Aside from smartphones, Huawei is also paying attention to its smart wearable segment and working hard to launch new products with the latest capabilities in near future.
In the meantime, Huawei has begun sending a firmware update for Huawei Watch GT 2. This update brings a bunch of new additional functions as well as optimizations that improve overall system performance.
According to the changelog, this update adds a moon phase, bad weather warning, supports downloading new watch faces, views a variety of new information in weather, improves system stability, and more.
On the other hand, it was reported that Huawei will soon release a new smartwatch, Huawei Watch 3, which will come with a brand new user interface system of the HarmonyOS software system.
Additionally, this smartwatch supports multi-device transfer for IoT connections and also the incorporation of more third-party apps that will increase the number of apps available for the users.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
WHAT’S NEW IN THIS UPDATE:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 receiving new firmware version 188.8.131.52 with an update size of 24.22MB.
- Support downloading new watch faces through the Huawei Health app on the iOS phone
- Allows to view a variety of new information such as sunrise, sunset, and tides in the weather app
- Adds the information about the moon phase to the weather app
- Adds the bad weather warning to the barometer app
- Allows the cadence (min.) and cadence (RPM) to be displayed in the training app during cross trainer training
- Optimizes the system stability in certain situations
- The update progress in the app is just for transferring the update package, it still needs to be installed on the watch for the update to complete.
- The watch needs to have at least 20% battery to update.
- Make sure the Bluetooth connection is stable during the update. Try again if the update fails.
HOW TO UPDATE:
Connect the watch to your phone using the Huawei Health app, open the app, touch Devices, touch the device name, choose Firmware update, then follow the onscreen instructions to update your watch if there are any new updates.
Huawei P50 is getting HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 upgrade
The standard Huawei P50 is now receiving HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 software update in China. This update primarily optimizes system stability to make the flagship run smother and execute tasks on time. Huawei P50 users are recommended to install this software update as soon as it arrives.
This is another software update that Huawei is rolling out to improve this flagship device and deliver better to the consumers. However, the phone is only available for the Chinese market and Huawei P50 Pro has already on sale in the overseas market.
Coming to the details, Huawei P50 HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 software update could be downloaded by visiting Settings > System & updates > then tap on the Software update section, followed by the check for updates button. From here let the phone check for the available firmware version and fetch them down for you.
Be mentioned, Huawei P50 Pro in the global market comes with EMUI 12 software, which on the other hand, runs solely on HarmonyOS in China. According to previous details, Huawei P50 series phones could be the first ones to test HarmonyOS 3.0, when it comes out.
Talking about the standard Huawei P50, the phone features a flat panel display, and a powerful camera system consisting of two large circles to house the cameras. While the design of the phone remains intriguing in all aspects. The P50 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset but only with 4G connectivity.
(via – Huawei)
Huawei Watch Fit New is collecting May 2022 firmware
Huawei Watch Fit New is receiving May 2022 firmware update that comes with brand new optimizations for features as well as core services to enhance your user experience. In terms of details, the Huawei Watch Fit New May 2022 firmware has optimization for the display effect of some UI elements including icons. Therefore, it’s recommended for you install this software update.
According to the changelog, Huawei Watch Fit New latest software update comes with firmware version 22.214.171.124 upgrading from firmware 126.96.36.199. The second model of the Huawei Watch Fit New is getting this software update with firmware version 188.8.131.52 upgrading from 184.108.40.206.
Let’s take a look at the changelog:
- Optimize the display effect of some interfaces and icons
- Optimize the operation prompts of some scenes
Similar to the Huawei Watch Fit, Huawei Watch Fit New is also receiving this software update in China. Therefore, you will have to wait to get this software update in the global market.
To check for updates, you need to open the Huawei Health app, then connect your Huawei Watch Fit, navigate towards the firmware update section and then tap on Download and Install option to get this software update.
However, you should note that the entire upgrade process will take some time and we suggest you get this update on board as soon as it arrives on your smartphone.
Huawei Watch Fit is getting May 2022 update
Huawei is sending May 2022 update for the Watch Fit smartwatch that comes with new optimizations for core features such as icons and interface. The update comes with firmware version 220.127.116.11 upgrading from 18.104.22.168. On the other hand, the second model of Watch Fit is getting firmware version 22.214.171.124 upgrading from 126.96.36.199.
Huawei continuously improves its smart wearable devices with new firmware updates and the recent one adds important optimizations for the Watch Fit.
Talking specifically regarding the changelog, Huawei Watch Fit May 2022 update brings you new optimizations for the display effect of some user interfaces and icons. On the other hand, this update optimizes the operation prompts in some scenarios.
For your information, this update is rolling out in batches and is currently, available for the Chinese models but the company could expand it soon for all of the Huawei consumers across the board.
- Keep the power of the device to more than 20% before upgrading.
- Please ensure that the Bluetooth connection is maintained during the upgrade process. If the upgrade fails, please try again.
- Do not operate the device during the upgrade process.
- During the upgrade process, please wait patiently for the progress bar on the device side to complete to ensure that the device is upgraded.
- Update the “Huawei Health” application to the latest version through the AppGallery before checking or upgrading to the latest version.
How to update:
To your Huawei Watch Fit, open the Huawei Health app, select Watch Fit, then tap on the firmware update section and follow the on-screen instruction to download and install the latest Huawei Watch Fit software update. To be mentioned the installation procedure may take a few minutes so make sure the Bluetooth connection doesn’t get interrupted.