Aside from smartphones, Huawei is also good at taking care of its other products including smartwatches, fitness bands, wireless earphones, headphones, and more.
Last week, Huawei has kicked off a software update for Huawei Watch Fit that brought new moon phase information to the weather card to the system and improves the Sp02 monitoring mode for accurate results.
According to the latest changelog, it added a weather application that supports outdoor environment information, moon phase information, altitude barometer application with a severe weather warning, system stability optimizations, and more.
Models getting update:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 42mm
- Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm
- Huawei Watch 2e
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Huawei Watch GT 2 users can check the complete changelog and other important information about the software package as well as its version information mentioned below.
What’s New in this update:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 46mm and Watch GT 2 42mm receiving a new version 220.127.116.11 upgrading from 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52
- Huawei Watch GT 2e receiving a new version 184.108.40.206 upgrading 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168
- iOS users can download and install more free watch faces
- Weather application supports outdoor environment information such as sunrise, sunset, tide, etc.
- Add moon phase information to the weather application card
- The altitude barometer application newly added the severe weather warning function
- In the exercise application, the elliptical machine supports the display of cadence and cadence-related data
- Optimize system stability in some scenes
HOW TO UPDATE WATCH GT 2:
Connect the watch to your phone using the Huawei Health app, open the app, touch Devices, touch the device name, choose Firmware update, then follow the onscreen instructions to update your watch if there are any new updates.
- The update progress in the app is just for transferring the update package, it still needs to be installed on the watch for the update to complete.
- The watch needs to have at least 20% battery to update.
- Make sure the Bluetooth connection is stable during the update. Try again if the update fails.
EMUI 12 for Huawei P30 series rolling out New Zealand
Huawei is currently expanding the reach of EMUI 12 for P30 series smartphones in the global market. As of now, the company has sent this update in many markets and now EMUI 12 for Huawei P30 devices is rolling in New Zealand.
According to the user, Huawei P30 consumers in New Zealand can download EMUI 12 update with the build version 22.214.171.124. This update will require you to download a large OTA package size of 4.79 GB. However, we also want to mention that the download and installation procedure may take some time to unpack such a large update package on your Huawei P30 smartphone.
EMUI 12 has various features and if we want to mention some of them, then we come down to a new intuitive interface and multi-device control panel, notification center, better smart device management, smoother animations, and large folders. The EMUI 12 also promises to improve your device’s performance so, it can run smoothly.
Huawei P30 smartphones currently run EMUI 11 software and after this major upgrade, you’ll definitely note the changes from UI to features. Therefore, it’s recommended for you to get this upgrade installed on your Huawei P30 smartphone. To download EMUI 12 on your Huawei P30 or P30 Pro smartphone, first, navigate towards Settings > then tap on System & updates > from here tap on Software updates and then tap on the on-screen steps to move along the software installation procedure.
Make sure you plug in your phone’s charger or keep its battery level to the optimum while keeping sufficient space in the internal storage to download and install the software update package.
Huawei Watch GT 3 May 2022 feature update rolling out globally
Huawei is sending a May 2022 software update for one of the best smartwatches available in the market – The watch GT 3. This update comes with a bunch of new features and optimizations for the Watch GT 3 smartwatch that are designed to ease your interactivity with your smartwatch and bring you an improved user experience.
To be mentioned, this update is already under expansion for Chinese consumers and now, global users of the Watch GT 3 could also install the firmware to get benefit from the latest additions. The Huawei Watch GT 3 comes with HarmonyOS 2.1 operating system, that’s why it boasts various health and fitness features right on your wrist without any hassle.
As reported by Huaweiblog, the Huawei Watch GT 3 May 2020 features update comes with HarmonyOS 2.1 version 126.96.36.1998. While the software package has weighed of hefty 70MB. The package size of this update reveals a lot of the update package size that you see in the changelog mentioned below.
However, there’s one specific feature that we want to showcase to you is that the new multi-service widget. This feature designed by the widget optimizes space efficiency so you can get all of the information you want in a single glance. The widgets can also be customized as per your preference, which is one of the coolest features you could see in a smartwatch.
Huawei Watch GT 3 May 2022 update could be downloaded via the My Huawei health app. To do that you need to open the app and select your smart wearable and tap on a software update to proceed with on-screen instruction. Do note that the entire update procedure may take some time to install on your Huawei Watch GT 3 smartwatch to transfer the package.
- Adds the data display menu in the training settings, which allows you to select the data to be displayed during the training via the data cards.
- Adds the intensity screen, available in the data display menu, which allows you to swipe down to view heart rate and pace zones during a workout.
- Optimizes the accuracy of the swim lane count.
- Optimizes the accuracy of the heart rate measurement during training and during rest periods.
- Optimizes music playback in certain situations.
- Optimizes the display of certain user interfaces.
Huawei P40 Pro gets security improved with May 2022 patch (EMUI 12)
Huawei has started sending May 2022 security patches for various of its devices, and now the company is expanding this patch for the Huawei P40 Pro flagship. The Huawei P40 Pro May 2020 security patch is currently rolling out for the devices with EMUI 12 software update.
Huawei P40 Pro users with EMUI 12 could start installing the May 2022 security patch along with EMUI 12 version 188.8.131.52. This update package comes with a downloadable size of 335 megabytes.
According to the information (via huaweiblog), Huawei P40 Pro users have been one of the first smartphone models to feature the EMUI 12 software upgrades. Following this rollout, Huawei has also sent new monthly upgrades for this smartphone in the global market. On the flip side, the Huawei P0
Huawei P40 Pro comes with a quad-camera system that takes high-quality photographs and there’s a periscope telephoto camera system. This flagship has various positive use cases for consumers.
image source – Huaweiblog
Below you can check the Huawei P40 Pro May 2022 update changelog:
List of Changes:
- This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in May 2022 for improved system security.
How to update:
Huawei P40 Pro consumers can download this software by going into Settings and heading towards the Software update section by scrolling down and selecting the software update section. Don’t forget that you can request the latest Huawei P40 Pro update via the My Huawei app as well.