Huawei Watch 3 is currently making buzz among consumers because it’s likely to be the first smartwatch to pre-equip HarmonyOS software system, moving from LiteOS. This device is also likely to bring a set of new features for the consumers but Huawei has not confirmed any launch dates at the moment.
But does it means that Huawei forgets its previous smartwatch users when the company launches a new one? The answer is simple No! Because, the Chinese tech takes care of its existing users by sending new software updates and optimizations via OTA updates.
Earlier this month, Huawei sent a new firmware update for the Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro, which installed new optimizations and improved system stability. These to provide a better user experience as well as to increase overall system performance.
Now, Huawei has released a new software update for its other important smartwatch, the Huawei Watch GT 2e. The latest software version for this device brings a bunch of new features and optimizations including the ability to download new watch faces from the Huawei Health app on iOS.
This latest update also adds new features to the Weather, Barometer, and workout apps, as well as new optimizations that increase the smoothness of the watch.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
This update allows users to download clear watch faces from the Huawei Health app on their iOS phones and adds new features to the Weather, Barometer, and Exercise apps. Update your watch to try.
- Supports downloading new watch faces from the Huawei Health app on iOS phones.
- It lets you check a variety of new information, including sunrise, sunset, and tide information in the Weather app.
- Adds moon phase information to the weather app.
- It adds the bad weather alert feature to the barometer app.
- Allows you to view Cadence (minutes) and Cadence (rpm) during elliptical workouts in the Training app.
- Optimizes system stability in certain situations
Some things to know before you update:
- For a better user experience, you are advised to update the Huawei Health app to the latest version in the app store first.
- Keep Bluetooth connected during the update. If the update fails, try again.
- Updating the wearable device may take some time. Please wait for the progress bar on the device to complete. The device will automatically restart after the update complete.
- If you encounter any issues when using the device, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
HOW TO UPDATE:
Connect the watch to your phone using the Huawei Health app, open the app, touch Devices, touch the device name, choose Firmware update, then follow the onscreen instructions to update your watch if there are any new updates.
(Source – HuaweiAilesi)
Huawei P50 is getting HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 upgrade
The standard Huawei P50 is now receiving HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 software update in China. This update primarily optimizes system stability to make the flagship run smother and execute tasks on time. Huawei P50 users are recommended to install this software update as soon as it arrives.
This is another software update that Huawei is rolling out to improve this flagship device and deliver better to the consumers. However, the phone is only available for the Chinese market and Huawei P50 Pro has already on sale in the overseas market.
Coming to the details, Huawei P50 HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 software update could be downloaded by visiting Settings > System & updates > then tap on the Software update section, followed by the check for updates button. From here let the phone check for the available firmware version and fetch them down for you.
Be mentioned, Huawei P50 Pro in the global market comes with EMUI 12 software, which on the other hand, runs solely on HarmonyOS in China. According to previous details, Huawei P50 series phones could be the first ones to test HarmonyOS 3.0, when it comes out.
Talking about the standard Huawei P50, the phone features a flat panel display, and a powerful camera system consisting of two large circles to house the cameras. While the design of the phone remains intriguing in all aspects. The P50 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset but only with 4G connectivity.
(via – Huawei)
Huawei Watch Fit New is collecting May 2022 firmware
Huawei Watch Fit New is receiving May 2022 firmware update that comes with brand new optimizations for features as well as core services to enhance your user experience. In terms of details, the Huawei Watch Fit New May 2022 firmware has optimization for the display effect of some UI elements including icons. Therefore, it’s recommended for you install this software update.
According to the changelog, Huawei Watch Fit New latest software update comes with firmware version 18.104.22.168 upgrading from firmware 22.214.171.124. The second model of the Huawei Watch Fit New is getting this software update with firmware version 126.96.36.199 upgrading from 188.8.131.52.
Let’s take a look at the changelog:
- Optimize the display effect of some interfaces and icons
- Optimize the operation prompts of some scenes
Similar to the Huawei Watch Fit, Huawei Watch Fit New is also receiving this software update in China. Therefore, you will have to wait to get this software update in the global market.
To check for updates, you need to open the Huawei Health app, then connect your Huawei Watch Fit, navigate towards the firmware update section and then tap on Download and Install option to get this software update.
However, you should note that the entire upgrade process will take some time and we suggest you get this update on board as soon as it arrives on your smartphone.
Huawei Watch Fit is getting May 2022 update
Huawei is sending May 2022 update for the Watch Fit smartwatch that comes with new optimizations for core features such as icons and interface. The update comes with firmware version 184.108.40.206 upgrading from 220.127.116.11. On the other hand, the second model of Watch Fit is getting firmware version 18.104.22.168 upgrading from 22.214.171.124.
Huawei continuously improves its smart wearable devices with new firmware updates and the recent one adds important optimizations for the Watch Fit.
Talking specifically regarding the changelog, Huawei Watch Fit May 2022 update brings you new optimizations for the display effect of some user interfaces and icons. On the other hand, this update optimizes the operation prompts in some scenarios.
For your information, this update is rolling out in batches and is currently, available for the Chinese models but the company could expand it soon for all of the Huawei consumers across the board.
- Keep the power of the device to more than 20% before upgrading.
- Please ensure that the Bluetooth connection is maintained during the upgrade process. If the upgrade fails, please try again.
- Do not operate the device during the upgrade process.
- During the upgrade process, please wait patiently for the progress bar on the device side to complete to ensure that the device is upgraded.
- Update the “Huawei Health” application to the latest version through the AppGallery before checking or upgrading to the latest version.
How to update:
To your Huawei Watch Fit, open the Huawei Health app, select Watch Fit, then tap on the firmware update section and follow the on-screen instruction to download and install the latest Huawei Watch Fit software update. To be mentioned the installation procedure may take a few minutes so make sure the Bluetooth connection doesn’t get interrupted.