Alongside, the EMUI 11, the company’s former subsidiary has also begun sending its latest software, Magic UI 4.0 for the global models of Honor 20, 20 Pro, and V20/View 20. According to the information, these phones had completed their stable Magic UI 4.0 installation by early 2021.
Moving forward, Huawei has started to rollout Magic UI 4.0 for the Honor 20 and Honor View 20 device in the Indian Market and bringing its latest set of features for the users to provide them an improved user experience upgrading from Magic UI 3.1.
According to the information, Magic UI 4.0 for Honor 20 and View20 rolling out in India with the Magic UI version 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 respectively with a package size of 1.81 GB.
The changelog of this update reveals that this update has features including the new artistic themes, and improved multiwindow mode for better multitasking, smoother animations, super notepad, gallery optimizations, and better security.
Thanks to the tipster: Amarshi Studio
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
You can also request this update via the Support app with the following instructions.
- Open the Support app
- Go to the Services tab
- Tap on Update
- Download and Install
MAGIC UI 4 CHANGELOG:
This update introduces Magic UI 4/EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience.
Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, Magic UI 4/ EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them
Honor Magic UI 6.0/Android 12 beta opens in UK
Honor is inviting users to join the beta program of Android 12-based Magic UI 6.0 in the UK. While many Honor devices are still standing in the queue to receive the first Android 12 build, it seems that Honor 50 is all set to taste the new firmware.
For implementing the flagship Honor 50 with a new update, the company has opened a Magic UI 6.0 Beta program in the UK. Consequently, this beta event appears with a bunch of goodies for the users. Apart from the testing of the beta software pack, users also get a chance to win exciting prizes and rewards.
Exciting Prizes & Rewards
The respective beta program is no less than a contest for the consumers. As familiar, the beta program mainly appears for the testing of the firmware and obtaining genuine feedback over it. However, the twist lies here is that users can score awards based on the quality of feedback, questionnaires, as well as update scores.
There are three categories of the Beta Test Awards. Here are we giving a list that describes the awards and prizes for the individuals:
- Beta Talent – Honor MagicWatch 2
- Beta Excellence – Honor Earbuds 2 Lite
- Beta Encouragement – Honor Band 6
How to register for Beta Testers?
For participating in the amazing beta program, follow the below-given steps:
- Tap on the link HERE
- The above link will lead you to a Google form
- Fill the form with respective information, such as Email ID, Contact number, Device model, and more
- Submit the form
The selected participant will get notified through mail on June 17, 2022. Further, the testing period will start from 20 June onwards, till the 3rd of July. Thereafter, the winners will receive their prizes from 14 – 28 July, following the Reward announcement on 11 – 13 July.
So hurry up! Take part in this amazing opportunity to grab new gadgets, the last date for filing the application form is June 16, 2022.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
February 2022 security update released for Honor Play 9A
Honor Play 9A smartphone began collecting a new security update released in February 2022 for better system security. As it brings fixes for several common vulnerabilities found in the latest software system to protect the device against threats.
According to the information, Honor Play 9A February 2022 update laned on the ground with Magic UI 3.1 version 18.104.22.168 updated from 22.214.171.124. However, we don’t exactly update size but it is expected to be regular.
- Honor Play 9A MOA-AL00
- Honor Play 9A MOA-AL20
- Honor Play 9A MOA-TL00
So, Honor Play 9A users don’t miss this update because it carries very important security improvements. However, the update is rolling out in batches and may take some time to reach you. Don’t be panic and have a nice day!
Furthermore, if you don’t want to wait for an OTA update notification, then it’s fine. You can check the update manually and download it by following the updates mentioned below.
How to check for updates:
Simply, turn on your smartphone and go to the settings menu. Then, tap on the system & updates and click on software updates. Afterward, you will see a new page with the option CHECK FOR UPDATES, tap on it and wait for the phone to connect server and get the update for you. From here, tap on the download and install button.
On the flip side, you can perform the same update task through the My Huawei app. Go to the My Huawei app and visit the update section. Then, follow on-screen instructions to download install the update.
Although, this update doesn’t erase your data we recommend you keep a backup of your important and personal data. Keep in mind, the smartphone should be charged 30% or above and have an adequate amount of storage in the phone.
