been left out of the major software upgrade race.
However, P30 Lite users are wondering whether they’ll be able to install EMUI 12 software update? Well, there’s an official answer that might give some insights on this matter.
According to a Huawei moderator on the community, currently, there’s no confirmation on whether the Huawei P30 Lite will receive EMUI 12 upgrade or not. That’s it, that’s all we’ve noted from the moderator’s reply.
EMUI 12 features:
EMUI 12 comes with a bunch of new features that bring simplicity to the user experience with new additions such as the control panel, better animations, UI customizations, cross-device features for smart device management, and more. These features along with others make the entire EMUI 12 experience more subtle and unique.
Huawei P30 lite specifications:
Huawei P30 Lite comes with 6.15-inch full HD+ (2312 x 1080p), 4GB of RAM and 128GB storage that could expand up to 512GB. The phone has EMUI 9.0.1 pre-installed and it could driveway forward up to EMUI 10.0.
The phone equips a triple rear camera system that consists of 24MP + 8MP + 2MP in total. On the other hand, it has a 32MP front shooter to take high-quality selfies on the go. Furthermore, you’ll get Kirin 710 octa-core processor (2.2GHz Cortex A73 + 1.7GHz Cortex A53 Kirin). These specs make the Huawei P30 Lite stand above all but will it get EMUI 12? This remains a big question.
Monthly and Quarterly: EMUI December 2021 Huawei Devices
Huawei has already released the December 2021 EMUI security patch details for its devices, as it brings several fixes for different kinds of threats that can compromise your smartphone. However, Huawei has also published a list of devices that will grab this software update and bring a better software system for the devices.
December 2021 EMUI security patch brings fixes to 2 critical, 15 high, and 38 medium levels of threat. On the other hand, the December patch also fixes 7 high levels and 22 medium levels of threats for third-party libraries.
Meanwhile, there is a major development that’s going in the world of the EMUI pipeline in the name of – EMUI 12. Recently, the company has started to push the first EMUI 12 beta software that will allow consumers to test the latest features ahead of the official release.
Coming back to the topic, the December 2021 security update will rollout for various devices in monthly and quarterly rollout tiers.
December 2021 Devices:
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate X2 (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Mate X2 5G (China-Exclusive)
Huawei Mate Series:
- Huawei Mate 40E (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Mate 40E 5G (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Mate 40 (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro 5G (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+ (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Mate 40 Porsche Design (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Mate 30
- Huawei Mate 30 5G (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Mate 30E Pro (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G (Global Only)
Huawei P Series:
- Huawei P50 Pro (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 5G (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei P40 Pro+
- Huawei P30 (Global Only)
- Huawei P30 Pro (Global Only)
- Huawei P30 Lite New Edition
- Honor 30 (China-Exclusive)
- Honor 30 Pro (China-Exclusive)
- Honor 30 Pro+ (China-Exclusive)
- Honor 30S (China-Exclusive)
- Honor V30 (China-Exclusive)
- Honor V30 Pro (China-Exclusive)
- Honor 20 (Global Only)
- Honor 20 Pro (Global Only)
- Honor View 20 (Global Only)
- Huawei Mate X (China-Exclusive)
Huawei Mate Series:
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro (Global Only)
Huawei P Series:
- Huawei P30 Pro (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei P30 (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei P40 lite (Global Only)
- Huawei P40 lite 5G (Global Only)
- Huawei P40 lite E (Global Only)
- Huawei P30 lite (Global Only)
- Huawei P Smart 2021 (Global Only)
- Huawei P Smart 2020 (Global Only)
- Huawei P Smart 2019 (Global Only)
- Huawei P Smart S (Global Only)
- Huawei P Smart Pro (Global Only)
Huawei Nova/Maimang Series:
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro 4G version (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 8 SE Active (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 8 SE (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 8i (Global Only)
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Active version (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G
