Huawei Nova 5T is one of the EMUI 11 eligible devices to install the latest mobile operating system. In the recent past, this smartphone was also part of the EMUI 11 beta testing program in different regions.
After months of beta activity, recently Huawei began to roll out the stable EMUI 11 updates for Nova 5T users in different markets. At the moment, this update is rolling in Sri Lanka and further touches the other region’s Nova 5T devices.
However, last week, the company has already sent the official EMUI 11 built in the UK and Europe market. This update is still in the early stage of expanding so, it may take some to cover all device Nova 5T models across the globe.
After installing this update, users can experience many new exciting features such as super notepads, rhythmic ringtones, AI subtitles, and amazing changes made in the user interface like artistic AOD, new multiwindow mode, and more.
Stable EMUI 11 version: Huawei Nova 5T users on EMUI 10.1 starts receiving EMUI 11 version 18.104.22.168 (C636E3R1P5) with a package size of 1.94 GB.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Before you upgrade:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
NEW EMUI 11 FEATURES:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
HOW TO INSTALL:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop-up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
Alternatively, you can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Huawei won China Unicom 5G SA wireless 3.5G Single source bid
As per the latest news, China Telecom announced that Huawei, ZTE, and two other firms won the China Unicom 5G SA wireless main equipment 3.5G procurement 2021 construction project bid.
In the latest edition, China Telecom explained that the company intends to purchase this project from a single source for more ambitious negotiations and selects the following four major firms of Mainland.
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- ZET Corporation
- Datang Mobile Communication Equipment Co. Ltd
- Ericsson Communications Co. Ltd.
Earlier in June 2021, Huawei also won the bid for the user data equipment for the number portability procurement project for NP/AUSF/UDM/UDR user data network elements. Adding to this, the user data equipment project targets about 30 million households for basic and 10 million households for 5G network facilities to be installed.
Huawei China Unicom Collaboration:
Huawei and China Unicom have previously worked on many projects and established new benchmarks in the 5G industry and cloud industry.
On July 22, Huawei, Media Gropu, and China Unicom officially released the smart manufacturing demonstration factory that incorporates the 5G technology. It is designed with smart warehousing, smart vehicle management, and AI smart monitoring protocols. (Read Here)
Prior to this in May, Huawei and China Unicom Beijing branch positioned the 5G gigabit technology in the China National Stadium of about 258,000-meter square with 91,000 seats.
New Huawei Hongmeng trademark clashes with first one, got rejected
Today, Beijing Intellectual Property Court gave the first instance judgment on Huawei’s appeal against the State Intellectual Property Office for the rejection of the Hongmeng trademark.
To be mentioned, Hongmeng is the Chinese name of the HarmonyOS, the trademark has been in controversy once before.
The court has rejected the plea of plaintiff Huawei filed because it was dissatisfied with the decision of the rejection of the “Hongmeng HongMeng” trademark by the State Intellectual Property Office.
The lawsuit was refused because the disputed Hongmeng HongMeng trademark was found similar to cited trademark Hongmeng in terms of text composition, call, meaning, and have constituted similar trademark signs.
However, if the trademark was passed and used together with cited trademark then it will definitely cause confusion and misidentification of services among the consumers.
According to the information, this trademark’s international classification was involved 38 types of communication services. To be mentioned, Huawei had filed a plea against 42 types of “Hongmeng” trademarks, which were also judged similarly.
In this dispute case plaintiff Huawei’s clarifications:
- The overall meaning of the disputed trademark and cited trademark is distinct and does not constitute a similar trademark used for the same or similar services.
- The cited trademark has been in the process of revocation of non-use for three consecutive years, and the state of rights is unstable, and the trial of this case is requested to be suspended.
- The trademark in dispute is the original design of the plaintiff, which has been well-known after long-term publicity, which will not cause confusion and misunderstanding by the relevant public.
On the other hand, the defendant argued that the facts were clear, the applicable law was correct, and the procedures were legal and requested the court to deny the plaintiff’s request for trial.
Huawei Forum maintenance completed one week earlier
Today, Huawei has officially announced that Huawei Forum maintenance has successfully been concluded one week earlier than the actual schedule. Now, the services are being resumed such as Huawei Club’s PC, APP, and WAP versions.
Huawei users can now visit Huawei Forum and continue the HarmonyOS 2.0 testing using the My Huawei App and WAP version of upgrade and early adopters.
According to the previous information, Huawei has published an official notice on July 25 regarding the upgrade maintenance for Huawei Forum between July 26, 2021, to August 9, 2021, 22:00.
With the Huawei Forum’s up-gradation announcement, the company also posted an apology for the inconvenience during the maintenance “Thank you Forum members for your continued understanding and support of the Huawei Forum!”
Huawei achieved 40 million HarmonyOS installations:
The rapid progress clearly reflects that Huawei is working as much as fast it can to deliver the next level user’s experience to the least possible device.