Back in January, Huawei debuted a new smartphone in the mid-range segment, Huawei Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition powered by Kirin 820E, a brand new 5G processor. Also, it refurbished the version of Nova 7 SE with Kirin 820 5G chipset.
Now, Huawei has started to push a new software update for Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition, which installs the security patch released in March 2021 and improves system security as well as overall device performance.
Alongside fixing different levels of exploits and issues, this security patch also resolves the hidden privacy issues found in the last security improvements because they can harm the user’s data.
But security isn’t the only thing that concerns Huawei smartphone users. As every Huawei consumer now eyes the next big thing, HarmonyOS. This a topic of excitement and every Huawei smartphone owner is filled with it.
But the question arises, which Huawei devices will receive will be able to upgrade with HarmonyOS? Yes, it’s a fair question and we seem to have an answer for that in our HarmonyOS eligible device list. However, Huawei will confirm more eligible models, once HarmonyOS 2.0 developer beta moves forward and reaches the stable version.
If you want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
On the other hand, the changelog doesn’t have much to show us and has not mentioned any other changes. More information about the update instructions and notes linked below.
Before you upgrade:
- We recommend you take a backup of your important data.
- Use a stable connection to download the update package.
- Do not forcefully turn off the phone, once the installation is started.
New version details:
Huawei Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition smartphone users grabbing EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.1.141 upgrading from 10.1.1.106.
Security: Integrates the Android security patch released in March 2021.
March 2021 Security Patch Details: This security patch fixes 2 critical, 13 high, and 132 medium levels of CVEs for improved system security.
HOW TO CHECK FOR UPDATE:
To download this update manually, go to Settings then System & updates, then open Software update, from here select Check for updates. If an update is available it’ll pop up on your phone and an option of Download and install will appear. Press the option and start to download.
You can also request software updates through the Support app. To do this, open the Support app, go to the Service tab on the bottom bar, tap on the update, then select Check for updates and then download and install.
Huawei Nova 7 Se is a good device and we think it surely deserves a chance to receive and run HarmonyOS operating system, as Huawei might even hearing the consumers and may provide a solution for them.
December 2021 EMUI security details released amid EMUI 12 beta rollout
Huawei has released December 2021 security patch details for the EMUI software system that brings new security patches. On the other hand, the Chinese tech maker has also begun to deliver EMUI 12 beta updates in the global market.
Currently, Huawei is sending October and November 2021 security patches for its smartphones and tablets running EMUI software but the company is running behind the schedule to deliver the latest EMUI versions. Meanwhile, the HarmonyOS operation system has moved ahead and planning to conclude testing on all of the devices by early 2022.
Although, it’s still November but for the past few months, the company has started to release security details ahead of time. Thus, there was no such hurry that has been seen in the rollout so far.
December 2021 EMUI security:
In the meantime, we’re here to explore the latest details of December 2021 EMUI security details. So, let’s get into it.
The latest patch details reveal that Huawei has fixed different aspects of the software system that will rollout with upcoming software updates. However, there are also some issues that are patched and found in previous builds.
Before, we begin you should know that Common Vulnerabilities Exposures is mentioned as CVE, which represents the threats and exploration of your phones’ potential data leak.
The latest patch brings fixes to 2 critical, 15 high, and a massive 38 number of CVE in medium level. To be mentioned, the security patches also include 2 vulnerabilities from November 2021.
- Critical: CVE-2021-0802, CVE-2021-0930
- High: CVE-2021-0845, CVE-2021-0748, CVE-2021-0862, CVE-2020-13871, CVE-2021-0434, CVE-2021-0650, CVE-2021-0653, CVE-2021-0926, CVE-2021-0928, CVE-2021-0931, CVE-2021-0932, CVE-2021-0933, CVE-2021-0920, CVE-2021-1048, CVE-2021-0927
- Medium: CVE-2021-0839, CVE-2021-0848, CVE-2021-0758, CVE-2021-0773, CVE-2021-0787, CVE-2021-0793, CVE-2021-0814, CVE-2021-0767, CVE-2021-0853, CVE-2021-0831, CVE-2021-0790, CVE-2021-0786, CVE-2021-0783, CVE-2021-0771, CVE-2021-0719, CVE-2021-0729, CVE-2021-0733, CVE-2021-0741, CVE-2021-0751, CVE-2021-0754, CVE-2021-0760, CVE-2021-0740, CVE-2021-0812, CVE-2021-0818, CVE-2021-0842, CVE-2021-0837, CVE-2021-0829, CVE-2021-0809, CVE-2021-0810, CVE-2021-0811, CVE-2021-0776, CVE-2021-0817, CVE-2021-0819, CVE-2021-0919, CVE-2021-0922, CVE-2021-30265, CVE-2021-30263, CVE-2018-25015
This time, Huawei has also mentioned CVEs that have been adopted for third-party libraries, which has not been done before. These have 7 high levels and 22 medium levels of threats fixes.
- High: CVE-2021-40490, CVE-2013-0894, CVE-2021-32399, CVE-2020-22025, CVE-2020-22037, CVE-2020-22026, CVE-2020-17541
- Medium: CVE-2021-3753, CVE-2020-10135, CVE-2021-3635, CVE-2021-3566, CVE-2020-22056, CVE-2020-22043, CVE-2020-22039, CVE-2020-22028, CVE-2020-22044, CVE-2020-22020, CVE-2020-22051, CVE-2020-22049, CVE-2020-22040, CVE-2020-22019, CVE-2020-22038, CVE-2020-22046, CVE-2019-17539, CVE-2020-14314, CVE-2020-25641, CVE-2020-35508, CVE-2020-12352, CVE-2019-20934
How to download and install EMUI 12 beta
Huawei has started to rollout EMUI 12 beta for eligible device owners and testers have also been waiting for this moment for a long time. Therefore they just downloaded the EMUI 12 beta and install it right away without any delay under the anticipation of a major upgrade.
