Aside from smartphones, Huawei is also paying attention to its smart wearable segment and working hard to launch new products with the latest capabilities in near future.
In the meantime, Huawei has begun sending a firmware update for Huawei Watch GT 2. This update brings a bunch of new additional functions as well as optimizations that improve overall system performance.
According to the changelog, this update adds a moon phase, bad weather warning, supports downloading new watch faces, views a variety of new information in weather, improves system stability, and more.
On the other hand, it was reported that Huawei will soon release a new smartwatch, Huawei Watch 3, which will come with a brand new user interface system of the HarmonyOS software system.
Additionally, this smartwatch supports multi-device transfer for IoT connections and also the incorporation of more third-party apps that will increase the number of apps available for the users.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
WHAT’S NEW IN THIS UPDATE:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 receiving new firmware version 220.127.116.11 with an update size of 24.22MB.
- Support downloading new watch faces through the Huawei Health app on the iOS phone
- Allows to view a variety of new information such as sunrise, sunset, and tides in the weather app
- Adds the information about the moon phase to the weather app
- Adds the bad weather warning to the barometer app
- Allows the cadence (min.) and cadence (RPM) to be displayed in the training app during cross trainer training
- Optimizes the system stability in certain situations
- The update progress in the app is just for transferring the update package, it still needs to be installed on the watch for the update to complete.
- The watch needs to have at least 20% battery to update.
- Make sure the Bluetooth connection is stable during the update. Try again if the update fails.
HOW TO UPDATE:
Connect the watch to your phone using the Huawei Health app, open the app, touch Devices, touch the device name, choose Firmware update, then follow the onscreen instructions to update your watch if there are any new updates.