- Huawei Nova 7i (Global Only)
- Huawei Nova 6 (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 6 5G (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 6 SE (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 5 (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 5T (Global Only)
- Huawei Nova 5i (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova 5z (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Nova Lite 3 Plus (Global Only)
- Maimang 9 (China-Exclusive)
- Maimang 8 (China-Exclusive)
Huawei Y Series: (Global Only)
- Huawei Y5p
- Huawei Y6p
- Huawei Y6s
- Huawei Y6 2019
- Huawei Y6 Pro 2019
- Huawei Y7a
- Huawei Y7p
- Huawei Y8p
- Huawei Y8s
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019
- Huawei Y9a
- Huawei Y9s
Honor Youth Series: (China-Exclusive)
- Honor 30 Youth Edition
- Honor 20 Youth Edition
- Honor 10 Youth Edition
- Honor Play 4T
- Honor Play 4T Pro
- Honor Play 4
- Honor Play 4 Pro
- Honor Play 3
Enjoy Series: (China-Exclusive)
- Huawei Enjoy 20 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro
- Huawei Enjoy 10e
- Huawei Enjoy 10S
- Huawei Enjoy 9
- Huawei Enjoy 9e
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 SE
- Honor X10 Max (China-Exclusive)
- Honor X10 (China-Exclusive)
- Honor Play 9A (China-Exclusive)
- Honor Play 8C (China-Exclusive)
- Honor Play 8A (China-Exclusive)
- Honor 30 (Global Only)
- Honor 30 Pro+ (Global Only)
- Honor 30i (Global Only)
- Honor 30S (Global Only)
- Honor View 30 Pro (Global Only)
- Honor 20e (Global Only)
- Honor 20i (Global Only)
- Honor 20S (Global Only)
- Honor 20 Lite (Global Only)
- Honor 10i (Global Only)
- Honor 9A (Global Only)
- Honor 9C (Global Only)
- Honor 9S (Global Only)
- Honor 9X (Global Only)
- Honor 10X (Global Only)
- Honor 9X lite (Global Only)
- Honor 10X lite (Global Only)
- Honor 9X Pro (Global Only)
- Honor 8A (Global Only)
- Honor 8S (Global Only)
- Honor 8A Pro (Global Only)
- Huawei MatePad
- Huawei MatePad Pro
- Huawei Tablet M6 (8.4 inches & 10.8 inches)
- Huawei MatePad T (Global Only)
- Huawei MatePad T 10S (Global Only)
- Huawei MatePad T 10 (Global Only)
- Honor Tablet 6 (China-Exclusive)
- Honor Tablet X6 (China-Exclusive)
- Honor Tablet V6
- Huawei Enjoy Tablet 2 (China-Exclusive)
Huawei Mate 40 Pro EMUI 12 Tracker: Beta, Stable and Release
Huawei Mate 40 Pro is the latest Huawei flagship that has been entered the global market. The comes with a 5nm Kirin 9000 processor that boasts an unlimited amount of power for the users. Huawei Mate 40 Pro also features new camera technologies that will help you capture high-quality images.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro comes with pre-equipped EMUI 11 software based on Android 10. There were some exclusive features that this flagship has brought to the Mate 40 Pro users that were available in the past version of EMUI. Since the installation of HarmonyOS on the Mate 40 series in China, global Mate 40 Pro users were also looking for a way to install a major software update.
Since the EMUI 12 announcement last October, Mate 40 Pro users are rejoicing the moment because they are the first in the row to taste EMUI 12 under the beta program.
Starting November 8, Huawei Mate 40 Pro users in the global market can participate in the EMUI 12 beta activity. If you want to know more about the beta registration process, please follow the beta article (here) or the link below.
Huawei EMUI 12 beta is currently limited to some markets and regions. Therefore, the stable rollout will only start once the testing concludes.
Below you can check all of the Huawei Mate 40 Pro EMUI 12 related progress that is occurring in the global market including beta, stable rollouts, and the latest news.
- On November 8, 2021, Huawei began to sign up Mate 40 Pro users for beta (Rollout yet to start)
- On November 22, 2021, First EMUI 12 beta rolling out
- The stable rollout is yet to confirm but it’ll start on the first of 2022
November 22, 2021:
- Huawei EMUI 12 beta is now rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 Pro with EMUI version 184.108.40.206 and an update package size of 5.5 gigabytes. Read more.
November 9, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro global models open beta testing in limited markets. Users can sign up through the beta application and register their interest in the beta campaign. Read more.
November 11, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro users in Europe are now eligible to sign up for the EMUI 12 beta project in the region. However, only big markets are now eligible to test the EMUI version features. Read more