The US trade restrictions on Huawei is expected to hit the company’s smartphone shipments for the upcoming quarter but the Ren Zhengfei, founder and CEO of Huawei says the company will still ship a huge sum of the smartphone in 2019.
According to Ren, the company estimates 270 million phones will be shipped this year, higher than the goal the company initially put out, prior to being added to the Entity List. This shipment volume is actually higher than the company’s previous estimates, told in an interview with YahooFinance.
In May, the US Commerce Department added Huawei into the trade blacklist, which bars the company from buying US technologies citing the Chinese tech giant as a national security threat.
Ren also repeated its revenue breakdown estimate of $30 billion for the year because the company wasn’t “fully prepared for being added to the Entity List.”
Last month, President of Huawei’s Product Division, He Gang announced as of May 30, 2019, Huawei’s annual global shipments of mobile phones have exceeded 100 million units.
As for the records, Huawei has received a huge increase in its quarterly shipments in the first quarter of 2019 and shipped around 200 million units by the end of 2018.
Recently, Tianfeng International analyst pointed out in the latest report that Huawei’s mobile phone supply chain has recently revised its second half of 2019 shipment forecast. In 2019, shipments are expected to reach 260 million units, and conservative estimates are also 230 million units.