Send us tips on the contacts mentioned below:
- Message us on Twitter
Honor Magic UI 6.0 launched based on Android 12
On January 10, Honor has launched the new version of the Magic UI software system, Magic UI 6.0 based on the latest Android 12. At the press conference, Honor CEO, Zhao Ming has presented a “continuous dream” of Magic UI 6.0.
Honor Magic UI 6.0 is designed with aim of bringing a new experience better than other OS. While maintaining the advantages of the Magic Live Smart Engine and other advantages. The Magic UI 6.0 comes with multi-device intelligent collaboration, focusing on smart life, collaborative office, and much more.
According to the official information, Honor Magic UI 6.0 upgrades Magic Live + Basic OS and Magic Live + cross-device OS three-dimensional knowledge experience under the real-time online perception, comprehension, and learning capabilities of Magic Live Intelligence Engine. “In the future, Honor’s Magic UI will take a different growth path from all existing brands.”
Honor also showed a signal comparison between the Magic 3.0 and the Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max, which is generally stronger and more power-efficient than the iPhone 13. As compared to Magic UI 5.0, the Magic UI 6.0 also improved the average frame rate of games, improved application retention rates, and even extended the Magic 3’s battery life by 20 minutes.
Furthermore, Honor Magic UI 6.0 is unleashed with the blessing of the Magic Live intelligent engine that can sense the geolocation through all-weather in boarding, subway, express delivery, elevator, and other scenarios. It matches the relationship between people’s location and time accounts, as well as provides relevant data partners to provide accurate intelligent services.
The Magic can actively provide smart services with a live visual experience. In the case of business travel, Yoyo suggests that flight information will be displayed in time, voice prompts boarding, and the boarding pass can be opened with a key. Based on industry-leading multi-level geofencing technology, Magic Live is 6 times more accurate than traditional sensing technology, 500 times more accurate in real-time, and reduces power consumption by up to 95%.
Magic Live will also actively learn and receive visual rules and recommendation rules based on user habits so that YOYO suggestions can become your unique smart assistant. Subway view, one-click swipe code, view of the house, and pickup signal.
In addition, Honor also launched the Honor Connect interconnection protocol, which can achieve 10ms low latency, 1.2GBps high data throughput, and a 20% anti-packet loss rate. Glory supports sharing and collaboration mode functions and supports compatibility with OLA protocol and METAR protocol.
With Basic OS, Magic Live can customize Smart Folders according to personal habits, and intelligently recommend app combinations on the go, for office meetings, entertainment, and leisure. Magic Live provides personalized optimization strategies for different scenarios: Link Turbo X integrates network distributed computing technology to improve communication stalls in weak signal environments.
GPU Turbo X is equipped with AI real-time scene prediction and scheduling to improve the average frame rate. the device maintains “quiet” while playing; OS Turbo X Smart Memory technology, application survival increased by 20%, battery life equivalent time increased by 5% magic live black technology wisdom blessings.
Honor is a strategic partner of Microsoft’s Your Phone function in China, the Magic Live cross-device experience has also been upgraded. In addition to the new Honor Connect interconnection protocol, Honor Sharing supports seamless interconnection transfer between mobile phones, tablets, and PCs, as well as high-speed reciprocal transfers between Windows PCs.
Cross-device collaboration supports keyboard and mouse sharing and screen expansion. The protocol is open for shelves and standard adaptations have been deeply incorporated to support more ecological devices.
Apart from this, Honor has also launched a brand new Honor Smart Desktop YOYO recommends cross-device reminders to continuously remind the schedule through various interactions such as card capsules, headset voices, and watch messages.
Magic UI 6.0 provides several service cards recommended by YOYO, creating a variety of themed desktops, and changing styles as you wish. New large folders function, directly click storage app, efficient and one-touch. Human factors engineering interactive effects, a mirror to the end. In other respects, Magic UI 6.0 also announced that it will continue to protect user privacy and security in all aspects and at all times.
The smartphone that will update first over Magic UI 6.0 in first-quarter belongs to the Magic 3 series. While the Honor 50 series will do so in the second quarter of the year. In the third quarter, Honor mobiles such as the V40, 50SE, X30, X20, or V7 will be updated.