First software update rolling out for Huawei FreeBuds 4i, brings support for non-Huawei devices and more
Back in March, Huawei has launched the new true wireless earbuds in the FreeBuds segment, Huawei FreeBuds 4i in the overseas market. These wearables come with Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), 10 hours of continuous playback for long use cases.
Now, Huawei has started sending the first firmware update for the latest FreeBuds 4i. This update brings support for non-Huawei devices as well as optimizations for the system and Bluetooth.
Huawei FreeBuds 4i users can check, download and install this update on their respective devices by following the update instruction mentioned at the end of the post.
On the other hand, it was reported that Huawei will reveal its next FreeBuds wearable, FreeBuds 4 this May and will adopt a new color scheme with four new colors.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- Message us on Twitter
- Huawei FreeBuds 4i users can identify this update with version 22.214.171.124 with an update size of 1.19MB
- Support for non-Huawei devices
- Optimizes charging success rate and improves Bluetooth connection stability
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- As this update is deployed gradually, it may take some time to arrive on your device.
- Maintain battery at least 30% in both the devices.
- Always put earbuds into the charging case and keep the case open(during update).
- Pair earbuds with your phone again before charging and updating.
HOW TO UPDATE:
- Open the AI Life app.
- Make sure the earphones have been connected to your phone and earphones are placed inside the charging case, leave the charging case open, then select the corresponding card for your earphones to access the device’s home screen.
- Touch Check for updates.
- If an update is available, touch UPDATE.
- Wait until the update is complete.
- After the update is complete, close the charging case and wait for 10 minutes for the case to be automatically updated.
About Huawei FreeBuds 4i:
Huawei FreeBuds 4i has a 3D bionic design with 10mm dynamic drivers, dual mics, supports Bluetooth 5.2, 55mAh on each earbud, and 215mAh on the charging case, and more.
It equipped with beamforming technology that picks human voice accurately and the unique wind-proof structure reduces wind noise. Additionally, AI neural network algorithm can extract the human voice from the noise, which makes a voice call very clear.
Huawei patents new smartwatch design that is similar to Band B6