This latest EMUI version comes with various new features and provides different changes in the user interface that makes look like HarmonyOS operating system. Therefore more and more users want to upgrade over this EMUI software as it has started to drop for the beta testers first, which is a big advantage.
Currently, Huawei has opened EMUI 12 beta testing for selected global flagships including Huawei Mate 40 Pro, P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+, Mate 30 Pro. However, more devices will become eligible to download the latest software in early 2022.
If you’ve participated in the EMUI 12 beta activity, then you just need to follow the below-mentioned procedure.
Install EMUI 12 beta:
- Go to Settings
- Open System & updates
- Tap on Software updates
- Now Click the “CHECK FOR UPDATES” button on the bottom center of the screen
- Wait for the device to check for updates and fetch them for you
- If available, Press DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL to begin the installation
Wait while the update installs as it will surely take some to unpack and install the entire EMUI 12 beta software package on your smartphone.
A few things to know:
Downloading and installing a new software update has always been a big matter for smartphone owners but a beta update is not regular software. Beta updates could bring bugs and issues that are unfamiliar with, so be prepared for them. On the other hand, you have to keep sufficient space in internal storage to store updated packages.
Download the EMUI 12 beta package via WiFi network as it’ll surely consume a lot of data on mobile. Furthermore, the corresponding smartphone model should be charged to an optimum level of battery life.
Huawei EMUI November 2021 Updates List
November 2021 EMUI security updates details are out but devices with EMUI software systems may have to wait to get their hands on the latest software rollout as it’ll rollout gradually.
Although, Huawei is yet to send the latest software update for its eligible devices but the Chinese tech maker continues to send old security patches, system improvement, patches, and other new features with the latest OTA update releases.
Amid the rollout, Huawei has also confirmed that the next major rollout will be served with EMUI 12 for the global consumer. This may surprise some users and may disappoint others. That’s not it, the company has decided to push the EMUI 12 in the first half of 2022, which is quite a long wait to try this new software.
Meanwhile, some of the oldest phones have got their place in the EMUI 12 eligible device list that not have received EMUI 11. However, the given compatibility is something that they’ve searched for.
Moving on, we’re in November and Huawei continues to send new software rollout for the smartphones and tablets running EMUI software. This software update comes with various new fixes for the threats found in the EMUI kernel as well as third party application support.
In a month, send a number of new software for the Huawei EMUI powered devices. Therefore, this November 2021 EMUI updates archive will keep you posted on all of the actions that have been and will happen in the month of November 2021.
Huawei EMUI November 2021 Updates:
November 26, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 9 smartphone getting EMUI 12 update with version 126.96.36.199 and brings new camera improvements.
November 24, 2021:
- Honor Play 9A receiving November 2021 security update with Magic UI 188.8.131.52 that enhances system security.
November 22, 2021:
- Huawei Enjoy 10e starts getting November 2021 security patch with EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.0.215 in China.
- Huawei P40 Lite E installs October 2021 security update that comes with EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.0.216 and package size 3.12GB
November 20, 2021:
- Huawei P20 Lite global version is getting October 2021 security update with EMUI 9.1 version 184.108.40.2067 and package size of 231 megabytes.
November 19, 2021:
- Huawei P30 Lite New Edition is receiving October 2021 security update for the global models that come with enhanced system security improvements.
- EMUI 11 powered Huawei Mate 40 Pro is getting October 2021 security update with MeeTime, Security and new apps, as the phone is also testing EMUI 12 in the global market.
November 18, 2021:
- Huawei MediaPad M5 LIte is receiving an EMUI 220.127.116.111 software update that comes with a software package size of 191 megabytes and rolling out for global consumers.
November 17, 2021:
- Huawei P30 with EMUI 11 is installing October 2021 security update for improved system security.
November 16, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 8i users are receiving a new software update that brings new camera features for the 8i consumers.
November 15, 2021:
- Huawei Mate Xs is receiving EMUI 18.104.22.168 software updates with added improvements for calls, security, and new apps.
November 12, 2021:
- Huawei Nova 7i is receiving October 2021 security patch with improved system security.
November 11, 2021:
- Huawei P30 Pro global models are installing the latest security patch released in October 2021 as EMUI 12 status confirmed for this smartphone.
- Huawei P30 Lite is receiving a new software update with security improvements.
- Huawei P40 series global users with EMUI 11 are receiving October 2021 security patch.
November 10, 2021:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 global version is receiving new system optimizations that improve the watch’s performance for the consumers.
- Huawei Band 6 is receiving display optimizations for a better view.
November 8, 2021:
- Honor 9A is receiving the 22.214.171.124 software update with October 2021 security patch. Read more.
November 7, 2021:
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro global users getting new software version with Network optimization with EMUI 10.0.0.202.
November 4, 2021:
- Huawei P40 lite is receiving October 2021 update but it may also receive EMUI 12 major rollout. Read more here.
November 3, 2021:
- Huawei is sending a new firmware package for the global models of Huawei Mate 30 Pro that has an October 2021 security patch for improved system security. The Mate 30 series runs EMUI 11 in the global market.
November 2, 2021:
- Huawei P20 Lite is receiving a new software rollout that comes with the latest security patch
November 1, 2021:
- Huawei MatePad T10S users are receiving a new software update that brings October 2021 security patch.