After the enrollment process, Huawei Nova 6 and Nova 7 series are getting the first HarmonyOS 3 closed beta firmware. The devices welcome the latest update with a huge bag of features and reflective functions.
So far, the Chinese tech maker has released several beta rollouts for its eligible gadgets. Now, the high-end HarmonyOS 3.0 operating system has started making its way for the old flagships of the company.
Meanwhile, Huawei is about to begin the fourth batch of HarmonyOS 3 public beta for its eligible devices including the standard and the Pro versions of the Nova 8 series. Whereas the SE variants have to wait a little more.
Coming back to the update, the Huawei Nova 6 and Nova 7 series are obtaining the HarmonyOS 3 closed beta with a slight difference in the version. While Nova 6 series is obtaining the firmware with the 188.8.131.52 build, Nova 7 users will shift to the 184.108.40.206 build number.
Accordingly, Nova 6 users will require a 220.127.116.113/275 build to upgrade their phones to the latest firmware. Whereas, Nova 7 users must have 18.104.22.1681/272 builds running on their device’s system.
As of now, there is no information regarding the package size of the new update. Yet, we recommend having at least 8GB of free space in your device for installing the HarmonyOS 3 closed beta update.
Besides, you must have the following models to experience the eye-catching features of HarmonyOS 3.0.
- Huawei Nova 6 (WLZ-AL10)
- Huawei Nova 6 5G (WLZ-AN00)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G (JEF-AN00)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G (JEF-AN20)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G (JEF-TN00)
- Huawei Nova 7 5G (JEF-TN20)
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G (JER-AN10)
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G (JER-TN10)
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G (JER-TN20)
HarmonyOS 3.0 Closed Beta – Changes
This is a major development for the Huawei Nova 6 and Nova 7 devices. Ultimately, the latest closed beta offers advanced interactive functions, smart widgets, and folders, a Super Device function, Super Frame Game Engine, revamped privacy and security center, and barrier-free experience tools.
On the flip side, the update also brings the latest addition – SuperHub File transfer to the device surface. As the name suggests, the feature helps in sharing files and data from one app to another in no time.
After long-pressing and dragging text, pictures, files, and other content into the super transfer station, you can drag out multiple contents at one time across applications and devices.
Some more chance that you will observe in the beta changes is the addition of a Moment page in Gallery and a Pure Mode that protects the system with powerful measures. You can take a detailed view of the HarmonyOS 3.0 beta changelog HERE.
Points to Remember:
Since it is a beta update, it is advised to take a backup of your device beforehand. Further, the device may experience heat or lags after the latest firmware is installed. Hence do not panic as it’s just a normal process for the adaptation of the new system.
OpenHarmony-based HiHopeOS gets China UnionPay digital service certificate
Runhe Software HiHopeOS (based on OpenHarmony) has received a new China UnionPay financial and digital service certificate. Eventually, this certification will make the respective OS compatible with the China UnionPay technical specifications.
To begin with, the China UnionPay cooperation is releasing new configurations for digital service devices. Accordingly, these devices require an operating system that can be eligible with the latest technologies and specifications.
Consequently, to obtain a suitable operating system, China UnionPay carried out a qualification program. A variety of operating systems entered into this scenario. However, the OpenHarmony-based HiHopeOS financial release version is the first product to get the China UnionPay certificate.
To be mentioned, HiHopeOS distribution consists of multiple variants for different scenarios and operations. For instance, the IoT Edition for operating lightweight devices and gadgets.
As of now, the HiHopeOS financial version has gained digital service certification. This development will help the Runhe Software cooperation to indulge with more ecological partners and expand the HiHopeOS ecosystem in more sectors.
Digital Service Certification
It’s worth mentioning that the latest digital service certification was based on the following major aspects:
- Basic requirements of the operating system
- Interface layer requirements
- System service layer
- Security functions and technology
- third-party library components
According to the outcomes, the HiHopeOS effectively meets all the points and is reliable with digital services and other high-end devices.
New developments with HiHopeOS
So far, Runhe Software has integrated with various industrial groups and partners to stretch the manufacturing of new products. Besides, the company has associated with several tech makers for smart inventions.
Up to this point, the company has developed smart POS, MPOS, code-scanning machines, cloud speakers, recorders, and many other useful products. Notably, these techs involve the HiHopeOS in their internal structures.
Alternatively, the new achievement of HiHopeOS will help Runhe Software to build a firm partnership with China UnionPay cooperation and develop more new products and services for consumers.
Open Source HarmonyOS OpenHarmony 3.2 Beta 4 rolling out
OpenAtom foundation has released open source HarmonyOS, OpenHarmony 3.2 Beta 4 for the developers. This version brings a number of new improvements to the kernel and internal features of the software.
To be mentioned, OpenHarmony 3.2 beta 4 is based on beta 3 and includes the following changes.
Enhancement of the basic capabilities of the standard system:
- The program access control subsystem supports forward CFI, API exception handling optimization, etc.
- The kernel subsystem supports Hyperhold memory expansion feature enhancement, F2FS terminal performance enhancement, and optimization.
- The multi-mode input subsystem supports enabling and disabling keyboard function keys, and multi-hot zone support related to input devices.
- The graphics subsystem supports the transmission of graphics data based on the shared memory mechanism, supports YUV layers, supports GPU composition on the RS side, and supports rotation and dynamic resolution of the virtual screen, etc.
- The upgrade subsystem supports AB hot upgrade function, flashd upgrade supports AB partition device upgrade, SD/OTG upgrade supports AB partition device upgrade.
- The globalization subsystem supports on-demand subscription of device management events, system resources support overlay difference, and resource management supports cross-OS platform capabilities.
- The Misc software subsystem supports uploading files in PUT mode, download management supports configuration download tasks, input method framework optimization and enhancement, and supports printing service framework.
- The DFX subsystem supports power consumption data collection, system event data collection, perf data collection, etc.
- The ArkTS API has newly added support for reporting error codes, helping developers quickly catch exceptions and improving the efficiency of exception handling.
Standard System Application Development Framework Enhancements
- Supports dynamic library isolation, operation management supports pending application interception.
- Support window attribute setting, support ArkTS card interaction, XComponent provides container component capabilities, etc.
- Supports configuration of application dependencies supports adding, deleting, and checking operations on the list of application installation and uninstallation, and supports adding, deleting, and checking operations on the list of applications that are prohibited from running.
Standard system distributed capability enhancement:
- Distributed hardware supports the same account credential parameter request and import.
New KS8123 electronic payment device supports OpenHarmony operating system
Shenzhen Zhengtong’s latest KS8123 electronic payment device is now compatible with the OpenHarmony operating system. The cooperation has completed the eligibility procedure and has attained the corresponding certificate.
For your information, the KS8123 electronic device is a useful payment solution. It changes traditional payment methods and helps in the effective integration between vast mobile data and third-party servers.
In the latest development, the high-end KS8123 payment device is capable of supporting OpenHarmony 3.1 release. As a result, it will help in conducting appropriate and suitable financial payment operations among consumers.
Not only users, but the respective technology can aid large enterprises as well. Accordingly, the tech pack device can install in-demand third-party applications to help industries and other operators.
Moreover, with the help of the OpenHarmony 3.1 operating system, the KS8123 shields confidential data and improves the overall user experience. Besides, it generates an Online-to-Offline closed-loop system for secure payment functions.
KS8123 payment device – key specs & functions
The latest Shenzhen Zhengtong KS8123 payment solution comes along with a 10.1-inch IPS screen. This is a high-definition touchscreen with a three-dimensional light camera, free rotating patterns, and anti-counterfeit functions.
It also has the UnionPay Security qualification and Chinese secret certificate. Eventually, the smart device can offer complete encryption of the data and looks after the data storage and transmission actions.
In addition, the KS8123 integration with OpenHarmony 3.1 makes it more reliable for financial tasks. It verifies and optimizes the following aspects of the business:
- Communication interface security
- Application software security
- User data security
- Physical security
On the flip side, the device synchronizes with the definitive codes of OpenHarmony to improve the payment interaction between businesses. As a result, operators will get a highly connected and productive payment solution.
Alongside the business stuff, the KS8123 electronic payment gadget can also play a vital role in medical, governmental, and other industrial sectors.